Ashes Cricket General Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Fatigue is something that would be cool if it could be improved upon. Currently it seems quicks just lose a bit too much pace and carry but that's about it. I'd prefer if they lost accuracy as well.
I do think they lose it a little, or at least they seem more prone to no balls and wides if tired.

I found that pace bowlers need about 80+ in stamina in order to get a spell of say 6 overs. Although too much and they seem to be able to bowl 10 over spells. Fast bowlers lose it quicker too. I think it's a symptom of most the attributes appearing to be done using the overall (pressing +10 from a start of 0) so they end up about the same. Unfortunately the physical stuff, like strength, speed, agility are sufficient down in 40-60 range.

andrew36

School Cricketer
What has been improved in batting and has shot selection improved too
Can you now pick which fielders field where
Can beta team give us feedback about this
There doing a good job and I'm excited about the patch

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
What do you mean by improved shot selection?

Is shot selection not ultimately determined by your controller input?

andrew36

School Cricketer
I mean do shot go where they should like square cut through point/gully
Late cut through third man
Also unorthodox shots should be more about timing

Mondy

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Any chance of a nudge shot. I know there’s the precise shot modifier but that just seems to tamper down the force of a normal shot. And the block just falls straight to the carpet. I was going for something in between.

HonkaWonka

Banned
Wonder if we will get a patch before the India tour of Australia starts in November this year.
Lucky they named the game Ashes Cricket and not Ashes Cricket 2018. Means they can fix it by the 2019 Ashes and still get away with it.
I mean it's not like we are their long time loyal customers is it ?
That must be their Tennis fans who get regular patches right ?
I always thought it was Don Bradman Cricket 14 and Don Bradman Cricket 17 but must of been mistaken. Must of been AO Tennis 14 and AO Tennis 17.

HonkaWonka

Banned
Plus doesn't look like any fix on the limited overs issues in all this time. AI probably still bat with no care on the game situation. Fields ...... don't get me started.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yeah i would like to see them have more variation and threat to what they do......that batsmen are a little more circumspect to them....

I fully agree with you on the Spinners.

Their Glory Days of 14 and 17 seems to be over , they have been made pretty impotent in Ashes.

Not sure why , but its a bit of a frustration for me.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Its mainly because of the huge assitance of footwork in Ashes , In DBC14 , 17 if you misread the turn then you are sure get bowled , LBW but not in Ashes.

I hope we can customize the sliders to make it happen again.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So a little vid of me batting: happy to say that batting feels quite easy just like Ai found it....not much movement, true bounce, ball comes off the bat hard, still need to be very wary though! I normally don't play with the ball marker but just to show the timing more clearly......you can see the new timing window....I can play the shot as or after the ball pitches and still be okay........also checking your guard is really nice and handy! See also the pretty challenging AI bowling line and length....Taken in minimum graphic quality in game on my rather old laptop!

Yeah managed to rest them a bit and have them do 7 or 8 over bursts which was fine.....they could have had a little less stamina at the end I suppose......but I struggle to find a decent field and sometimes just forget to set a field :p Perhaps more focus would bring more maidens!
Fine Dutch looks promising. And how can we check our glance and feet while batting and can we see the ball condition while batting .If it's added then very nice addition to game.

Users who are viewing this thread