SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Replaying the 87/88 “Shakoor Rana” tour England in Pakistan using the “Asia” settings ever so slightly modified - have a grassy dusty medium pitch, didn’t up wicket chance as much and put swing slightly higher…

Also skilling teams much as I have in c19 and others before that - lower than default but same for me and the AI.

I’m bowling first on a grassy/dusty medium day 1 pitch with light cracks, and Pakistan are 91/9 at lunch!!

A devastating new-ball burst from Daffy (3-14) and Foster(1-18) backed up by Cook (1-29) and Emburey (4-14).

Something weird I spotted though was that the offies get good turn over the wicket but round the wicket next to nothing.
Can you share how you reskilled your players mate? Like what parameters.
Thankyou

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Can you share how you reskilled your players mate? Like what parameters.
Thankyou
Nothing scientific. There are 15 skill blocks and I will rarely give anyone anything more than 9 for any batting skill. If I want a skill to be shite I leave it on the first block, not great it’s 2-3, ok to decent it’s 3-6 and good/excellent it’s 7+. Try to make sure everyone has a relative weakness and everyone has decent run speed.

Bowlers similar but I don’t find them as overpowered so I can rate them higher.

I will give perks to magnify strengths or weaknesses. Let’s say I want a strong off side player with a short ball weakness I will give him a decent skills on drive and ok on cut, less on glance and hook, I will then perk him for front footing and off side. If I want him really strong on the drive I will perk drive as well. (For variety I will perk drive but not the others for example).

I give every player decent fielding stats, and general fielding proficiency, and try to make them have at least 1 3-4 star fielding position and a relevant fielding perk to their best position.

It’s not perfect as 91-9 would attest. But I am not having anything like the issues others report in the general discussion thread.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I've gone back and combed through most of the replies since I posted the Slider Spreadsheet v1 and created somewhat of a change log for v2 of the spreadsheet.

Along with some of my own thoughts, does anyone have anything extra to add to this based on their play time?

1641758422509.png

Thanks guys!

RDB3

Club Cricketer
I've gone back and combed through most of the replies since I posted the Slider Spreadsheet v1 and created somewhat of a change log for v2 of the spreadsheet.

Along with some of my own thoughts, does anyone have anything extra to add to this based on their play time?

View attachment 261194

Thanks guys!
I won't change SA pitches to medium. Still believe its hard pitches. All the rain recently definitely slowed it down and lowered the bounce. When the sun came out the pitch got quicker and more bouncier.

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
While we can’t rule out a bug as I have saved an restarted a couple times, I appear to be seeing genuine dynamic weather and pitch wear.

On a grassy dusty pitch in overcast weather my new ball seamers reduced the AI to 6-3 and then 26/4 on the way to shunting them out for 91 in 31.2 overs.

I then managed 133 in 37.5 overs.

AI has come for its second inns, still day one but appears to be less visible grass, and the sun is shining. They have BATTERED me currently being 54-0 off just FOUR overs!!!

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
While we can’t rule out a bug as I have saved an restarted a couple times, I appear to be seeing genuine dynamic weather and pitch wear.

On a grassy dusty pitch in overcast weather my new ball seamers reduced the AI to 6-3 and then 26/4 on the way to shunting them out for 91 in 31.2 overs.

AI has come for its second inns, still day one but appears to be less visible grass, and the sun is shining. They have BATTERED me currently being 54-0 off just FOUR overs!!!
Blockerdave i had sri lanka at 57 /1 yesterday of 15 overs . what i did was openers and top order @ 3 middle order 2 and lower batter 1.

that was for al . me just few alterations . might go back and do few more alterations for my side .

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Hows about this then to show collapses can and do happen.

I put up 357 at the Gabba and thought with the Aus slider settings we have massively favouring the bat it wasnt enough, theyd go 450 plus, and at 89/0 and Warner racing along i knew i was right until...

