Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
So posting videos here gets deleted, reason saying its general discussion.. I create a new thread to share my videos that also gets locked.. Nice forum.. Now just block me too.. Not sure why there needs to be such a strict rule when the content are related to the game only..

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
1-0 down in a T10 series against USA. Made 95 and lost by 9 wickets! Game couldn’t crash (For the first time in ages) whilst I was collapsing in the middle overs of the second match could it? No. Had to collapse after Jamie Overton struck four consecutive boundaries in the final over to take us to the verge of passing 100 this time!

Mr Snrub

International Coach
With regards to fielding, still seeing so many slides (both AI and human fielding) where they come across and their legs/feet touch the rope and become fours. It appears Big Ant has simply not motion-captured a forwards (head and body first) dive with tap back. If they have they don't seem to have used it.

Also, the speed that outfielders run is completely one uniform pace. When you see real cricketers in a T20 or ODI getting close to the ball (say 20m) they really pick up the desperation and pace for a good 5-6 strides to try and stop the ball getting to the rope. I'm not sure how hard it would be to tie pace to the proximity to the ball in the programming side of things, but it would possibly help.

If they ever put one in, the forward dive could be tied to a button and used for running straight after the ball towards the rope and for players sprinting around the boundary and accompanied by a little extra speed burst in the last 10-20m of proximity.

Anything would be better than the sliding legs going over the rope which almost never happens in real life.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
With regards to fielding, still seeing so many slides (both AI and human fielding) where they come across and their legs/feet touch the rope and become fours. It appears Big Ant has simply not motion-captured a forwards (head and body first) dive with tap back. If they have they don't seem to have used it.

Also, the speed that outfielders run is completely one uniform pace. When you see real cricketers in a T20 or ODI getting close to the ball (say 20m) they really pick up the desperation and pace for a good 5-6 strides to try and stop the ball getting to the rope. I'm not sure how hard it would be to tie pace to the proximity to the ball in the programming side of things, but it would possibly help.

If they ever put one in, the forward dive could be tied to a button and used for running straight after the ball towards the rope and for players sprinting around the boundary and accompanied by a little extra speed burst in the last 10-20m of proximity.

Anything would be better than the sliding legs going over the rope which almost never happens in real life.
I hope they can add a few animations to fix it. They did add some bowling animations post launch.

andrew56

Club Captain
I was playing ps4 play now.
Fielding needs to improve, I was sprinting after the ball and wasn't making a difference.
Has anyone able to duck under a bouncer.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
@Nithin Antony I've been tinkering with ODI settings as thats all I play and I've had some varied results with the following

Match Difficulty: Hardest
Difficulty: Legend
Strike Timing: 20
Run Rate: 20
Pitch Bounce: 35/40 (can't remember)

I've had good results, beautiful plays and misses and total off top of my head in the 4/5 games I tried were: 144-10, 207-10, 255-6, 158-10. Need to test and maybe tinker some other stuff like reskilling teams as these games were with me as AUS bowling to NZ

So posting videos here gets deleted, reason saying its general discussion.. I create a new thread to share my videos that also gets locked.. Nice forum.. Now just block me too.. Not sure why there needs to be such a strict rule when the content are related to the game only..

Because there's only room for a few popular people here :p

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I was playing ps4 play now.
Fielding needs to improve, I was sprinting after the ball and wasn't making a difference.
Has anyone able to duck under a bouncer.
It wouldn't be so bad if it even just kicked in a bit as your player got closer to the ball, but yeah on semi-auto fielding, sprint seems redundant.

Fielding overall looks like an area where Big Ant just can't seem to conceptualize good game mechanics.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
One thing I've noticed watching the ashes today is how far the city is from the scg. In Cricket 22 the cbd buildings are right next door. I'm guessing its just some creative liberties taken to add something around the ground to make it a bit more interesting.

max2002

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
One thing I've noticed watching the ashes today is how far the city is from the scg. In Cricket 22 the cbd buildings are right next door. I'm guessing its just some creative liberties taken to add something around the ground to make it a bit more interesting.
Have a look at Junction oval in game. That's even worse. Backs onto Albert Park lake in real life with only a few buildings on the hill side of the ground. In game the ground is placed in the middle of the CBD

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Have a look at Junction oval in game. That's even worse. Backs onto Albert Park lake in real life with only a few buildings on the hill side of the ground. In game the ground is placed in the middle of the CBD
Yeah, I feel with Junction Oval it was more a case of time than lack of effort, there aren't many ariel shots of grounds (ala PES) so they probably thought it wasn't worth the time to put albert park in the bg. Would've been nice though. Because JO isn't next to a city lol.
Post automatically merged:

Whos waiting for the patch over here which would fix everything broken and add tons of new stuff.
If those are your expectations for the next patch, I suggest lowering your bar just a tad.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Yeah, I feel with Junction Oval it was more a case of time than lack of effort, there aren't many ariel shots of grounds (ala PES) so they probably thought it wasn't worth the time to put albert park in the bg. Would've been nice though. Because JO isn't next to a city lol.
Post automatically merged:

If those are your expectations for the next patch, I suggest lowering your bar just a tad.
I just want the game to be playable

Users who are viewing this thread