NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Full of microtransactions? At 2:18 you can see two in-game currencies, no doubt at least one is bought with real money. Most mobile games completely lack substance and just funnel people towards the microtransactions, either by making the game progress at a snails pace or just lock you out from playing until you have enough "lives" which regenerate over time (unless you pay).

The short snippet of the menu showing these currencies suggests this will be more of the same.
Have you played the other versions?

D

Deleted member 9102

Have you played the other versions?
Just downloaded and had a look at the last version... Yup, filled with microtransactions as I expected.

You can buy; coins, tickets, power ups, bats, balls, shoes and to remove ads.

There are tons of pay-to-win elements and you need to spend in-game currency to even play a match.

The only bat which never "breaks" costs £95.99 (seriously), the only ball that you can keep costs £19.49... Many more examples of this sort of thing.

Typical mobile game.

Edit - The multiplayer mode also has that system where you can only play 3 matches and then you have to wait 30 minutes to play again. All the toxic mobile game mechanics, wonderful...

Last edited by a moderator:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Just downloaded and had a look at the last version... Yup, filled with microtransactions as I expected.

You can buy; coins, tickets, power ups, bats, balls, shoes and to remove ads.

There are tons of pay-to-win elements and you need to spend in-game currency to even play a match.

The only bat which never "breaks" costs £95.99 (seriously), the only ball that you can keep costs £19.49... Many more examples of this sort of thing.

Typical mobile game.
All mobile games have taken microtransactions route. Whether you like it or not companies need to stay in business. Worlds top games such as Clash Royale and Clash of Clans too have that. I have followed and played Real Cricket since its first version and they dont force you to buy it. Microtransactions are in place if you want to but that does not mean that you cannot play freely.

For example a test match would cost 500 coins to play which you can earn every day through free gifts they give or watch a video. When you do that you actually do not pay a single buck. I have not spent one single dollar on this game whereas I have spent $100 or more on Clash Royale and Clash of Clans. So thanks but no thanks about the rant. Its on an individual to pay or not if you do not you can surely go without paying a single buck. I have done it.

D

Deleted member 9102

All mobile games have taken microtransactions route. Whether you like it or not companies need to stay in business. Worlds top games such as Clash Royale and Clash of Clans too have that. I have followed and played Real Cricket since its first version and they dont force you to buy it. Microtransactions are in place if you want to but that does not mean that you cannot play freely.

For example a test match would cost 500 coins to play which you can earn every day through free gifts they give or watch a video. When you do that you actually do not pay a single buck. I have not spent one single dollar on this game whereas I have spent $100 or more on Clash Royale and Clash of Clans. So thanks but no thanks about the rant. Its on an individual to pay or not if you do not you can surely go without paying a single buck. I have done it.
I hate that microtransaction model, just let me buy a proper full game even if it costs £20+.

As it is, if I want to play these types of games I'll just get a modded APK... But with unlimited in-game currency and the top items unlocked, such games tend to become trivially easy because they're completely pay-to-win.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
I hate that microtransaction model, just let me buy a proper full game even if it costs £20+.

As it is, if I want to play these types of games I'll just get a modded APK... But with unlimited in-game currency and the top items unlocked, such games tend to become trivially easy because they're completely pay-to-win.
Well then you have your way of playing with a modded APK which I count as piracy. A game like International Cricket Captain is sold for $8 - $20 ever year with just a squad update. I would prefer paying a little microtransaction for such small changes then paying same amount every year for nothing but squad update. Give me substantial changes like this or (you wont like it) Ashes where along with few fixes we got player scanned images and I will buy it every year. Give me just a squad update and I wont. Being a developer myself I will never play a pirated version or as you said modded version of any game. Also this is the reason I like apple products because jail breaking your phone will void your warranty and without it you cannot play "modded" apps.

D

Deleted member 9102

The term "microtransaction" is not even the correct term, "micro" implies small. That bat I mentioned for £95.99 could buy you 5-10 highly rated, top class PC games from the Steam store... Or one pay-to-win bat in a mobile cricket game. Ridiculous. You could potentially spend £100s or even into the £1000s if you have an addictive personality disorder or just have a stupid amount of money to burn. Mobile games are manufactured to psychologically exploit people into parting way more money than the game should be worth.

You can regard it as piracy to unlock currency/items with mods if you like, but my conscience is clear. I would have never, ever, under any circumstance have paid £95.99 for that bat so it's not a lost sale in any form. I still have the adverts so I guess the devs still make a bit of money from modded apps.

