Steam update for DBC17 released

gogabutt

Club Captain
It looks like the entire gameplay is being redesigned according to the wishlist of 3-4 individuals. I noticed many people including myself have provided some good constructive feedback but they never made it to the any interim releases. For instance, excessive overthrows, bye 4s, one handed catches by fielder, batsman hits the wicket but nothing happens, full sleeve shirts, too many wide and no balls, circle fielders are not quick enough to run out batsman, overcast conditions, dynamic lineup etc.

Even if you try to stress on something you really want to see in the game, the same individuals immediately interfere as if they are only ones who are entitled to request for changes.

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In career, at the moment, I found that despite selecting to bat on top order, my batting all-rounder is being selected for the number 3 slot everywhere. I want to bat at 4, May be 5 in t20s. If the fix is too difficult, at least can we be able to select specific batting order number at the beginning like dbc 14?

My other concern is, in career; I have next scheduled match, and if I proceed, I can play. Now, if I choose to proceed later and quit the Game, upon relaunching, it says I'm not in the squad and hence, I have to simulate.

Dear BA, I consider this to be general feedback rather than bug so didn't post on bug thread. Please look into this! :)

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In career, at the moment, I found that despite selecting to bat on top order, my batting all-rounder is being selected for the number 3 slot everywhere. I want to bat at 4, May be 5 in t20s. If the fix is too difficult, at least can we be able to select specific batting order number at the beginning like dbc 14?

My other concern is, in career; I have next scheduled match, and if I proceed, I can play. Now, if I choose to proceed later and quit the Game, upon relaunching, it says I'm not in the squad and hence, I have to simulate.

Dear BA, I consider this to be general feedback rather than bug so didn't post on bug thread. Please look into this! :)
Why did you select top order when you want to bat 4 or 5 then? :-/

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It looks like the entire gameplay is being redesigned according to the wishlist of 3-4 individuals. I noticed many people including myself have provided some good constructive feedback but they never made it to the any interim releases. For instance, excessive overthrows, bye 4s, one handed catches by fielder, batsman hits the wicket but nothing happens, full sleeve shirts, too many wide and no balls, circle fielders are not quick enough to run out batsman, overcast conditions, dynamic lineup etc.

Even if you try to stress on something you really want to see in the game, the same individuals immediately interfere as if they are only ones who are entitled to request for changes.
You gotta be part of the planet cricket secret club to have a voice.

Mondy

Club Captain
I don't think there's a secret boys club of beta testers who only get listened too. BA have genuinely tried to sort out the issues raised here.

However what's emerging is something people have said previously which is that changes to the code have a knock-on effect. The code clearly has its limitations and so things like overthrows for four, which I'm seeing a crapload of, may not be fixable without breaking the field settings or something else.

I'm also sure that the one hand catching, which is bloody annoying, isn't something that's easily fixed because I'm sure BA would have sorted it already. It might have something to do with the limited catching animations. And the same goes for the superhuman catches and reflexes - though the major disappointment there is that these were concerns raised with DBC 14, so it's annoying that they are present here.

As for dynamic lineups, i think BA oversold that aspect of the game because other than creating a bug where you get selected and then not selected if you quit and restart, it doesn't seem to happen.

Not a single one of these problems are deal breakers and as I've mentioned before I'm enjoying large chunks of the game. I mean the ball spiiiins!!! I love that.

But they are irritants and I suppose I'd like to see acknowledgment from BA that with all the goodwill and intent there are some aspects of the game that simply won't get fixed. Transparency is key.

DeadShot

Club Captain
There are whole lot of people who are not present in this forum and have bought this game, waiting for patch 4. They may not even know the involvement of beta testers. We got to agree beta testers have played important role in making this game better.

End of the day, BA knows what is the limitation with the current implementation and they are doing best they can do to make this game better. I don't think BA will blindly get influenced by beta testers.

We all acknowledge how complex and depth this game is. EA took so many years to make FIFA better with in-depth gameplay.

Wealey

ICC Board Member

Not sure what your talking about? Everything you have mentioned has been discussed.

Simply put, not everything can be included and gameplay has come a loooong way.

Rising Flock

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Not sure what your talking about? Everything you have mentioned has been discussed.

Simply put, not everything can be included and gameplay has come a loooong way.

@WealeyH @blockerdave @MattW
Indeed, it has come a long way and kudos to BA and the beta testers for that. Amazing teamwork there really! :clap
Just one query: since the stats for batsman/bowler still don't show up when they come to bat/bowl during exhibition matches/tournaments, should we assume that it's going to stay this way?

Xboxer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United Arab Emirates
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

People love conspiracy theories, don't they?
Keep up the feedback, the game has seen a lot of patches already, what makes us think it has also come from only 3-4 individuals.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
@WealeyH @blockerdave @MattW
Indeed, it has come a long way and kudos to BA and the beta testers for that. Amazing teamwork there really! :clap
Just one query: since the in-game stats for batsman/bowler still don't show up when they come to bat/bowl during exhibition matches/tournaments, should we assume that it's going to stay this way?

Just to clarify, what do you mean by this...

For example in my Test at the moment if I make a bowling change, it will come up with their stats at the beginning of the over.

grkrama

National Board President

these are well known issues to BA, if it was only a list that was needed to fix the game, BA would hardly need us. you wouldnt believe the amount of time overcast skies was discussed.

You have to accept at the end of the day this is a game and it is going to have certain technical limitations and certain issues cant be fixed in this iteration and move on to what other stuff that can be improved.

If BA is influenced by anything it would be to cater to the whole community as much as possible listening and curating daily to the needs, it is this which makes it hard for them to find the balance.

If they were catering to one particular group people the game would have been done long ago.

Rising Flock

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just to clarify, what do you mean by this...

For example in my Test at the moment if I make a bowling change, it will come up with their stats at the beginning of the over.

Thanks for the prompt reply, @WealeyH! I have been playing an ODI tournament for some days now; have played 10 matches in the tournament thus far and stats have never appeared for me. Any suggestions perhaps?

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I think the fact this topic is > 145 pages suggests it was contributed to by more than just 3 or 4 people. I think you are getting confused with 3 or 4 admin trying to keep the discussion on topic rather than every second post being about dynamic lineups, sunglasses, or correct batting averages. These few things have been discussed ad infinium and hence the discussion was shut down by moderators. Not because 3 or 4 people didn't want these things in the game.

The harsh reality is more likely that what is not in the console version after this patch, will never make it in. The PC version may get a few unofficial mods to help it on it's way, but I guess the devs will have to draw a line in the sand at some point and begin work on DBC 19 or whatever happens to come along next. It's my understanding that the next iteration should be less of a ground up project, and more of a build on what we have project hopefully...

Users who are viewing this thread