Cricket 19 General Discussion

Ramz

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Need some advice guys my cricket 19 cd got messed up so I bought a digital version but the issue I have now is that the playface faces doesn't show on players. I don't wanna re-download all teams again as I set teams to my liking.

any help would be nice

I had the same issue aswell bro, all i did was download the player faces off the players that werent showing up and after overwriting the player it worked fine.

Hester

County Cricketer
I've been playing quite a few tests and have noticed there's something odd with ball bounce. The spin balls bounce too low, while pace balls bounce too high. On a hard wicket (it was grassy/dry, hard) every short ball went into space for 4 runs.

I turned pitch bounce and ball bounce down to 38 but it made no difference to the pace bowling. Even on a medium pitch, balls go over the stumps. Spin balls still bouncing too low, of course.

Does anyone have a setting they use to help that I'm not seeing?

Rhone

County Cricketer
I've been playing quite a few tests and have noticed there's something odd with ball bounce. The spin balls bounce too low, while pace balls bounce too high. On a hard wicket (it was grassy/dry, hard) every short ball went into space for 4 runs.

I turned pitch bounce and ball bounce down to 38 but it made no difference to the pace bowling. Even on a medium pitch, balls go over the stumps. Spin balls still bouncing too low, of course.

Does anyone have a setting they use to help that I'm not seeing?

On dry/hard the bounce is very pronounced so you need to be bowling fuller pitched balls to hit the stumps. On slow pitches you do the opposite. You shorten your length.

Think of Normal/Standard pitches as your baseline. A good length delivery (maybe using r1 to make it a tiny bit fuller) should clip the top of the stumps. On a Dry/Hard pitch it will bounce well over the stumps. Alter your bowling length, not the pitch bounce as this will mess up your bounce on other more standard pitches. You will have good length deliveries thudding into the middle of the stumps.

I also notched down pitch bounce VERY slightly to about 48 I think. This should get you clipping the top of the stumps with some good length delivers on normal/standard, though there is some variation.

TLDR - Notch pitch bounce down slightly and make use of L1/R1 to alter your length

Last edited:

hamzahassan14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi Everyone,

I just completed my first innings of 3rd test in Ashes playing as England and on very Hardest difficulty.

I configured that if i keep playing shots while blocking, batsmen stamina depletes rapidly! Does anyone else also experience the same?

To counter this i play couple of dot overs and the stamina is increased again! This sound a bit weird but was wondering is it a bug in the game?

Appreciate your respsonse.

Attachments

• 20200522133537_1.jpg
    20200522133537_1.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 20200522133546_1.jpg
    20200522133546_1.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 20200522133603_1.jpg
    20200522133603_1.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 44

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Hi Everyone,

I just completed my first innings of 3rd test in Ashes playing as England and on very Hardest difficulty.

I configured that if i keep playing shots while blocking, batsmen stamina depletes rapidly! Does anyone else also experience the same?

To counter this i play couple of dot overs and the stamina is increased again! This sound a bit weird but was wondering is it a bug in the game?

I think seeing Jason Roy score 165 runs (even a run) in test cricket has shocked the game - same as seeing huge scores from Stokes and Rash and Broad. 1205 wowww! I think that if you are aggressive and attacking on most occasions in an over your stamina will go down as they are typically harder to play shots physically than a block depending on your technique. Running between the wickets and time at the crease as well as run scoring and general batsmanship are all factors in the real life world so they are replicated in this games stamina - if you watch real life Stokes at Headingley or the World Cup he was shattered and still pulled through both times scoring lots of runs and spending more time at the crease so it’s intentional and not a bug because it tried to replicate the stamina and power of players who under pressure are more likely to get more fatigued.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hi Everyone,

If you can score 1,300 runs at 9 on over on hardest difficulty, why on earth are you bothering to play the game?

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
Hi Everyone,

I find this puzzling. You must be a phenomenal player sir, and I doff my proverbial cap to you. Also, how could you not fall asleep from boredom? And how do you score at 9/over on hardest difficulty? You are on a totally different level to me for sure.
I play this game to immerse myself in a parallel cricket reality, particularly at this time of real cricket cold turkey and, in some ways, I don't care about winning. I would find your experience quite unfulfilling, I suspect. I seek as an authentic cricket experience as possible. You are clearly far too good.
Have you tried playing with your eyes shut?

hamzahassan14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
If you can score 1,300 runs at 9 on over on hardest difficulty, why on earth are you bothering to play the game?
By the way i got this achievement after almost a year of practice on this game starting from the lowest difficulty towards hardest.

So i guess with progressive improvement in timing and judgement influences your game, so it is reflected in my score here. I wanted to know that if it is a bug in the game or am i being super natural(Just kidding)?

I still configured some bugs out in my previous post to that i got no response. Below again review of my points.

"1. Whenever i bowl with good length ball (green circle), when it hits pad it goes most of the time above stumps while when AI is bowling they got me out LBW by same delivery but this time the big-eye shows its hitting wickets! how is that possible and what i am doing wrong? I am talking both for fast and spin bowlers.
2. When i bowl short balls (red circle), immediately after a ball or two the umpire signals for 1 bouncer and the next short ball is a no ball, whereas the AI keeps bowling a whole over with short balls without a warning and no balls. Why is it so or what i am doing wrong?
3. Is it possible to get a hand to the straight hit ball at the bowlers stumps as most of the times AI non striker batsman is out of their crease?
4. Why i am not able to take overthrow run when the ball hits the stumps whereas the AI can do that? I have noticed a lot of instances where during my bowling when ball hits the stumps the AI players take extra run. When i try to do that a soon as ball hits stumps during my batting it become dead and i can't run. Need help what is wrong is it a bug in the game?
5. While bowling with spinners i notice the AI bowler speeds could go well below 82 kph while mine keeps stuck at the lower around 85-88 kph! How is that possible? This leads to mistime the ball and get bowled or LBW.
6. During fielding i notice most of the times the ball from the fielder is thrown to the keeper or fielder at the other end rather than attempting direct hit! How can i make my fielders to aim wickets while throwing the ball rather than having indirect attempt to run out by throwing to keeper/fielder?

Look forward to your comments/suggestions as am i the only one who is experiencing issues mentioned above or are they bugs that need to be fixed in next update."

Last edited:

hamzahassan14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I find this puzzling. You must be a phenomenal player sir, and I doff my proverbial cap to you. Also, how could you not fall asleep from boredom? And how do you score at 9/over on hardest difficulty? You are on a totally different level to me for sure.
I play this game to immerse myself in a parallel cricket reality, particularly at this time of real cricket cold turkey and, in some ways, I don't care about winning. I would find your experience quite unfulfilling, I suspect. I seek as an authentic cricket experience as possible. You are clearly far too good.
Have you tried playing with your eyes shut?
Thanks mate for appreciation. I played this innings in three days while saving games by the span of 30-40 overs. Off course i can't do that in one go.

To be honest i never like to play test games as they are boring to me but in this time of lock down and having played numerous limited over tournaments, i thought to give it a try and unlock "locked achievements ".

By the way did you also had the chance to experience the same things as i pointed in my reply above?

Thank you for your support and comments in advance.

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
By the way i got this achievement after almost a year of practice on this game starting from the lowest difficulty towards hardest.

So i guess with progressive improvement in timing and judgement influences your game, so it is reflected in my score here. I wanted to know that if it is a bug in the game or am i being super natural? Just kidding.

I still configured some bugs out in my previous post to that i got no response. Below again review of my points.

"1. Whenever i bowl with good length ball (green circle), when it hits pad it goes most of the time above stumps while when AI is bowling they got me out LBW by same delivery but this time the big-eye shows its hitting wickets! how is that possible and what i am doing wrong? I am talking both for fast and spin bowlers.
2. When i bowl short balls (red circle), immediately after a ball or two the umpire signals for 1 bouncer and the next short ball is a no ball, whereas the AI keeps bowling a whole over with short balls without a warning and no balls. Why is it so or what i am doing wrong?
3. Is it possible to get a hand to the straight hit ball at the bowlers stumps as most of the times AI non striker batsman is out of their crease?
4. Why i am not able to take overthrow run when the ball hits the stumps whereas the AI can do that? I have noticed a lot of instances where during my bowling when ball hits the stumps the AI players take extra run. When i try to do that a soon as ball hits stumps during my batting it become dead and i can't run. Need help what is wrong is it a bug in the game?
5. While bowling with spinners i notice the AI bowler speeds could go well below 82 kph while mine keeps stuck at the lower around 85-88 kph! How is that possible? This leads to mistime the ball and get bowled or LBW.
6. During fielding i notice most of the times the ball from the fielder is thrown to the keeper or fielder at the other end rather than attempting direct hit! How can i make my fielders to aim wickets while throwing the ball rather than having indirect attempt to run out by throwing to keeper/fielder?

Look forward to your comments/suggestions as am i the only one who is experiencing issues mentioned above or are they bugs that need to be fixed in next update."

No problem Hamza. I don't tend to bowl to the AI very much as I share your frustration.
1. Green/good length balls do vary and the wicket you are playing on affects this also. Have you experimented with sliders to reduce the bounce?
2. I haven't noticed this. The umpire signals (too) short balls but I have not noticed any no ball calls for over-use of short bowling.
3. You can run the non-striker out. i have never done this but I have seen GJ Weaver on his YouTube channel do this.
4. It is true. As the batsman we cannot take a run for this but hte AI batter can. It doesn't bother me.
5. I like this as it means when batting you have to watch the ball from the spinners hand to judge flight and pace. When bowling, it seems you can beat the bat using flight and arm balls despite the speed not reflecting that.
6. You can aim for a direct hit if you get the timing of the throw right (in the green bar bit).

I fel a bit weird giving advice to someone that can score 1200+ runs on Hardest level!

hamzahassan14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
No problem Hamza. I don't tend to bowl to the AI very much as I share your frustration.
1. Green/good length balls do vary and the wicket you are playing on affects this also. Have you experimented with sliders to reduce the bounce?
2. I haven't noticed this. The umpire signals (too) short balls but I have not noticed any no ball calls for over-use of short bowling.
3. You can run the non-striker out. i have never done this but I have seen GJ Weaver on his YouTube channel do this.
4. It is true. As the batsman we cannot take a run for this but hte AI batter can. It doesn't bother me.
5. I like this as it means when batting you have to watch the ball from the spinners hand to judge flight and pace. When bowling, it seems you can beat the bat using flight and arm balls despite the speed not reflecting that.
6. You can aim for a direct hit if you get the timing of the throw right (in the green bar bit).

I fel a bit weird giving advice to someone that can score 1200+ runs on Hardest level!
Thanks a lot for your version of experience.

We all learn something new and this is the reason we all are here. Just as FYI, attached pics of AI bowled out.

In test matches i feel you can get quicker wickets with spinners rather than fast bowlers as they run into stamina issues.

Attachments

• 20200523005420_1.jpg
    20200523005420_1.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 20200523005443_1.jpg
    20200523005443_1.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 20200523005507_1.jpg
    20200523005507_1.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 20200523005512_1.jpg
    20200523005512_1.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 28

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

We all learn something new and this is the reason we all are here. Just as FYI, attached pics of AI bowled out.

In test matches i feel you can get quicker wickets with spinners rather than fast bowlers as they run into stamina issues.
I mean seriously what’s the point? How is that remotely fun?

Sahil70

Club Captain
Not getting why this is happening.
Playing a test on dusty/soft surface.On day 2 AI (ENG)started its inns. Scoring was steady while quicks were on. Brought the spinners on and ended up bowling 11 consecutive maidens.AI just kept hitting to fielders. Ended up quitting the game out of frustration and therefore the series as this was 2nd test

Whatever happened to AI being able to find gaps and rotate strike and whatever else that was put in the description about AI in the game.

hamzahassan14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I mean seriously what’s the point? How is that remotely fun?
The point here is to understand the AI playing techniques here so that we can share our experiences to improve the bugs if any in the upcoming patches/updates.

I clearly mentioned above that this just happened after i started to play tests to unlock "locked achievements". I never say that it is fun to score that much runs to simulate unreal scenario, it just just happened after playing cricket 19 for so long.

Do you also experience the same with spinners in test matches as i wrote above?

Hester

County Cricketer

I think spin bowling is a bit broken. If I'm ever in need of a couple of wickets I bring on a spinner and he'll take 1 wicket every 3 overs on average. There seems to be little difference between bowling with a 40 rated spinner and an 80 rated one.

Users who are viewing this thread