Requests Accepted TekkogsSteve's creations

TekkogsSteve

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Probably my best work so far, Loughborough Lightning kit. For some reason it wont let me import text so Id be grateful if @wasteyouryouth could add the Loughborough University and KSL logos and reupload.
SHAREfactory™_20170128220711_.gif

Attachments

• SHAREfactory™_20170128220711_.gif
    SHAREfactory™_20170128220711_.gif
    536.5 KB · Views: 310

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Had to remove it to get the nodes down to importing size. I made a seperate logo of it that I'll put on the kits

What program are you using? There are certain ways you can save the SVG to optimize it and cut down the node count & file size. I can only show you for Inkscape, so if you're using Illustrator, then I can't help.

Probably my best work so far, Loughborough Lightning kit. For some reason it wont let me import text so Id be grateful if @wasteyouryouth could add the Loughborough University and KSL logos and reupload.
View attachment 181147

It won't import the text because you must convert it from a text object to a path object first, otherwise the game will not render it.

TekkogsSteve

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Scotland
What program are you using? There are certain ways you can save the SVG to optimize it and cut down the node count & file size. I can only show you for Inkscape, so if you're using Illustrator, then I can't help.

It won't import the text because you must convert it from a text object to a path object first, otherwise the game will not render it.

I'm using inkscape, is converting it to an object done by clicking path, object to path, coz I tried that and it still didn't work, or am I missing something really obvious.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
I'm using inkscape, is converting it to an object done by clicking path, object to path, coz I tried that and it still didn't work, or am I missing something really obvious.

Yeah that's how it should work. Be wary that each object is treat as a single layer when you import it. if you end up with too many points for a single layer, the game will either straight refuse to import an object, or it will do so with some shapes missing.

Text imports best if each character can be assigned it's own layer, unless it is very short words. To do this, you must select the object and choose path>break apart. This splits the text into separate characters. In doing so you will likely have things like the middle of the letter 'O' and Ps, Bs etc filled in with solid colour. To fix this, you can select the main body of each letter first, then holding shift, select the space you want deleting. With both selected choose path>division. This punches the hole back out. Now that you have each character as a separate object, you can also use path>simplify on each individual letter if needed, to reduce the node count.

I've done two versions of the Loughborough Uni logo for you if you'd like to use them. One white, and one purple (in case it would be needed). Shared as Loughborough White and Loughborough Purple.

loughboroughwhite.png
loughboroughpurple.png

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
View attachment 181147
Thankfully it would appear that Lancashire and Surrey and for the most part Yorkshire use the same kit templates as the men's sides. So i'll do Surrey with the 2017 kit when I get the logo so we have a complete team

Daksh7

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@TekkogsSteve To help you make Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals i have made uploaded a base CSK with correct stadium and Identity and Lineup. Which has 25 Players which is 2015s Roster Therew were 20 linked players and 5 were not in game which i created without faces but they have correct identity Like Birthdays Number Name Roles Nation etc just not faces
The CSK team i uploaded doesnt have Kit and Logos but my team should help you make it better and fast. I have also done that for RR too will upload it to
The CSK has sharing id 30268 under author name Daksh Gajjar
RR base is up too without kits and logos sharing id 30272

I hope you guys will get the kits and logos done soon

TekkogsSteve

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Scotland
@inertSpark thanks, that helps a lot!
@Kiko_97 ye, I'm already on the Lancashire one, will share once I do the names.
@Daksh7 thanks. they have been added to my list

Rohit Basu

Banned
After teaching myself inkscape and logo editing I'm starting to get the hang of it and these type of threads seem to be cropping up so I thought I'd make my own as a portfolio of my work. I'm kinda a jack of all trades, I'll do anything, logos, kits, players, stadiums, bats and even helmets and keeping gloves!

Finished Projects

Logos

Teams - Karnataka
Tamil Nadu
Loughborough Lightning
Great Britain

Stadiums - Aigburth (Liverpool)

Bats - BAS Vampire

Keeping gloves - MS Dohni Spartan Camouflage.

Works in Progress

Western Warriors
Eastern Knights
Caledonian Highlanders
South Africa 2007 for @Sweppy12
PSL logos and kits for @AliAnsar
Mumbai
Gujarat
Bengal for @debojit7
Newbury Krakatoa and Triumph for @disco123
Auckland club teams for @voiceofreason
KIA Super League teams
CSK and RR for @Daksh7
Can u please create a batman logo or a superman logo

pinku

Club Captain
Hi @TekkogsSteve just been looking at your uploads on the academy, they look amazing, well done mate.
If i can make a request please i understand you have enough to do already but if ever it is possible and you would also be interested, i would like you to create the 1st ipl tournament teams i think it was 2008. If you could make kits and logos that would be great. Thanks

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

inertSpark

Associate Captain
@TekkogsSteve I tried my best trying to import these CSK and RR logos but no luck. I have no idea how you guys are doing this. Really amazed. Anyway, it would be amazing if you could do it soon when you have time. Really looking forward to it.

CSK SVG: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2b/Chennai_Super_Kings_Logo.svg

RR SVG: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/60/Rajasthan_Royals_Logo.svg

Most times you can't just take an SVG logo from Wiki and use them in the game. Those logos are optimised for websites which don't really have file size limits. DBC17 has a limit of around 16.5KB, but those logos are 50+KB. They need extra work doing to them to make them work with the game. Most times they contain many layers that are un-necessary and need to be removed or simplified.

Users who are viewing this thread