Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Fielding camera just pointing into the sky
Which camera and a video would be better to show such things..

Game pausing for no reason
Thats a new thing added to the game, when the opposite player pauses the game it would pause for you too.. Its basically a timeout like thing when he is batting and wants a breather.. You have control over its limit in match creation..

Wicket keeper diving and missing the ball and then just lying on the floor while the ball is next to him on the ground
Opponents taking 3 runs when the ball just hits the stumps
Yeah something thats been looked into , WK and fielders doing fielding animation without ball coming to them is in offline too..

On top of this the game looks cartoony and when you hit a six you don’t feel as though you have hit it
Any reason as to why that feel is lacking? Is it the sound off the bat or the ball isnt six worthy but goes for six?

chaman82

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

overall very slow fielder reaction inside the inner ring. In the above video, the slip fielder takes too much time to get up and throw ball, no urgency there to ristrict the batsman from running.

Team used is England with good ground fielding and agility perks and max values in ground fielding.

This may be some animation problem but for better gameplay animation may be skipped and fielder attack the stumps more

chaman82

County Cricketer

This has been a problem since dbc14
There's easy single everywhere inside the ring

a simple solution can be seperate running skills for batsman.
Or
The fielders can be made to respond more quickly to stop these unreal running

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India

Slow keeper reaction. I think this is being looked at. Overall keeper reacts early and misses the ball
Yeah this needs to get sorted..

This has been a problem since dbc14
There's easy single everywhere inside the ring

a simple solution can be seperate running skills for batsman.
Or
The fielders can be made to respond more quickly to stop these unreal running
I feel this is more to do with players than the game.. If say I am playing online I dont use sprint everytime.. For me its about keeping the running realistic so that makes me play in the gaps more.. But with other players I have seen them turning into horses and doing rounds.. Though yeah fielder throw needs to be faster agreed on that , fast flat throws needs to be added.. No need for those loopy ones..

D

Deleted member 185125

I feel this is more to do with players than the game.. If say I am playing online I dont use sprint everytime.. For me its about keeping the running realistic so that makes me play in the gaps more.. But with other players I have seen them turning into horses and doing rounds.. Though yeah fielder throw needs to be faster agreed on that , fast flat throws needs to be added.. No need for those loopy ones..
Agree on the throwing aspect. Along with it, the inner circle fielders needs to be more attacking. Would have been nice if AI could detect User sprint vs normal run and react accordingly.

Edit: Dint release it was online thread. Sorry

chaman82

County Cricketer
There has to be a difference between running speed for batsman n fielders .. fielders needs to be faster.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa

The fact that there is no penalty for constantly running this way , run after run is the problem , same with bowling Effort Ball after effort ball.

In my South African Ashes Cricket Test League I have tried to find a workaround to this, by lowering the "Cardio Fitness" and "Muscle Fitness" of the Bowlers to Stop them from bowling Unnaturally Long Spells, or alternatively Effort Ball after Effort Ball. (Check my Link in Signature to be taken to the League)

The Same could probably be done to all the Fielders, but my big problem with this "Solution" , is I cannot enforce its use on an Opposing Player.

Its written in my Rules , and the Hope is its being adhered to by all the participants, but no way of verifying or enforcing/locking it in for all.

My proposal is either to have this as an Option for Match Creator (which should clearly be visible to the Opponent as well) , or BigantStudios Mass reduce the Scope/Size/Values of the (2) Fitness Skills mentioned above to a more realistic Value , thus not making it possible to bowl/run in the abovementioned way for a long period without Stamina being effected big time.

@Dutch , @WealeyH - It would be highly appreciated if you could pass this proposal on to the Powers that be.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online experience is so poor
Fielding camera just pointing into the sky
Game pausing for no reason
Wicket keeper diving and missing the ball and then just lying on the floor while the ball is next to him on the ground
Opponents taking 3 runs when the ball just hits the stumps
On top of this the game looks cartoony and when you hit a six you don’t feel as though you have hit it
Many many more issues
But as long as the offline play is good everything is good I suppose
Online buyers neglected again
thats funny ive played two games not one of those issues....

jaraarrow

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Let me continue
The ball is invisible in replays
You can take a single from every ball if you want to because fielders inside ring take an age to respond
Sometimes 2 runs
You hit the ball and on the replay the ball is no where near the bat
I mean are these not basic things
The national anthems are cool though
Oh and why have they made hosting a game more complicated than ashes
2 screens need to be accessed now ffs
I mean cmon lol

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The fact that there is no penalty for constantly running this way , run after run is the problem , same with bowling Effort Ball after effort ball.

In my South African Ashes Cricket Test League I have tried to find a workaround to this, by lowering the "Cardio Fitness" and "Muscle Fitness" of the Bowlers to Stop them from bowling Unnaturally Long Spells, or alternatively Effort Ball after Effort Ball. (Check my Link in Signature to be taken to the League)

The Same could probably be done to all the Fielders, but my big problem with this "Solution" , is I cannot enforce its use on an Opposing Player.

Its written in my Rules , and the Hope is its being adhered to by all the participants, but no way of verifying or enforcing/locking it in for all.

My proposal is either to have this as an Option for Match Creator (which should clearly be visible to the Opponent as well) , or BigantStudios Mass reduce the Scope/Size/Values of the (2) Fitness Skills mentioned above to a more realistic Value , thus not making it possible to bowl/run in the abovementioned way for a long period without Stamina being effected big time.

@Dutch , @WealeyH - It would be highly appreciated if you could pass this proposal on to the Powers that be.

