DBC17 Blobset Tools

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Right, I've managed to mod a jersey without using the in game editor. Did this purely by editing the DDS file. I've just put together a NZ's women's jersey (Which is a relatively simple jersey as I'm no expert at modding jerseys as I didn't even do this for DBC 14). One thing I struggled with was getting the colour correct. The Ford Logo should be blue but I can't get it to turn blue. Maybe this is an issue with the layers as I did the whole front of the jersey as one layer so was bound by one colour when changing the pattern colour in game.

My overall thoughts about modding the DDS file directly is that the logos and textures look to be at a reasonable resolution when compared to using the in game academy SVG method. Also this seemed a lot more straight forward then using the in game editor in my opinion.

hQdBLjM.png

What resolution are you running the game on? You seem to have ultra smooth edges! I'm not able to get that unless I play at almost 4K.

suddyz

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What resolution are you running the game on? You seem to have ultra smooth edges! I'm not able to get that unless I play at almost 4K.

Usually I play in 1440p (2K) as that is my monitor's native resolution but sometimes if I know I'm playing in a stadium with low crowd effects I play in 5120 x 2880 (5K) as this is four times my native resolution so I can DSR down without any blurring using the 0% smoothness setting on the NVIDIA control panel. Also I set my NVIDIA control panel settings for DBC 17 to best Graphical performance as the game isn't very taxing on my GPU. I have a GTX 1070 so I get around 140 fps @ 1440p and around 50 fps @ 5k but as mentioned above in a stadium like a village ground with low crowd effects I get easily around 60 fps so very playable. Also play on a G SYNC monitor that supports up to 165Hz in overclock mode.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
Usually I play in 1440p (2K) as that is my monitor's native resolution but sometimes if I know I'm playing in a stadium with low crowd effects I play in 5120 x 2880 (5K) as this is four times my native resolution so I can DSR down without any blurring using the 0% smoothness setting on the NVIDIA control panel. Also I set my NVIDIA control panel settings for DBC 17 to best Graphical performance as the game isn't very taxing on my GPU. I have a GTX 1070 so I get around 140 fps @ 1440p and around 50 fps @ 5k but as mentioned above in a stadium like a village ground with low crowd effects I get easily around 60 fps so very playable. Also play on a G SYNC monitor that supports up to 165Hz in overclock mode.

What the! 5K? :O Hmm...I might get a 1070 later this year but now I'm using the new MacBook Pro as a CPU while running Windows on Bootcamp. I got clean edges when I used it's native resolution on the laptop but the fps was too low so I connect it to the 1080p Monitor and play at full HD which gives me rough edges. I tried using Raedon's settings for anti-aliasing but doesn't seem to work.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
What the! 5K? :O Hmm...I might get a 1070 later this year but now I'm using the new MacBook Pro as a CPU while running Windows on Bootcamp. I got clean edges when I used it's native resolution on the laptop but the fps was too low so I connect it to the 1080p Monitor and play at full HD which gives me rough edges. I tried using Raedon's settings for anti-aliasing but doesn't seem to work.

Pixel density is the problem. Not all 1080p monitors are created equal. Whilst the number of pixels are the same, the size of those pixels varies according to screen size.

suddyz

Club Captain
Pixel density is the problem. Not all 1080p monitors are created equal. Whilst the number of pixels are the same, the size of those pixels varies according to screen size.

Yes you are spot on about pixel density. My 1440p monitor is 23" inches so I get about 124 pixels per inch.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach

Yes you are spot on about pixel density. My 1440p monitor is 23" inches so I get about 124 pixels per inch.

Hmm but my 15 inch laptop screen with native resolution of 2880-by-1800 (220 pixels oer inch) has the same problem of rough edges when I play at lower resolutions. Is that cause it's not native to it? And is there any way to avoid the rough edges while playing on my 1080p screen?

Btw, anything less than 2880-1800 plays at a good enough frame rate for me.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Hmm but my 15 inch laptop screen with native resolution of 2880-by-1800 (220 pixels oer inch) has the same problem of rough edges when I play at lower resolutions..

You say playing at lower resolutions. If it's a different resolution than your panel's native resolution, then yes. It is pixel density.

I'll just leave this here. Both images are the same physical dimension.

Pixel-Density-Comparison-of-Displays-with-Different-Resolution.gif

suddyz

Club Captain
Hmm but my 15 inch laptop screen with native resolution of 2880-by-1800 (220 pixels oer inch) has the same problem of rough edges when I play at lower resolutions. Is that cause it's not native to it? And is there any way to avoid the rough edges while playing on my 1080p screen?

Btw, anything less than 2880-1800 plays at a good enough frame rate for me.

Playing anything at non-native screws up the resolution. The issue is that it is dependant on how well your monitor / screen scales the non-native resolution. That's why when scaling up or down it is usually recommended that you do it in multiples of 4 because the number of pixels will match exactly. That's why 1080p scales very well with 4k and 720p scales very well with 1440p.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
Playing anything at non-native screws up the resolution. The issue is that it is dependant on how well your monitor / screen scales the non-native resolution. That's why when scaling up or down it is usually recommended that you do it in multiples of 4 because the number of pixels will match exactly. That's why 1080p scales very well with 4k and 720p scales very well with 1440p.

Oh thanks a lot!

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Is there a way to edit the stadium music as well?

And even put in music across formats as well...

ashar rizwan

Club Captain
Anyone knows how to change boundary ropes using DBC 17 blobset creator??

Users who are viewing this thread