Career Mode in Cricket 22 (Discuss your career here)

OnyaGarry

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
I’ve purchased cricket 22 first game for a while, even though I’m not a fan of watching It can you play the 100 in career mode?

To tell you the truth I don't even really know the whole concept behind The 100 (I've been off the grid for a little while in regards to actually watching cricket) so I'm gonna have to Google the origins to find out more about it. That's just me though. I'm slow.

TommoN

Club Captain
Would love to update on my career mode, but every time I try to play a game it kicks me to the Xbox home page.

Tried simulating but then get the same issue next game.

£50 for this garbage

stanchez47

Little Timmy
Online Cricket Games Owned
Another awesome bug - no matter how well or badly I am bowling in a test my first spell will be 6 overs followed by spells of 5. I’ve taken 2 wickets in an over and have been dragged because I’ve had my 5 overs.

An immersive career experience - get off the H BA!

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Another awesome bug - no matter how well or badly I am bowling in a test my first spell will be 6 overs followed by spells of 5. I’ve taken 2 wickets in an over and have been dragged because I’ve had my 5 overs.

An immersive career experience - get off the H BA!
This happens even if you playing with the whole team in other modes!

Mark1961

School Cricketer
I am now close to finishing my 3rd season in Career mode, and would like to share my thoughts on the game. I try to take into account two things 1) this wasnt made by EA, its a small company 2) Its cricket ... so there is only so much you can do to make it exciting. I play on medium settings.

The Good -
I know there are bugs, but I find the general gameplay quite good. Batting I found quite realistic, some shots work better than others, and I found some of the short pitch bowling annoying. In RL a short ball just outside off stump can still be pulled, I just seem to take a swish in the game unless it is at my body or outside leg stump. I found the difficulty was good, if you were sensible you could score runs, but if you get careless you get out. Bowling I also found quite realistic, as a spin bowler I get quite a few catches behind, and in general like how you control the deliveries. Sometimes it seems a bit random, bowling ideal balls, good line and length, and still getting hit around the park, but then again that happens in RL T20's. Career Progress seems fine after 3 seasons, I am now playing some 1st class 50 over games, obviously I need to progress further to see how well this goes.

The Bad - There are just some aspects of career mode that make this game look cheap, and they are avoidable. The Coach - He comes in the dressing room says just one line, which 90% of the time is completely the opposite of what just happened. Press Conferences - I have had 3 so far, all after big wins, every time the first question is about the heavy loss we just had ?. What is the point of having either of these in career mode, if they bear no relevance to whats actually happening. It feels like these were just thrown in as an after thought. Player Stats/Gym - The game doesnt really give you any idea how the player stats work, in the gym some stats are on 110, but the players overall stats for that will be on 55 or something, so I am confused how this works. Nets - Just freeplay, no goal, can just go on forever. Also using the bowling machine as practise is rubbish. In a game I am getting lots of short balls going all over the place, so I try and practise short balls in Nets, they are all just on the line of the stumps and going just over the stumps, none wide or head height, nothing like in a game.

Verdict -
I do like the game, I do find hitting a 4 or getting a wicket rewarding, and I think it is a really good cricket game. The frustrating thing is that what lets the game down isnt the actual gameplay during a match, its the little touches, and little things around the game which makes it feel cheap. They seem to have made a good job at the hard parts of the game, but messed up the easier bits.

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I am now close to finishing my 3rd season in Career mode, and would like to share my thoughts on the game. I try to take into account two things 1) this wasnt made by EA, its a small company 2) Its cricket ... so there is only so much you can do to make it exciting. I play on medium settings.

The Good -
I know there are bugs, but I find the general gameplay quite good. Batting I found quite realistic, some shots work better than others, and I found some of the short pitch bowling annoying. In RL a short ball just outside off stump can still be pulled, I just seem to take a swish in the game unless it is at my body or outside leg stump. I found the difficulty was good, if you were sensible you could score runs, but if you get careless you get out. Bowling I also found quite realistic, as a spin bowler I get quite a few catches behind, and in general like how you control the deliveries. Sometimes it seems a bit random, bowling ideal balls, good line and length, and still getting hit around the park, but then again that happens in RL T20's. Career Progress seems fine after 3 seasons, I am now playing some 1st class 50 over games, obviously I need to progress further to see how well this goes.

The Bad - There are just some aspects of career mode that make this game look cheap, and they are avoidable. The Coach - He comes in the dressing room says just one line, which 90% of the time is completely the opposite of what just happened. Press Conferences - I have had 3 so far, all after big wins, every time the first question is about the heavy loss we just had ?. What is the point of having either of these in career mode, if they bear no relevance to whats actually happening. It feels like these were just thrown in as an after thought. Player Stats/Gym - The game doesnt really give you any idea how the player stats work, in the gym some stats are on 110, but the players overall stats for that will be on 55 or something, so I am confused how this works. Nets - Just freeplay, no goal, can just go on forever. Also using the bowling machine as practise is rubbish. In a game I am getting lots of short balls going all over the place, so I try and practise short balls in Nets, they are all just on the line of the stumps and going just over the stumps, none wide or head height, nothing like in a game.

Verdict - I do like the game, I do find hitting a 4 or getting a wicket rewarding, and I think it is a really good cricket game. The frustrating thing is that what lets the game down isnt the actual gameplay during a match, its the little touches, and little things around the game which makes it feel cheap. They seem to have made a good job at the hard parts of the game, but messed up the easier bits.
I'm at roughly the same stage and agree with most of what you said. I feel also they have missed out so many small touches and extra stats that could be implemented, players CV, track international results weather involved or not, crazy unrealistic crowds and BEING able to see the final standings of a competition without it disappearing after your final game. No idea if I finished top of any tables, that's just rubbish. They haven't even included everything from C19 career mode. I love the game and it's generally close to being great but currently there are lots of 'immerseable' parts missing. Also whats happened with the fielding since the last patch, the cancel run button seems to trigger a comical set of events. Fielders kicking the ball, batsman diving sideways along the crease line and then the keeper stumping once the batsman moves out of the crease but the game just moves on!?

