Editor for Cricket Captain 2021 (Release)

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Just for a bit of clarification, if i was to edit a player's bowling ability and potential to make them better, would i need to put the offset to values like 1%, 2%? Or am i able to use negative percentages which would technically lower them
You should use a negative offset to improve "bowling ability".

For example, if a bowler has ability 200, then applying an offset of -10% will change their bowling ability to 180 (and lower values are better for bowling ability).

andrew2711

School Cricketer
You should use a negative offset to improve "bowling ability".

For example, if a bowler has ability 200, then applying an offset of -10% will change their bowling ability to 180 (and lower values are better for bowling ability).
Thanks for that, i thought that was the case, but didnt want to do anything to break the game

arsenallad

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi, im getting the error, failed to load. i have the newest version of the editor and the newest version of the game. The editor worked 2 days a go now its stopped. Any suggestions?

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Hi, im getting the error, failed to load. i have the newest version of the editor and the newest version of the game. The editor worked 2 days a go now its stopped. Any suggestions?
It's still working for me on 01/01/2022. My game version still shows as 21.03 (and I don't see any new updates announced on childishthings.com).

Maybe try closing other programs, or rebooting your PC. Apart from that, I can't offer much help until I can reproduce the problem on my PC.

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
I have made some minor updates to the editor (2021.03-02).

Editor.png

In the Player Editor, I added controls for "Playing in IPL" and "Playing in 100", which are similar to the old "Playing for Country" control. (They allow you to select unavailable players for your club team).

In the Club Editor, I added "Auto Coaching" and "Auto Physio" buttons. Clicking "Auto Physio" just assigns physio sessions to every player in your whole squad. Clicking "Auto Coaching" launches the Coaching Editor window:

1641059718305.png

This allows you to assign a default coaching type to every player in your whole squad. The players are split into 6 groups (batters, all-rounders and bowlers - young and old). The reason for splitting young and old is that technique training is usually more effective for younger players. (You can define what age to make this split at, using the "Up to age" boxes).

When you click "Apply", all players in the squad will be assigned the specified type of coaching unless they already have coaching assigned in-game. In other words, clicking "Apply" does not overwrite any coaching you already assigned manually in-game. However, clicking "Clear All" will clear all coaching sessions, including any you assigned manually.

Attachments

• 1641060364069.png
    1641060364069.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain

View attachment 260633

In the Player Editor, I added controls for "Playing in IPL" and "Playing in 100", which are similar to the old "Playing for Country" control. (They allow you to select unavailable players).

In the Club Editor, I added "Auto Coaching" and "Auto Physio" buttons. Clicking "Auto Physio" just assigns physio sessions to every player in your whole squad. Clicking "Auto Coaching" launches the Coaching Editor window:

View attachment 260638

This allows you to assign a default coaching type to every player in your whole squad. The players are split into 6 groups (batters, all-rounders and bowlers - young and old). The reason for splitting young and old is that technique training is usually more effective for younger players. (You can define what age to make this split at, using the "Up to age" boxes).

When you click "Apply", all players in the squad will be assigned the specified type of coaching unless they already have coaching assigned in-game. In other words, clicking "Apply" does not overwrite any coaching you already assigned manually in-game. However, clicking "Clear All" will clear all coaching sessions, including any you assigned manually.
Hi @weetabixharry greetings and best wishes for a happy new year! What does the "Playing for Country" option do actually? I remember in our last discussion, we couldn't really identify if it actually makes the AI select the player for national duty.

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Hi @weetabixharry greetings and best wishes for a happy new year! What does the "Playing for Country" option do actually? I remember in our last discussion, we couldn't really identify if it actually makes the AI select the player for national duty.
You can uncheck this box to make them available to play for your club team. I doubt this has any effect on international selection. (If you select the player for your club, then they will play two matches simultaneously).

maddenf

School Cricketer

View attachment 260633

In the Player Editor, I added controls for "Playing in IPL" and "Playing in 100", which are similar to the old "Playing for Country" control. (They allow you to select unavailable players for your club team).

View attachment 260638

I can see in your screenshot that you have the hidden attributes shown. Is that something we can access?

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
I can see in your screenshot that you have the hidden attributes shown. Is that something we can access?
No, the developers of Cricket Captain have asked that hidden attributes remain hidden. One reason for this is that knowing hidden attributes gives an unfair advantage to online players.

I personally prefer to know hidden attributes (and I have never played online in more than 20 years of playing the game), but unfortunately this cannot be shared.

travder92

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That really sucks. I wanna buy this game but not being able to edit freely means a lost sale from me. Oh well.

faizangmc

Club Captain
I remember the scout had some mass editing abilities with filter. Is it still available for 21 version? Thanks

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
I remember the scout had some mass editing abilities with filter. Is it still available for 21 version? Thanks
I think the only mass editing capability is ability/potential randomization. The Scout allows you to randomize the batting and bowling abilities and potentials of all the players in the game. This is available for CC 2021 here.

There never seemed to be much interest in this, so I didn't develop it much. I found a couple of other hidden attributes (possibly bowling aggression and wicketkeeping ability, I can't remember) but I never added randomization for these, as I don't think anyone was using this feature.

faizangmc

Club Captain
I think the only mass editing capability is ability/potential randomization. The Scout allows you to randomize the batting and bowling abilities and potentials of all the players in the game. This is available for CC 2021 here.

There never seemed to be much interest in this, so I didn't develop it much. I found a couple of other hidden attributes (possibly bowling aggression and wicketkeeping ability, I can't remember) but I never added randomization for these, as I don't think anyone was using this feature.
Found the option in scout. But it seems its greyed out and unusable. The filter works but randomization is greyed out. Please can you fix it as I only use that feature. It helps with regens a lot. So long term saves are interesting.

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Found the option in scout. But it seems its greyed out and unusable. The filter works but randomization is greyed out. Please can you fix it as I only use that feature. It helps with regens a lot. So long term saves are interesting.
I guess there was some reason it was disabled. Almost certainly, this would have been because there was some risk of it being used to cheat online, but I can't remember now. I'll have to check through my notes.

Assuming you just want to nerf regens, I think this would be relatively easy to re-add safely.

Users who are viewing this thread