Dean johnes

Club Captain

This looks fantastic. World Cricket Championship definitely has serious competition now. I have always been happy to see Nautilus as a company grow. Great work Anuj and team.
Big Ant should Learn few things from this vedio.
Looks excellent[DOUBLEPOST=1518562695][/DOUBLEPOST]

This looks fantastic. World Cricket Championship definitely has serious competition now. I have always been happy to see Nautilus as a company grow. Great work Anuj and team.
Hope big ant gets a competition from ea sports .

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
The term "microtransaction" is not even the correct term, "micro" implies small. That bat I mentioned for £95.99 could buy you 5-10 highly rated, top class PC games from the Steam store... Or one pay-to-win bat in a mobile cricket game. Ridiculous. You could potentially spend £100s or even into the £1000s if you have an addictive personality disorder or just have a stupid amount of money to burn. Mobile games are manufactured to psychologically exploit people into parting way more money than the game should be worth.

You can regard it as piracy to unlock currency/items with mods if you like, but my conscience is clear. I would have never, ever, under any circumstance have paid £95.99 for that bat so it's not a lost sale in any form. I still have the adverts so I guess the devs still make a bit of money from modded apps.
And I completely agree. $95 is too much for a mobile game but I have also seen players leaving this game apart spend thousands of dollar. So not paying 95-100 bucks a mobile game I completely agree but not having microtransaction is what I do no. I think @Chief can give his opinion.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Big Ant should Learn few things from this vedio.
Looks excellent[DOUBLEPOST=1518562695][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hope big ant gets a competition from ea sports .
No Big Ant has nothing to learn from Real Cricket because

A - Big Ant is a well established company in front of Nautilus who are still growing.
B - Its a mobile/tablet game and in no ways I am trying to downplay efforts that would be required to build a mobile game as Real Cricket 18 but I do not like the comparison of mobile games vs console/PC games.

Dean johnes

Club Captain
No Big Ant has nothing to learn from Real Cricket because

A - Big Ant is a well established company in front of Nautilus who are still growing.
B - Its a mobile/tablet game and in no ways I am trying to downplay efforts that would be required to build a mobile game as Real Cricket 18 but I do not like the comparison of mobile games vs console/PC games.
Ashes vs real cricket looks better being a mobile game.

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
High quality features - a REAL .

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Ashes vs real cricket looks better being a mobile game.
No one would tell you this but stop the nonsense. I mean there is one thing where you constructively pin point some wrong doing but it has become a BA Bashing trend always with you. You have the right for your opinion and I respect that but ranting over and over in all the threads how BA shit comparing to all other things is just tad over the bit. And there can be no comparison between a mobile game and a console/pc game. Also how do you even know whether this game is good? I mean it will be good I am sure but just by judging the trailer you say it looks better? This is where you lost me buddy!

Dean johnes

Club Captain
I
No one would tell you this but stop the nonsense. I mean there is one thing where you constructively pin point some wrong doing but it has become a BA Bashing trend always with you. You have the right for your opinion and I respect that but ranting over and over in all the threads how BA shit comparing to all other things is just tad over the bit. And there can be no comparison between a mobile game and a console/pc game. Also how do you even know whether this game is good? I mean it will be good I am sure but just by judging the trailer you say it looks better? This is where you lost me buddy!
I am not comparing a mobile game with a console game not interested in the gameplay of the mobile game.
I really feel pitty that being a mobile game the presentation and the shot animation was fun to watch.
I think we deserve at least some good things a mobile game trailor had after buying 3 series of games from big ant dbc 14 to ashes 18

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Then how else would a mobile game creators earn...People wouldnt buy the game per se...I personally would want to try out the game than buying it to try out..So for better gameplay experience making one pay few extra bucks is always fine...Its not like extra features are locked and you HAVE to pay to play..

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Then how else would a mobile game creators earn...People wouldnt buy the game per se...I personally would want to try out the game than buying it to try out..So for better gameplay experience making one pay few extra bucks is always fine...Its not like extra features are locked and you HAVE to pay to play..
This is exactly my opinion. For any mobile game I would like to try and see if it fits my needs of entertainment. If it does I am willing to pay a few bucks to go ad free and appreciate the developers. Although not like $99 they have in app these days. Until and unless I am a hardcore youtuber with a million subscribers and earning few thousands every month from ads I will not pay anything greater then $10 for a mobile game. I have made my mistakes in past of spending a lot but I was not mature enough to understand the value of money and I have no shame in admitting it. Not only Real Cricket, even WCC2 that is looking awesome has micro-transactions. Even they charge some coins to play a match which you can easily earn by watching a video or daily gifts.

Users who are viewing this thread