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
I'm at roughly the same stage and agree with most of what you said. I feel also they have missed out so many small touches and extra stats that could be implemented, players CV, track international results weather involved or not, crazy unrealistic crowds and BEING able to see the final standings of a competition without it disappearing after your final game. No idea if I finished top of any tables, that's just rubbish. They haven't even included everything from C19 career mode. I love the game and it's generally close to being great but currently there are lots of 'immerseable' parts missing. Also whats happened with the fielding since the last patch, the cancel run button seems to trigger a comical set of events. Fielders kicking the ball, batsman diving sideways along the crease line and then the keeper stumping once the batsman moves out of the crease but the game just moves on!?
I agree... I miss something as simple as the Manhattan screen in my career mode. I used to go to that screen quite often to track my stats. But now we have a fancy new screen showing the top performers during a competition, and after the last game it disappears, so what's the point of even having it then? I want to be able to access the stats of previous competitions and see who ended up in the top positions. I would also suggest that straight after a competition has been completed, a screen comes up showing the top 5 batsmen, bowlers and overall top performers with a summary of their stats. (They can even add a little cutscene where the player of the tournament receives a trophy or something like that).

Like so many other ideas the foundation is there, but it hasn't been fine tuned. If these ideas were fully developed and implemented correctly and the gameplay wasn't such a mess, this would have been a brilliant game. I mean, I like the idea of having coaches and team chats and press conferences etc, because it adds to the overall experience of a career mode, but then it let's us down, because why would your club coach be the same coach for every other team as well? Why would I have the exact same chat and introduction to the team I have been playing with for years? Team talks and press conferences.. great idea, but then they are so broken it is just sad to see. You lose a match by a big margin and the coach stands up in the bus and says something like, well done guys that was brilliant. So the platform is there, but with all the bugs, every idea that should have added value to the career experience has become something that has done the exact opposite and is now only a huge frustration.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I agree... I miss something as simple as the Manhattan screen in my career mode. I used to go to that screen quite often to track my stats. But now we have a fancy new screen showing the top performers during a competition, and after the last game it disappears, so what's the point of even having it then? I want to be able to access the stats of previous competitions and see who ended up in the top positions. I would also suggest that straight after a competition has been completed, a screen comes up showing the top 5 batsmen, bowlers and overall top performers with a summary of their stats. (They can even add a little cutscene where the player of the tournament receives a trophy or something like that).

Like so many other ideas the foundation is there, but it hasn't been fine tuned. If these ideas were fully developed and implemented correctly and the gameplay wasn't such a mess, this would have been a brilliant game. I mean, I like the idea of having coaches and team chats and press conferences etc, because it adds to the overall experience of a career mode, but then it let's us down, because why would your club coach be the same coach for every other team as well? Why would I have the exact same chat and introduction to the team I have been playing with for years? Team talks and press conferences.. great idea, but then they are so broken it is just sad to see. You lose a match by a big margin and the coach stands up in the bus and says something like, well done guys that was brilliant. So the platform is there, but with all the bugs, every idea that should have added value to the career experience has become something that has done the exact opposite and is now only a huge frustration.
Well said , attention to detail on career mode is terrible, some features not working, some just wrong or badly implemented like the same coach for every team , but then again if the game play keeps improving we do have a basis of a decent game.

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
Well said , attention to detail on career mode is terrible, some features not working, some just wrong or badly implemented like the same coach for every team , but then again if the game play keeps improving we do have a basis of a decent game.
Spot on. Sort out the gameplay once and for all, then fine tune all these added features and after that add more content and add a little more to the game. Another frustration I have is the fact that we have been using the same pads, gloves, glasses and shoes since DBC14/17... in DBC at least we had some variety and some modern looking pads, but now we are stuck with the same standard pads and gloves game after game. And on top of that, currently in career mode it doesn't matter which gloves you choose, it defaults to one design only. So I was wondering, if BAS have the licensing to add the bats from brands like Kookaburra, GM, Gray-Nicolls etc, surely they can add some of their official pads and gloves to the game as well? And add some fresh new designs that we can customize too.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
We have the basis for a decent game from DBC14.... the problem is they keep starting over and never use the previous basis as a starting point for the new game...

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Diving back into career mode as my love/hate relationship with C22 continues. Really enjoyed the Big Bash season (my first), weird thing happened though as I was made captain with about four regular season games to go (after I made 120 odd). I had a good season averaging 45 with the bat but its a bit weird to hand me the keys so early lol

20220118134603_1.jpg 20220118155041_1.jpg

A few glaring errors though in the BBL:
- DRS - shouldn't be there.
- No option to select powerplay in the second ten overs.
- When bowling, when opposition use their pp, I can still have five guys out for some reason.

Another thing I like, only just noticed, is the varied ground shapes, which was something quite a few wanted toward the end of C19's life.

20220117193752_1.jpg

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
We have the basis for a decent game from DBC14.... the problem is they keep starting over and never use the previous basis as a starting point for the new game...
Yeah no argument on that , things like AI field placement, AI last ball smash which has rendered bowling a not stater for me , and a whole list of other things that have carried over game after game , C19 with some additional features and most obvious problems sorted would have done me

Users who are viewing this thread