1641768496665.png

Nine clattered for 93 runs, just one more to get to finish them off then build an unassailable lead hopefully.

Great to see the AI isnt just hard coded to put up big scores every time.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

I think there is a bug because it’s been insane. 10+ an over for over 30 overs. Tested by dragging the run rate down to 2 and they started leaving and defending. Put it back to 17 and carnage again.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
I think there is a bug because it’s been insane. 10+ an over for over 30 overs. Tested by dragging the run rate down to 2 and they started leaving and defending. Put it back to 17 and carnage again.
That sounds bizarre.
Post automatically merged:

I put up 357 at the Gabba and thought with the Aus slider settings we have massively favouring the bat it wasnt enough, theyd go 450 plus, and at 89/0 and Warner racing along i knew i was right until...

View attachment 261201

Nine clattered for 93 runs, just one more to get to finish them off then build an unassailable lead hopefully.

Hazlewood batted like the Don to put on 50 for the last wicket...naturally but Robinson got him to play on to a full one.

Lead of 123 to take with me in the second dig. Shocked how cheaply ive got them out with the wicket chance/pitch friction etc settings in the Aus sliders.

Irtileaf

Club Captain
T
Nothing scientific. There are 15 skill blocks and I will rarely give anyone anything more than 9 for any batting skill. If I want a skill to be shite I leave it on the first block, not great it’s 2-3, ok to decent it’s 3-6 and good/excellent it’s 7+. Try to make sure everyone has a relative weakness and everyone has decent run speed.

Bowlers similar but I don’t find them as overpowered so I can rate them higher.

I will give perks to magnify strengths or weaknesses. Let’s say I want a strong off side player with a short ball weakness I will give him a decent skills on drive and ok on cut, less on glance and hook, I will then perk him for front footing and off side. If I want him really strong on the drive I will perk drive as well. (For variety I will perk drive but not the others for example).

I give every player decent fielding stats, and general fielding proficiency, and try to make them have at least 1 3-4 star fielding position and a relevant fielding perk to their best position.

It’s not perfect as 91-9 would attest. But I am not having anything like the issues others report in the general discussion thread.
Thankyou so much mate. Another question. We will reskill these players by selecting each player from the player menu?
Or can be done through the team menu as well? The manage teams area?

caprikaps

Club Captain
Th

View attachment 261201

This is surprisingly strange. Last night I played Ashes for the first time as Eng - Gabba test day 1, grassy medium pitch, I chose to bowl and I got pretty much the same score/pattern of AI batting as Aussies. They hammered me for first wicket partnership - 99/0 when I got Warner out followed by a similar collapse, 151/8 and then starc & Lyon held the ground for a 50 run partnership before they were bowled out for 202. This makes me think now - with all the testing we are doing with sliders & matches, does that even matter?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Th

This is surprisingly strange. Last night I played Ashes for the first time as Eng - Gabba test day 1, grassy medium pitch, I chose to bowl and I got pretty much the same score/pattern of AI batting as Aussies. They hammered me for first wicket partnership - 99/0 when I got Warner out followed by a similar collapse, 151/8 and then starc & Lyon held the ground for a 50 run partnership before they were bowled out for 202. This makes me think now - with all the testing we are doing with sliders & matches, does that even matter?
I think that is a question we all ask ourselves fairly frequently lol
Post automatically merged:

I won't change SA pitches to medium. Still believe its hard pitches. All the rain recently definitely slowed it down and lowered the bounce. When the sun came out the pitch got quicker and more bouncier.
Fair. You've probably got more knowledge than me, it was more a medium to promote even more bowler friendly conditions than because of a strong link to reality.

A bit of a trade off between the two in that regard, I admit.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
T

Thankyou so much mate. Another question. We will reskill these players by selecting each player from the player menu?
Or can be done through the team menu as well? The manage teams area?
Nah you can’t do it through team (which has always irked me!!) has to be through player but you can filter the player list by team which helps

Users who are viewing this thread