Bowling tips

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I figured out that you can pick which side the shiny side is, if you put seam position on top, the shiny side is to the left, seam bottom, shiny side right --- wonder if it has any impact...
Is it really that way ?

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Select straight with LS, keep LS forward to unlock seam position, move LS at 11 o'clock for seaming away delivery or at 1 o'clock for seaming in delivery. You can check in replay by zooming after ball release, for 11 o'clock the seam will be facing 2nd slip while 1 o'clock will be facing leg slip. I get plenty edges and fool AI with this.
These are for standard deliveries. Right ?

The leg cutter and off cutter does it’s work different taking the ball away or bring back in respectively.

balkeet

International Coach
Yes straight standard delivery with LS kept forward will unlock seam.(classic bowling controls)

Pat

International Coach
Would be really nice to hear from an BA how the seam position works in the game. Do we do any differently when the ball is old and reversing?

Yes. Especially since there is no mention of this in the in-game tutorials nor there is any manual which explains it!

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I viewed slo mo replays to confirm which way the shiny side is
Did you see any difference in reverse swing by changing seam position?

As in, did selecting inswing give different results if you keep the shiny side inside vs outside?

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
to be honest no I did not notice ;) but it is psychologically satisfying ;) whahah
I tried different seam positions and for a bit believed that once the ball got old inswing + seam towards 1st slip gave bigger reverse insiwngers but then couldn't repeat that enough times to be certain that its not a placebo effect.

A word from BA would really help here. Surprised we even have to ask for it, should have been part of those loading screen tips at least.

Xboxer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United Arab Emirates
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
to be honest no I did not notice ;) but it is psychologically satisfying ;) whahah
My Wild guess : Cosmetic Only

For all we know, they could come up with a slider for this as well.
The default setting might have been lower. They can increase that or introduce a modifier.

Last edited:

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
For all we know, they could come up with a slider for this as well.
The default setting might have been lower. They can increase that or put introduce a modifier.
And we would still not know how does it effect the game.. lol

D

Dutch

I think the seam position thing was a late addition before release, its probably going to get tweaked and maybe have more effect (I can only hope)
This is very true. Its a foundation to work on further. I think it came too soon to release to be fully effective and they were very hesitant to tweak and add features as they were having detrimental effects on gameplay elements.

Xboxer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United Arab Emirates
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
And we would still not know how does it effect the game.. lol

Patience, my friend. It is good to have something to wait for, something to get, in the days to come.
And one fine day, you wake up to a pleasant surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread