Sri Lanka tour of India - November/December 2017

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Good to see them picking our best bowlers for this one, better late than never and a very fine innings by Pujara. At least the batting collapse got people interested in the series. Should be an interesting match, I expect Lanka to not go past 200 for this one.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
My my! Did anyone see Ashwin's athleticism on the field? He's already conceded 7 runs! :lol[DOUBLEPOST=1510987896][/DOUBLEPOST]Bhuvi really needs to sort his line out.

Edit- Make that 11 runs from Ashwin! :D:lol:lol

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
India should bowl a few bouncers to this new opener. He looks like an accomplished bat.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
My My!! Kohli's BAE just dropped such a tough catch! :clap

Obviously Rahane shouldn't be at slip. Loved the smile after the drop. Would have loved a whack on the thigh!

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Someone needs to ask VK why SL are scoring @ 4+ RPO when he's had such defensive fields right through?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sri Lanka with their noses ahead here. An extremely challenging two days of batting conditions has helped Sri Lanka stay in front here in this test match and even put them in a position where they can try to push for a win. But the thing is, seeing their batting, looks like the conditions have improved and when India come out to bat 2nd time, you should expect a fare more commanding performance from them. India actually can bat well enough to even force a win here (because of the teams involved; Sri Lanka is still extremely vulnerable).

I think no matter where we play, Virat Kohli is our 'backbone.' We won't win abroad unless he fires. I agree that the other 3 are more likely to do the job when it's decking around first up.

On Saha, he's got all his runs at home or conditions likewise. I don't think he has the technique to handle it abroad.

As for Ashwin over Jadeja? Ashwin might be the better batsman, but I want a spinner who can bottle an end up. Jadeja can do that in adverse conditions, Ashwin can talk about it. IMO, Jadeja is the better bowler overseas based on what we have seen so far in their careers.

Nobody else has better technique than Saha to handle it abroad. And I am surprised that you think Saha doesn't have the technique. He has the best technique among wicketkeepers in the country right now. If you look at the rest, all of them are flashy and flamboyant batters who haven't shown glimpses of solid test cricket technique. Dinesh Karthik is second in line after Saha but he is far away from Saha when it comes to 'showing glimpses of solid technique'. Saha has patience, Saha leaves well (which is crucial to survival in test cricket).

Jadeja and Ashwin to me have performed very similarly overseas. However Ashwin's test batting easily will grab the spot for him. Jadeja's USP is his lightning fielding and his flashy batting (when on his day) but I would not punt for such a day to come often in overseas conditions. Ashwin is a solid test bat and has had good scores with the bat in Australia. And he did show improving signs with his bowling in his last few overseas tours (very gradual improvement, though).

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Sri Lanka with their noses ahead here. An extremely challenging two days of batting conditions has helped Sri Lanka stay in front here in this test match and even put them in a position where they can try to push for a win. But the thing is, seeing their batting, looks like the conditions have improved and when India come out to bat 2nd time, you should expect a fare more commanding performance from them. India actually can bat well enough to even force a win here (because of the teams involved; Sri Lanka is still extremely vulnerable).

Nobody else has better technique than Saha to handle it abroad. And I am surprised that you think Saha doesn't have the technique. He has the best technique among wicketkeepers in the country right now. If you look at the rest, all of them are flashy and flamboyant batters who haven't shown glimpses of solid test cricket technique. Dinesh Karthik is second in line after Saha but he is far away from Saha when it comes to 'showing glimpses of solid technique'. Saha has patience, Saha leaves well (which is crucial to survival in test cricket).

Jadeja and Ashwin to me have performed very similarly overseas. However Ashwin's test batting easily will grab the spot for him. Jadeja's USP is his lightning fielding and his flashy batting (when on his day) but I would not punt for such a day to come often in overseas conditions. Ashwin is a solid test bat and has had good scores with the bat in Australia. And he did show improving signs with his bowling in his last few overseas tours (very gradual improvement, though).
What happened to Naman Ojha? He was in he team in the 2015 Sri Lanka series, but was not chosen afterwards.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

Dinesh Karthik opened the batting in England and we won that series. He's by far the best keeper batsman in the country. Saha has a better temperament though. Karthik is like a cat on a hot tin roof on a cricket field. I still haven't seen Saha perform in overseas conditions. Let's see what he can do. I feel he's a complete front foot player with 0 back foot game and he will get found out against Australia, England, NZ and SA. Karthik's only enemy is Karthik himself.

As for Jadeja and Ashwin? LOL. Ashwin's solid 'scores' have not led to anything. Jadeja's Lord's innings was a match winning one. He's the sort of cricketer who wins you games. I don't remember one test match India has won overseas where Ashwin has done something useful apart from talk.

I just wanted to pick you over the flamboyance, solidarity thing. Alastair Cook is a fabulous batter, but he's no Pieterson. I know who I am picking each day of the week. Flamboyance is not a bad thing ala Sehwag, irresponsibility is ala Dhawan.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Though I don't expect India to capitulate like they did in the 1st innings, a 100+ runs deficit does put you under pressure. And with 4 sessions to go, I wouldn't rule out all 3 possible outcomes as things stand.

B

Bigby Wolf

The lead is now 118 and Herath's inning of 67 could well be difference between the two sides here. This is Sri Lanka's game to loose now the pitch still has enough juice in it to extract some purchase for the seam bowlers.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Look at Dhawan go. Wicket has eased out, Lanka's best bowler is injured and he's going to make a hundred. :rolleyes

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Why did he waste a review? That is just unbelievable. Can't for the life of me understand that.

Will these two clowns Gavaskar and Manjerekar be in the com box in SA?

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Why did he waste a review? That is just unbelievable. Can't for the life of me understand that.
I didn't see that, but read the commentary in cricbuzz and it seems edge was very faint and even bowler didn't appeal. So, can't blame it on him. It happens sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread