Australia vs Pakistan | Test & T20I UAE Tour

DrewBi

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Australia lose a review. But things starting to happen with the ball. It's really starting to reverse and it looks as though something could happen any ball.[DOUBLEPOST=1538913451][/DOUBLEPOST]Almost a catch at short leg. Very close to the glove.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
Two piddling wickets from 72 overs. This will be a bat fest until the dust bowl arrives. Then it could be like batting on a mine field for our blokes.

DrewBi

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Two piddling wickets from 72 overs. This will be a bat fest until the dust bowl arrives. Then it could be like batting on a mine field for our blokes.
There have been signs of new ball swing and reverse swing. A bit of spin. If we hit our lengths, stay disciplined and keep up some good energy in the field then I think we can dismiss them for not too many more and maybe get a bit of a bat in before the 'dust bowl' arrives.[DOUBLEPOST=1538915240][/DOUBLEPOST]We could even try really hard and get something tonight.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Your countryman also agrees that the visiting team to the sub continent should have the option of bowling or batting first. This would take out of the equasion to an extent the need to prepare a pitch to suit the host. Thus a leveler playing field.
What? Did you read by Post correctly?
Yea that is what I think too. Everywhere in the world, the visiting team should have the privilege to bat or bowl first.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

There is an indication for swing and a little reverse. The ball is starting to turn. The Aussies are still more than in this game.

The last 10 overs have only yielded 4 runs.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
We need something, just something.
Might as well just cemented the middle of the ground and called it a pitch. What the hell is this?
Remember the Ashes series where Smith and co scored loads of runs of on roads? I didn't hear you complaining about that then.

Australia seem to be building some pressure here. They're giving very few runs after getting those two wickets. This might accumulate into at least one or two more wickets hopefully, to keep this Test match in balance.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
I like the idea of letting the visiting pick what they want to do. It might allow for teams to do well overseas and not just the home team to dominate. It might even be a challenge for the home team let's say, for instance them batting last where it's very difficult (such as India batting a 4th innings in India). Even though its annoying seeing the Aussie fans are crying over their team not in a great position, it's still a good idea for the sake of equalizing matches.

But still a consistent pattern might be seen when choosing to bat or bowl. If it's the subcontinent, then every team will bat no matter what.[DOUBLEPOST=1538917085][/DOUBLEPOST]Azhar Ali gone now. Huge wicket for Australia.

Bhumi

Club Captain
It's reverse after tea.i think Wahab Riaz enjoy last session tomorrow.With Azhar gone 80 ball 18, others will surrender tomorrow 350-366 maximum.

What a good stand of 204 by 37 year all rounder hadeez with young gun- Imam !![DOUBLEPOST=1538924062][/DOUBLEPOST]Aus has to bats last vs Bilal and Hafeez I already pray for Labuschagne and Head

Yasir how good now?

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Its a shocker. You mean the pitch?
This game will be a spin fest. Our quicks may get some reverse.

No, I mean the selection of Bilal Asif instead Hasan Ali.

Last edited:

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
No, I mean the selection of Bilal Asif instead Hasan Ali.
Shadab was injured so Bilal was the only 2nd spinner. Although he's not a genuine spinner like Yasur Shah. I don't know how team would've gone about with 3 genuine pacers. It's a heavy workload.

I would've played Mir Hamza in place of Bilal. Hafeez and Yasir would've done a good job. Also you would've have a third spin option in shape of Haris.

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Shadab was injured so Bilal was the only 2nd spinner. Although he's not a genuine spinner like Yasur Shah. I don't know how team would've gone about with 3 genuine pacers. It's a heavy workload.

I would've played Mir Hamza in place of Bilal. Hafeez and Yasir would've done a good job. Also you would've have a third spin option in shape of Haris.

Hafeez and Yasir duo is enough, Bilal Asif will be under presure. Bilal is not a huge turner. Sad to see the demise of off spin bowling in Pakistan.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
I can only see more pain today for the Aussies on this Dubai road. We will be looking at scoreboard pressure to the tune of nothing less than 400. Praised be that Inzaman and Younis have retired. Then we would be facing a 600 deficit.

Users who are viewing this thread