Don Bradman 17 Online Leaderboards

Redpollard

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
20161228_105926.jpg

Online gameplay is getting really competitive as players are mastering new techniques in bowling.

A last ball victory for me in a t20 match in our DBC17 online leagues on our facebook group.

A proper thriller this.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Online gameplay is getting really competitive as players are mastering new techniques in bowling.

A last ball victory for me in a t20 match in our DBC17 online leagues on our facebook group.

A proper thriller this.

Would love to know what those bowling styles and techniques are.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Yeah , me too .

Hope its not the "put Square leg in front and Deep backward Point" , and then proceed to bowl me a variety of short balls just under the shoulders .

Doing this , you can decide which side of the field you want to get caught , but not many other options if you want to go big in a Pro20

Redpollard

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
Would love to know what those bowling styles and techniques are.

Not sure if online players would reveal any strategy. They will just show you when you are in a proper game with them.[DOUBLEPOST=1483091340][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah , me too .

Hope its not the "put Square leg in front and Deep backward Point" , and then proceed to bowl me a variety of short balls just under the shoulders .

Doing this , you can decide which side of the field you want to get caught , but not many other options if you want to go big in a Pro20
You need to add me in your leagues. I have a powerful smooth connection from UK. Hopefully we play games soon.

francisjery

International Coach
To be honest, online matches have become a bit of a joke here. Almost all the match I played (not much anyway), Batsmen are standing way near the offside wide line. Whatever ball I bowl is getting beaten to the boundary in the legside. Though I get him to miss a ball in offside it's called wide. I bowl straight and it getting beaten again rarely getting bowled. Change the line little towards legside, it's wide again. Not sure what would be the solution for this.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
To be honest, online matches have become a bit of a joke here. Almost all the match I played (not much anyway), Batsmen are standing way near the offside wide line. Whatever ball I bowl is getting beaten to the boundary in the legside. Though I get him to miss a ball in offside it's called wide. I bowl straight and it getting beaten again rarely getting bowled. Change the line little towards legside, it's wide again. Not sure what would be the solution for this.

For starters limit the amount a batsman can move around. Currently batsman can take a stance way outside off or nearly halfway down the pitch. Limit it to how it was in DBC 14 or enhance that a bit but not by the extent in DBC 17. Next step would be to reduce the power of "down the pitch" shots. The risk-reward for "down the wkt" shots is simply not there, especially against pacers.

Currently you can advance down the wkt and even if you miss there's no risk of getting out. Risk of mistiming a shot or getting out has to be increased a lot to ensure proper risk-reward scenario for these type of shots.

Last edited:

francisjery

International Coach
For starters limit the amount a batsman can move around. Currently batsman can take a stance way outside off or nearly halfway down the pitch. Limit it to how it was in DBC 14 or enhance that a bit but not by the extent in DBC 17. Next step would be to reduce the power of "down the pitch" shots. The risk-reward for "down the wkt" shots is simply not there, especially against pacers.
@BigAntStudios , hope u guys can consider correcting the mentioned points for the next patch or the later one.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
i hope not - for all the issues with batting, the ability to move around the crease is one huge improvement over dbc14. it's awesome.

francisjery

International Coach
i hope not - for all the issues with batting, the ability to move around the crease is one huge improvement over dbc14. it's awesome.
ability to move around is good mate. But no batsman would stand near the wide line for the entire match. There has to be some limitation for that.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
ability to move around is good mate. But no batsman would stand near the wide line for the entire match. There has to be some limitation for that.
I agree with @blockerdave there mainly because yes thats a huge improvement over DBC 14 and that the bowling now has a lot of variations too to get your plans right...There would be some shots which would be easy and the go-to shot for many, but we could always change the angle with runup, the variations, the shorter and longer pitch trigger, and the pace variations..So it might take a while but people will end up with a plan to not make the player play his shot easily and even if he does we could come up with a counter attack too..

Havent played the game yet but I feel that we could explore more in terms of the bowling depth the game has provided..I hardly see many changing the line of approach even to AI, its always change the type of delivery in the same runup...So we will be getting many more gameplay strategies once we explore those regions in bowling...

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I agree with @blockerdave there mainly because yes thats a huge improvement over DBC 14 and that the bowling now has a lot of variations too to get your plans right...There would be some shots which would be easy and the go-to shot for many, but we could always change the angle with runup, the variations, the shorter and longer pitch trigger, and the pace variations..So it might take a while but people will end up with a plan to not make the player play his shot easily and even if he does we could come up with a counter attack too..

Havent played the game yet but I feel that we could explore more in terms of the bowling depth the game has provided..I hardly see many changing the line of approach even to AI, its always change the type of delivery in the same runup...So we will be getting many more gameplay strategies once we explore those regions in bowling...
OH yeah I had a go to sweep shot in one online game, it was quickly plugged with a leg slip, I tried to power sweep over his head, but alas superman was fielding there and I got caught, so that shot was out from then on!

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa

The big problem here is the Overpowered Square Shots , hence everybody has caught onto that . I have also played against a mate that decided that he would stand outside Off for the whole 20 Overs and just hit leg side. Whatever ball I tried to bowl , he managed to connect to the same legside field he was targeting .

I commented on it before , even the spin didnt matter . Whatever type of ball I tried to bowl , all ended in the same result . Hence I agree that something needs to be done here , to avoid monotonous Online sessions.

OH yeah I had a go to sweep shot in one online game, it was quickly plugged with a leg slip, I tried to power sweep over his head, but alas superman was fielding there and I got caught, so that shot was out from then on!

Yeah , that was a nice wicket from my viewpoint .... :)

Redpollard

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland

Yes in real life a batsman can play from wherever he wants.
Moving around the crease is just awesome in dbc17.
It makes the game so much challenging for the bowler!

Redpollard

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
The big problem here is the Overpowered Square Shots , hence everybody has caught onto that . I have also played against a mate that decided that he would stand outside Off for the whole 20 Overs and just hit leg side. Whatever ball I tried to bowl , he managed to connect to the same legside field he was targeting .

I commented on it before , even the spin didnt matter . Whatever type of ball I tried to bowl , all ended in the same result . Hence I agree that something needs to be done here , to avoid monotonous Online sessions.

Yeah , that was a nice wicket from my viewpoint .... :)

You can have a game with me and you can take that stance. Let me see how you connect those shots.
Its all in the art of bowling and I do include spin as well.

francisjery

International Coach

No point arguing here Attie. Only three of us are saying here that taking stance way outside off stump or standing 5 meters down the pitch from crease line doesn't match with reality. Its in the hands of @BigAntStudios now to decide whether to do something about it or leave it as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread