Bowling tips

shery_rsa

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
well this how i play.First of all be patient,try bowling 5 standard deliveries per over then bowl an in or outswinger or bouncer a the end of the over.think about how you want to set your field and then bowl according to the field setting.Dont feel the need to use the same bowlers just because they are higher rated than another.bowl each bowler in 4-5 over spells,keep rotating.
You talking about test or limited overs match?

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
This might be a bit of a spoiler....or could be just a total coincidence.......please read on at your personal discretion.

I've noticed that on the past 3 times that i've been bowling and exited and saved the game and switched console off...the next time that I switch console on and load the current match, my bowler takes a wicket first delivery.....all caught.

rasdan

Club Captain
currently playing 5th test ashes eng v aus.series is 2-2 and aussies need 405 to win it.they are 218 without loss and is very hard going in the field.first two tests i won convincingly and was taking wickets frequently but is more more challenging now.have found the edge a few times but they have been lucky so far or maybe its my field settings.yes im struggling but its a fascinating contest

shery_rsa

Club Captain
currently playing 5th test ashes eng v aus.series is 2-2 and aussies need 405 to win it.they are 218 without loss and is very hard going in the field.first two tests i won convincingly and was taking wickets frequently but is more more challenging now.have found the edge a few times but they have been lucky so far or maybe its my field settings.yes im struggling but its a fascinating contest
Which difficulty you playing?

Liam hughes

Club Cricketer
I can’t be bothered reading this whole thread, but I’ve been playing a career mode as a fast bowler and I regularly get 2, 3, 4 and sometimes more wickets a game in 4 day games.

My general plan is have I think it’s the first preset field in the menu, but basically 3 slips with a gully, point and cover, mid on, mid off, square leg and and like a fine leg just in from the boundary. If the ball is swinging as a right armer bowling at off stump and taking it away trying to have the batsman hit into mid wicket and I’ll sometimes get an edge or a bowled. Trying to keep the length at the top of off stump or fuller with the odd back of a length. If the ball isn’t swinging much I move closer into the stumps and still bowl straight taking it away from the batsman with the same idea trying to get bowled or edges. I also use the broadcast camera as with the cameras that follow the bowler making you think you’re bowling a different line to what you are. I do the same thing to left handers around the wicket taking it away from close or starting really wide bringing it in to the stumps.
Works for me anyway

rasdan

Club Captain
what level are you playing on.This info makes all the difference.

i was thinking the same thing,playing on veteran im finding it crucial to have a good field setup and bowling accordingly.currently playing tour match india v pakistan on a grassy,soft pitch.pakistan(cpu)chose to bat and were 130 odd for no loss but i persevered and currently have them around 245 for 5.Im also seeing the batsmen have problems with short balls(bouncers) bowling a good line,lots of playing and missing and edges plus the batsmen getting hit on the body.Cant remember who said it on here but credit to him/her,bowling a good length on soft pitches and full on hard pitches really is the way forward imo

rasdan

Club Captain
ive just tried finding a post where it was said that using a short,cross-seam delivery is more effective than a bouncer but cant find it anywhere.anyway that is a great little tip as batsmen quite often struggle to play.im sure it works bbetter on a hard surface but im playing on a soft pitch ind v pak and its still effective

shery_rsa

Club Captain
After so many frustrating days i finally found how to bowl in ODI :
1.Be simple dont try so many variations just bowl standard deliveries as much if you getting help from pitch.
2.Always aim stumps , dont bowl too outside or too much on leg side try to hit 1st stump to right hander.
3.Field placement its important if you place your field according to line and length batsman will not thrash you.
4.Always remember if AI didn't score on first 4 deliveries they will try to thrash last two deliveries and don't miss that chance.
5.Spinners are crucial in this game if you know how to bowl spin you will control AI.
6.Bouncer are very effective always bring chance to get wickets but again field placement for bouncer is necessary.
7.Remember after 30 overs ball start to reverse so watch big eyes it will help you to adjust your line and length.

Users who are viewing this thread