Steam update for DBC17 released

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Great! Im really not a fan of the t20 competions, first class is the best imo[DOUBLEPOST=1495050208][/DOUBLEPOST]By the way @WealeyH, how did riaz manage to get motm?? Would have thought a pair of hundreds os

Possibly due to fact that I was 200/5 and set with a 100 partnership. He then went bang bang bang and killed me when nothing was happening.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
AI standing up ok here at lunch...

IqHF6EY.jpg

The one wicket to fall was Laird bounced out by Garner.

A few chances went begging: A backfoot fend by Chappell off a back of a length ball from Garner dropped by Lloyd at leg gully (gutted); and Kepler put down behind the stumps and at slip.

1 bat pad smash chance but it was already 80-odd for 1 so I didn't have anyone in there.

D

Dutch

Nigeria doing well here too...with five sessions to go not sure whether we will see a winner here: will there be a collapse?

20170517223431_1.jpg

20170517223729_1.jpg

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

IqHF6EY.jpg

A few chances went begging: A backfoot fend by Chappell off a back of a length ball from Garner dropped by Lloyd at leg gully (gutted); and Kepler put down behind the stumps and at slip.

1 bat pad smash chance but it was already 80-odd for 1 so I didn't have anyone in there.

Sorry but if that is the Windies team of the early 80's that scorecard is completely unrealistic as they would be all out for <100 :p

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Meanwhile just outside sunny Copenhagen.......

I'll take your bowled and raise you

Pakistan under par in the T20

IMG_8120.JPG

Pitch was dusty again though.

Also 5 dismissals caught right on the boundary. I'm tempted to tweak batsmen strength in the academy and see if it changes anything

Overal approach by AI was far better though!!

Wealey

ICC Board Member

IqHF6EY.jpg

How can the AI be doing so well? Extensive testing has already show they don't get over 150!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Sorry but if that is the Windies team of the early 80's that scorecard is completely unrealistic as they would be all out for <100 :p

WSC Windies so late 70s... no Marshall, that must be it. That and my catching.[DOUBLEPOST=1495057145][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's 80s West Indies, he surely doesn't even have a spinner. :p

Joel Garner was the spinner...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
A very interesting afternoon session.

Several edges dropping short or going into space. Put down another backward defensive fend to leg gully off a bouncer (this is my everest - I so want that dismissal!)

Put on a bumper barrage trying to get another similar chance... AI played it really well, leaving some, defending some, hooking / pulling some, cutting if I got my line wrong.

Finally got Wessels for 77 skying a pull to Roberts bouncer off the top edge... and when I say skying I mean skying: the batsmen ran 2 before it was caught!! Another Garner bouncer also accounted for Greg Chappell when he mistimed a pull.

Davis tried to drive a rare full ball and only found cover (a reaction catch I actually managed to take!).

nrC8CYv.jpg

This all on Legend, Medium, Grassy Uneven Wearing No Cracks.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Great to see these scorecards coming. Intriguing matches.

Nice to see the old Windies side there...always enjoyed watching them at the time. Particularly liked watching Garner bat. He just seemed to be built to a different scale to everything and everyone around him...you knew he wasn't going to be in long but he could power the ball to (and over) the boundary when he connected. Happy days.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Has anyone noticed that bat pads occur on a particular type of pitch more than others? I can't remember exactly but I think I'm on a pristine and hard pitch and they are occuring a lot more. I've not had close fielders in to take advantage but they seem to be in greater number than when on a dry, worn pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread