Bowling tips

hillaire

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Has anyone got any fast bowling tips, I can bowl quite nicely with everything perfect but I don't seem to be able to reliably take wickets. I was wondering how much the skills play into being able to take wickets I have prioritised accuracy and pace with a some swing. I use swing when the ball is new and then I go to my straight stock delivery with the occassional fast shock bouncer. Anyone know the skills to prioritise as a fast bowler and any good tactics?

Xboxer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United Arab Emirates
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Variation in bowling /bowlers is a key. Alter the length and line to get best results on cutters and swings. Change sides to get better angles.

Mix in some slower deliveries, cutters and cross seam delivered. Cross seam bouncers worked most of the times for me in DBC17. Yet to get a wicket off it in AC17.

Add to it, a good field plan against each batsman knowing his / her strengths and weaknesses.

Pull the Keeper closer to stumps for some pace bowlers, this probably increases chances of nicks.

Some pace bowlers do well in their 2nd spell or with an old ball.

Use the variation ball as the 3rd or 4th ball of an over rather than as the first ball to a batsman in an over. If there was a mistimed shot in previous delivery, you have better chance of getting wicket of the next one. If you're not getting wickets, don't panic. Just try to break the rhythm of the batsman or get him beaten on some deliveries.

What puzzles AI/Online players the most is when you alter the length at the last micro second before releasing the ball.

hillaire

School Cricketer
Interesting, @Xboxer thanks for replying.

I'm playing as a all-rounder in the career mode so I was wondering what skills give the biggest return in wickets, I've prioritised accuracy but I'm not sure its really doing much.

I must admit I never do enough homework on the batters, I tend to take whatever field the captain gives me and concentrate on top of off so that's definitely something I could look at.

I do move up the keeper and the slips because it often doesn't carry and I've never seen them drop any.

My variation tends to be the bouncer because I see myself as a hostile fast bowler, but sounds like you are saying the cutters and slower balls are better. Is that just in limited overs or the longer form too?

suhas81

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Yes and no...

I believe there is no disadvantage to not using it, but if you do use it you have to position the seam correctly.
Thank you @blockerdave .
But how to identify the correct seam angle.

bl8000

Club Captain
I figured out that you can pick which side the shiny side is, if you put seam position on top, the shiny side is to the left, seam bottom, shiny side right --- wonder if it has any impact...

Oh wow ok.

So seam, vertical stick at 12pm = shiny | rough

Seam vertical, stick at 6pm = rough | shiny

Seam / stick towards 1pm2pm = shiny / rough

Seam / stick towards 7pm8pm = rough / shiny

Can we really swing bowl now?

karanmadan

Club Cricketer
I started a World Championship tournament as India. My first game was against England. I sent them reeling at 6/91 in 15 overs, then 7/180 in about 33 overs. they are currently on 7/225 after 43 overs. Ben Stokes really came to their rescue with an unbeaten 104 so far and plunkett unbeated on about 30 odd runs. It almost seemed like the top order were batting like tail enders with a few unnecessary slog shots and missed edges. I managed to get some great looking edge dismissals through to Dhoni, bowling with Chahal. pacers for me as long as I bowl good length with a bit of swing I'm able to keep things under control.

Xboxer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United Arab Emirates
Interesting, @Xboxer thanks for replying.

I'm playing as a all-rounder in the career mode so I was wondering what skills give the biggest return in wickets, I've prioritised accuracy but I'm not sure its really doing much.

I must admit I never do enough homework on the batters, I tend to take whatever field the captain gives me and concentrate on top of off so that's definitely something I could look at.

I do move up the keeper and the slips because it often doesn't carry and I've never seen them drop any.

My variation tends to be the bouncer because I see myself as a hostile fast bowler, but sounds like you are saying the cutters and slower balls are better. Is that just in limited overs or the longer form too?
Not yet started Bowling in Career mode. Picking wickets in DBC 17 Career was difficult as well.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Would be really nice to hear from an BA how the seam position works in the game. Do we do any differently when the ball is old and reversing?

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Select straight with LS, keep LS forward to unlock seam position, move LS at 11 o'clock for seaming away delivery or at 1 o'clock for seaming in delivery. You can check in replay by zooming after ball release, for 11 o'clock the seam will be facing 2nd slip while 1 o'clock will be facing leg slip. I get plenty edges and fool AI with this.
Also keep shifting wide and close to stumps at start of run-up to keep AI on toes

Users who are viewing this thread