I would follow a simpler model used by other games for online gameplay...
1. Have 2 modes - friendly and Competitive.
2. 'Friendly' mode is how the online gameplay is currently, i.e. use your own teams/players and do whatever you want to.
3. In 'Competitive' mode, make the gameplay a closed box, i.e. it works as follows:
i) Have a set of teams/players which already exist and players can select from one of the available teams but the teams/players cannot be edited in any shape or form. This takes care of all the midget or giant players you see.
ii) Have a pre-selected difficulty level (say Veteran) so everyone plays with the same without any fiddling
iii) Have pre-set match types available (F5, T10, T20 etc.) whose rules can't be changed.
4. Increase the timing window for taking care of long hops so people don't spam slow bouncers.
5. Reduce the difference between slower and faster deliveries. Make the difference in max and min speed for any bowler to say 15kph.

This should take care of majority of issues of people abusing the slower/faster bowling or bowling slow half trackers and the Competitive mode won't allow folks to abuse the settings or play with monster teams.

chaman82

County Cricketer
Easy to face spinners
spini generally easier to face on any level both offline and online.
Seperate timing window for spin and pace would be a great help
In online, option for seperate difficulty for pace and spin can help a lot.
For offline gameplay , I have made 2 seperate batting difficulty and named them bat spin and bat pace , whenever spinner comes to ball I select the spin difficulty.

Pace change
The back to back pace changing delivery can be bowled very easily now, may be that can be triggered/achieved only after achieving certain confidence level for a bowler
Similarly bowling accurate Yorkers back to back is too easy.

Fast batsman running

Regarding fast running by batsman , easy option can be to disable the R2 sprint trigger for online gameplay. This may be provided as an option during match creation.

Opening up gameplay modifiers for online( keeping them same for both players playing) can bring a lot of things to the table and solve many problems I think

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
I would follow a simpler model used by other games for online gameplay...
1. Have 2 modes - friendly and Competitive.
2. 'Friendly' mode is how the online gameplay is currently, i.e. use your own teams/players and do whatever you want to.
3. In 'Competitive' mode, make the gameplay a closed box, i.e. it works as follows:
i) Have a set of teams/players which already exist and players can select from one of the available teams but the teams/players cannot be edited in any shape or form. This takes care of all the midget or giant players you see.
ii) Have a pre-selected difficulty level (say Veteran) so everyone plays with the same without any fiddling
iii) Have pre-set match types available (F5, T10, T20 etc.) whose rules can't be changed.
4. Increase the timing window for taking care of long hops so people don't spam slow bouncers.
5. Reduce the difference between slower and faster deliveries. Make the difference in max and min speed for any bowler to say 15kph.

This should take care of majority of issues of people abusing the slower/faster bowling or bowling slow half trackers and the Competitive mode won't allow folks to abuse the settings or play with monster teams.

I hear you , but from your example, I would not be able to Play with a Custom team then, but a dull Generic Non-licenced team, that Bigant has skilled and locked out.

1. That doesnt sound like a nice prospect to be locked into this for the rest of my Cricket19 life.
2. The difficulty Level can be selected before the match in any case , so no real use in "locking" it again to some Level.
3. The Pre-set Match Types will also mean I cannot host any of my Custom 45 Over a Day Tests anymore, so why Lock it ?
4. The Increase in Timing Window for Medium Pacers Long Hops has been requested for a Long while, and will surely help.
5. You can reduce the Speed Difference , or just penalise the Use of Extra Effort/Slow Balls a bit more via the orginial proposed Stamina Attributes.

Currently the Stamina Attribute is so far off the Chart , that when Full(or even close to full) , you can effectively continuously bowl Extra Effort Balls non stop ,for the entire test, without having to change the Bowler.

THAT to me shows the Maximum Value`s allowed for these paramaters is way of the chart and the cause of 50 % of the issue already, as most on disk players have them almost at full tilt default.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I hear you , but from your example, I would not be able to Play with a Custom team then, but a dull Generic Non-licenced team, that Bigant has skilled and locked out.

1. That doesnt sound like a nice prospect to be locked into this for the rest of my Cricket19 life.
2. The difficulty Level can be selected before the match in any case , so no real use in "locking" it again to some Level.
3. The Pre-set Match Types will also mean I cannot host any of my Custom 45 Over a Day Tests anymore, so why Lock it ?
4. The Increase in Timing Window for Medium Pacers Long Hops has been requested for a Long while, and will surely help.
5. You can reduce the Speed Difference , or just penalise the Use of Extra Effort/Slow Balls a bit more via the orginial proposed Stamina Attributes.

Currently the Stamina Attribute is so far off the Chart , that when Full(or even close to full) , you can effectively continuously bowl Extra Effort Balls non stop ,for the entire test, without having to change the Bowler.

THAT to me shows the Maximum Value`s allowed for these paramaters is way of the chart and the cause of 50 % of the issue already, as most on disk players have them almost at full tilt default.

The problem is you can either have a fully customised game but open to online exploits or close it down for a much better experience. It's not possible to have both unless you know the person(s) you are playing with. Madden has implemented it quite well. You can set up your friendly games any way you want but they don't count against your online record. If you want to play for online stats/records, which majority of folks do, you have to stick to a particular set of constraints.

Closing the online game down also allows developers to test it more comprehensively and easier to patch out any new exploits users come up with. If you allow all the options, it won't be possible to test and catch every single permutation & combination possible, say a midget bowling a double bouncing half-pitched delivery. A trade-off between more customisation or a better and more stable online experience is the only feasible way I've seen in online sports games.

Users who are viewing this thread