Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Here's another modded jersey using direct DDS editing rather than the in game editor. I think that this certainly seems the way to go given the limitations of the in game editor with regards to detail and resolution. The first 2 images are doing a comparison in game and the final 2 screenshots are just of the newly edited jersey I have done. Please bear with me as mentioned in my earlier posts that my creations are pretty basic and that I'm hardly an expert. I'm sure that there are far more capable people than me who could create some really amazing jerseys.

fUbgkD9.jpg

Dh11yl7.jpg

9RWHgj1.jpg

zHsajdN.png
My only question is do we have enough slots to make all jerseys or is it like dbc14 where we were limited?

suddyz

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My only question is do we have enough slots to make all jerseys or is it like dbc14 where we were limited?

Given what I've seen thus far, I would say that it is just like DBC 14 where it is limited. Would love for someone to prove me wrong or show me otherwise though.

Last edited:

suddyz

Club Captain
I had a crack at this. Seeing as I learned from scratch with making SVG I thought this would be easy. Well after about 3 hours I managed to get the KKR logo in.
HiBTn2x.png

Looking good! The more people we have doing this the more resource we have to generate better mods for the game. Your work with the in-game editor is amazing. There are a few of you guys who are just phenomenal with SVG's and maximising the functionality of the in-game editor. Yourself, @Llewelynf & @inertSpark seem to be amazing at this which takes real skill rather than just finding an image, doing some re-sizing and touching up and then importing.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Looking good! The more people we have doing this the more resource we have to generate better mods for the game. Your work with the in-game editor is amazing. There are a few of you guys who are just phenomenal with SVG's and maximising the functionality of the in-game editor. Yourself, @Llewelynf & @inertSpark seem to be amazing at this which takes real skill rather than just finding an image, doing some re-sizing and touching up and then importing.
For me it's perseverance and trial and error. I think years of using Photoshop helps in at least getting to grips with the more complex stuff like SVG and DDS files. DDS seems to be easier than SVG, at least when using the game due to the file size constraints the logo had.

Got the RCB logo up.
68pF4ll.png

WLdkwJK.png

suddyz

Club Captain
For me it's perseverance and trial and error. I think years of using Photoshop helps in at least getting to grips with the more complex stuff like SVG and DDS files. DDS seems to be easier than SVG, at least when using the game due to the file size constraints the logo had.

Got the RCB logo up.
68pF4ll.png

WLdkwJK.png

That looks so sharp & clear .... :thumbs

suddyz

Club Captain
Use this if you like. It's huge.

View attachment 183809

Just updated my King's XI kit with the logo you provided and here are the results. As you can see from the picture below that my original logo (Was actually 500 x 500) isn't as clear as the 2k logo provided by you. Where my original logo looks a little blurry yours looks pretty damn clear, which would make sense as the image you provided has almost 4 times more pixels than the one I used. There are a couple of other things to note too, firstly the logo somewhat complex and doesn't naturally scale very well, so there will always be some imperfections with this. Secondly, because your image has a higher resolution aliasing becomes more apparent and you can see the jagged edges becoming more pronounced. That being said thought in reality when you zoom out the higher quality logo does look very much nicer. In reality I don't think anyone will need to zoom in as close as I did here. So for all the perfectionists out there (including me) higher resolution is always going to give you a better end product.

HjUJipo.png

Wouldubeinta

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Just need to grab all the logo names and indexes, which is taking the most time and I need to work out how to find the gender between players for the save editor.

suddyz

Club Captain
Just need to grab all the logo names and indexes, which is taking the most time and I need to work out how to find the gender between players for the save editor.

Great stuff!!! I echo @Dutch 's comments this editor would be a real game changer for the community.

ashar rizwan

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That is a great find! Where did you find the DDS files for the overlays ?
The name of dds file is somewhat commonskin.pc.dds ,you can find it on dbc 17 mods/ui/textures.

I am sure now

Last edited:

suddyz

Club Captain
So thanks to @ashar rizwan for finding this little gem of a file! Please see some of the things I've discovered that we can now mod.

Picture 1 - The tint of the inactive tiles on the UI can now be changed and my England theme now looks better.

94aDdZB.png

Picture 2 - The Overlays in game can now be modded as @ashar rizwan showed us above.

jEKWw5m.jpg

Picture 3 - This is a translation key of the commonskin.dds file that shows what I've managed to discover so far. There's still a fair bit to find I imagine.

tVCGHEk.png

Picture 4 - This has not really come out of the commonskin.dds file but I've modded the weather icons as I didn't like the original ones.

gBelIOm.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread