Cricket 19 General Discussion

fezza

Club Captain
Saving games and reloading seems to influence ball deterioration but it is very odd. Sometimes a ball looks perfect for 65 overs and then suddenly looks old.

It's very frustrating as this was pointed out on day one.

I am beginning to wish an IPL billionaire would come along and finance a new EA game (look at Baseball's The Show). We can all dream I guess...

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Saving games and reloading seems to influence ball deterioration but it is very odd. Sometimes a ball looks perfect for 65 overs and then suddenly looks old.

It's very frustrating as this was pointed out on day one.

I am beginning to wish an IPL billionaire would come along and finance a new EA game (look at Baseball's The Show). We can all dream I guess...
Sony make The Show.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
what would an EA Cricket 19 look like now.
Very similar to this
Battlefront-Pic-768x432.jpg

fezza

Club Captain
Not all sports games have in game purchases or have purchases that are essential to enjoy the game. Take PES for a start.

That said I don't mind paying for quality and extra content if it works

Instead many us have spent about 200 bucks on four BA games... and the latest version still has serious issues...

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Not all sports games have in game purchases or have purchases that are essential to enjoy the game. Take PES for a start.

That said I don't mind paying for quality and extra content if it works

Instead many us have spent about 200 bucks on four BA games... and the latest version still has serious issues...
I thought PES had myclub coins available for purchase. Although I've not bought it for two or three years.

Personally, I'd probably not buy a cricket game with microtransactions. They have nothing to do with maintaining or making quality content and everything to do with making more money on top of the sales price.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I thought PES had myclub coins available for purchase. Although I've not bought it for two or three years.

Personally, I'd probably not buy a cricket game with microtransactions. They have nothing to do with maintaining or making quality content and everything to do with making more money on top of the sales price.
Agreeing with @wasteyouryouth here! Am not buying any game from EA, they have no connect with the fans, at least with BA you can still talk to them on other platforms at least. Honestly, the game is at least worth my money, and I have bought it on two consoles!

fezza

Club Captain
Developers produce games to make money. The reason why The Show Fifa and PES have such high production values is because they are very profitable. If people had been prepared to pay for cricket games rather than pirate them we would have an EA Cricket 19.

I don't like microtransactions but they are here to stay and are a key way of boosting profits. Without profit there is no reinvestment.

People don't have to buy. My family plays PES and we enjoy it greatly but have never paid an extra penny. You can create all the players and teams you want in the editor.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Developers produce games to make money. The reason why The Show Fifa and PES have such high production values is because they are very profitable. If people had been prepared to pay for cricket games rather than pirate them we would have an EA Cricket 19.

I don't like microtransactions but they are here to stay and are a key way of boosting profits. Without profit there is no reinvestment.

People don't have to buy. My family plays PES and we enjoy it greatly but have never paid an extra penny. You can create all the players and teams you want in the editor.
And your point being?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin

The profits go to shareholders, bonuses for billionaire executives and to tax havens (because most major publishers pay very little if any tax). Meanwhile they routinely lay off staff and close down entire studios because the billions they make each year always has to be bettered. So they idea it is reinvested is simply false. Then they do it all again twelve months later.

As for consumers, you might not have to pay, but games are designed to make paying extra the norm. They know most people won't pay so target people that will, regardless of whether those people can afford it (children, people with gambling or shopping addictions). Kids are bullied for having default Fortnite skins. On top of that they make games worse. I think it was Shadow of War that when they removed loot boxes, because of the player outcry, they had to comprehensively overhaul the game because it had been designed to be a massive grind ... unless you paid for loot boxes.

They might be here to stay, or more governments might do what Belgium did and outlaw them. Although the profits will probably go to lobbying lawmakers to prevent that happening.

Reactions: DAP

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Before I report this as a bug, I wanted to ask the folks here if something is wrong on my end. The image below shows my bowling skills page in career mode. Somehow, I have the ability points to unlock things, but those empty spaces don't have a lock on them to unlock using ability points as a result can't use my excess skill points. Please help out!
CC:, @MattW @WealeyH @Dutch @wasteyouryouth
PS_Messages_20190810_015102.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread