Editor for Cricket Captain 2021 (Release)

muzzys

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Could you please release a fixture editor i feel its needed to take the game to the next level!

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Could you please release a fixture editor i feel its needed to take the game to the next level!
I worked a bit on it last year, but there was virtually no interest, so I gave up.

Unless someone shows interest in investing some hours into this, then I don't imagine it will be feasible.

muzzys

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
why is it when you load up a players statistics random stats are showing up?
Also on the fixture editor, id be willing to pay for it to reward you for your hard work. This editor you've made takes the game to the next level!
The Football Manager series release an editor each year for £3.99 with the annual release. I feel the cricket captain team need to look into doing something like this with each years release. A fixture editor is needed as the fixture list gets stale.
I'd be happy to pay anywhere from £5-£20 for a fixture editor.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
why is it when you load up a players statistics random stats are showing up?
Also on the fixture editor, id be willing to pay for it to reward you for your hard work. This editor you've made takes the game to the next level!
The Football Manager series release an editor each year for £3.99 with the annual release. I feel the cricket captain team need to look into doing something like this with each years release. A fixture editor is needed as the fixture list gets stale.
I'd be happy to pay anywhere from £5-£20 for a fixture editor.
The stats are not working correctly yet in the 2021 editor and this is a known issue. (See "Known Issues" in this post). There isn't usually much interest in the stats and I actually don't understand the new stats layout in CC2021 (there is a "M/D%" column, which seems like it means "dot ball %" for 20-over formats and "number of matches" for all other formats). These seem like two totally different statistics, so I don't understand why they have been lumped into the same column. I want to make sure the developers are going to stick to this layout long-term before I invest too much time in changing the editor.

There is a separate thread for the fixture editor here. I tried to revive the discussion last year, but if I remember correctly only 3 people showed any interest (and two of those people were you and me). Realistically, we need to find someone willing to invest some tens of hours into making it work (and that person needs at least very basic programming experience). The Cricket Captain developers even offered E-mail support to whoever takes on that project seriously. It's very doable, but someone needs to sit down and do it.

I'm glad if the editor is useful to anyone, but I have absolutely zero intention to make any money from it. There is simply no way to make it financially viable, so it can only exist if it is developed for free. If I charged a reasonable hourly rate, then I guess I would be owed somewhere in the ballpark of £100k. Cricket management sims are a niche market, and demand for an editor is patchy, so this kind of money just isn't available. (Of course, a real software developer could have done it much faster than me and produced a much better end product, but the money doesn't exist to hire a real software developer). A £3.99 editor is viable for Football Manager because a vast number of people will buy it (and, as far as I know, the Football Manager player database is actually created using an editor, so the editor exists almost for free). The Cricket Captain player database is not created using an editor, so it would be a huge task to create one from scratch.

If you can find 100,000 people willing to pay £5 for a fixture editor, then it will happen for sure. If you can only find 1000, then most likely it won't. If we can only find 2 or 3, then someone needs to do it for free.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
The M/D thing is maidens and dot balls.
Yes, I realized that after I looked into it. However, this change in CC2021 seems to have changed the structure of the bowling statistics in a way I don't understand. I think the batting stats will be fixed in the next release of the editor, but probably not the bowling stats.

Brijesh411

School Cricketer
I wanted to have retired player in my domestic team so i adjusted player's year of birth made him 19 year old and unretired him from all format but the player is not available in picking draft(not available in list where we sign players) for domestic team but he is available for selection when i play for national team i hope you can help for this

Last edited:

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I wanted to have retired player in my domestic team so i adjusted player's year of birth made him 19 year old and unretired him from all format but the player is not available in picking draft(not available in list where we sign players) for domestic team but he is available for selection when i play for national team i hope you can help for this
You could try the Squad Editor (Tools -> Squad Editor). Make sure you navigate to your "Team Details" screen in Cricket Captain first.

You can only swap him into your team (so you have to swap out one of your existing players, meaning you will lose them).

I have not tested this much for domestic teams, so please backup your savegame before trying it.

Users who are viewing this thread