England tour of New Zealand 2019

D

Dutch

Somebody needs to tell him to stop chasing wide deliveries.
At least he is getting closer to those ! :p[DOUBLEPOST=1575239639][/DOUBLEPOST]To be fair we complain that they don't stick around and give their wicket away.....he is at least still there

D

Dutch

Hopefully England can step on the gas after lunch. Decent effort and great to see Root back in to big numbers.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I dunno. Day four/five get a spinner into the attack and maybe New Zealand could be skittled.

We can always hope. But England don't have a front-line spinner in this game, and the Kiwis have six batsman with averages over 40.

Any bets on when Root will declare? That's a tough one. Maybe half hour before close?

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I'd honestly be in no real rush to declare; I certainly wouldn't declare today if both of these two were to continue batting

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Finally Root gets among the runs. Though can't help but wonder if that has come at a wrong time - he surely needs to focus solely on batting and should be relived off of his captain duties. Nonetheless, that double hundred ought to give him a world of confidence.

Good fightback by NZ too after losing two quick wickets. I say all three results still very much possible. Dare I say England might be even sniffing at victory if they can bowl NZ out before the 1st hour of the second session. Not ruling it out....

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Finally Root gets among the runs. Though can't help but wonder if that has come at a wrong time - he surely needs to focus solely on batting and should be relived off of his captain duties. Nonetheless, that double hundred ought to give him a world of confidence.

Good fightback by NZ too after losing two quick wickets. I say all three results still very much possible. Dare I say England might be even sniffing at victory if they can bowl NZ out before the 1st hour of the second session. Not ruling it out....
Only if Jofra Archer finally does his magic

Users who are viewing this thread