Mouseydread's Classic Cricket Teams

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded England 1970s.

An interesting era of politicking, crisis, Geoff Boycott's exile from the team and constant intrigue around the captaincy.

It is an interesting array of talent led by probably the most controversial player of the era who would one day become a beloved commentator, Tony Greig. There are some openers, Geoff Boycott (when he can be bothered to play), Brian Luckhurst and the talented John Edrich.

The main batting lacked star names though had some talent in the sytlish Mike Denness, Essex's own Keith Fletcher, and the very underrated DL Amiss (the man who pioneered the helmet on the world stage). Beyond these three batsmen, there is the popular, master fielder, Derek Randall, cerebral grey haired, Mike Brearley, keeper batsman Alan Knott (world class keeper) and the up and coming Graham Gooch. David Gower and Ian Botham who came onto the scene later in the decade.

The bowling unit does have one big star of the early to mid 1970s in world class spinner, Derek Underwood and very good seamers and swingers in Old, Arnold, JK Lever, Hendrick and paceman Bob Willis and the young Botham.

This side should be good to use as their batting will provide a challenge and there is tons of variety in their bowling.

Enjoy!

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
Uploaded England 1970s.

An interesting era of politicking, crisis, Geoff Boycott's exile from the team and constant intrigue around the captaincy.

It is an interesting array of talent led by probably the most controversial player of the era who would one day become a beloved commentator, Tony Greig. There are some openers, Geoff Boycott (when he can be bothered to play), Brian Luckhurst and the talented John Edrich.

The main batting lacked star names though had some talent in the sytlish Mike Denness, Essex's own Keith Fletcher, and the very underrated DL Amiss (the man who pioneered the helmet on the world stage). Beyond these three batsmen, there is the popular, master fielder, Derek Randall, cerebral grey haired, Mike Brearley, keeper batsman Alan Knott (world class keeper) and the up and coming Graham Gooch. David Gower and Ian Botham who came onto the scene later in the decade.

The bowling unit does have one big star of the early to mid 1970s in world class spinner, Derek Underwood and very good seamers and swingers in Old, Arnold, JK Lever, Hendrick and paceman Bob Willis and the young Botham.

This side should be good to use as their batting will provide a challenge and there is tons of variety in their bowling.

Enjoy!
Really enjoying this one - many thanks. As England I reduced India to 98-3 before lunch with Snow taking Gavaskar on 48.

That's with an AI run rate of 30. They started at about 2 an over and gradually accelerated to just over 3 in a realistic fashion, only putting a few balls in the air before lunch. At last we have something like realistic gameplay.

Only thing I noticed was player kits had numbers and odd ones had helmets - this is easy to change though. Overall a great realistic team!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Really enjoying this one - many thanks. As England I reduced India to 98-3 before lunch with Snow taking Gavaskar on 48.

That's with an AI run rate of 30. They started at about 2 an over and gradually accelerated to just over 3 in a realistic fashion, only putting a few balls in the air before lunch. At last we have something like realistic gameplay.

Only thing I noticed was player kits had numbers and odd ones had helmets - this is easy to change though. Overall a great realistic team!
The numbering is more for me so I see who is running to the ball :) , one of ,my little quirks - I really like this team too.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded Pakistan 1970s.

This was the first decade where Pakistan became competitive in World Cricket. They had by now collected some excellent players who played also in the English Championship and by the end of the decade had become household names.

My grandfather would sit and watch these players on a Sunday afternoon when the old Sunday League Cricket would be on, it was there that I saw Majid Khan and Zaheer Abbas for the first time, their batting caught my eye, and my grandfather would tell me why there great.

The side was led mostly by all rounder , Mushtaq Mohammad, the batting possesses the artistry of Majid Khan and Zaheer Abbas, the solidity of Sadiq Mohammad, and Muddassar Nazar, and the occasional brilliance of Asif Iqbal, Wasim Raja, Haroon Rasheed, the reliability of one of the best keepers, Wasim Bari, and the young genius of Javed Miandad.

This side
has young bowlers like Imran Khan, Abdul Qadir, Iqbal Qasim, and was led by the colorful Sarfraz Nawaz and the tearaway underrated Sikander Bahkt, and the man with the most interesting bowling run up in history, Asif Masood.

All came together and set light to a cricketing fire that burns bright to this day.

Not sure where I got the One Day Uniform from (It is a modern version) but thank you!

I also updated Imran's face, and Javed's perks as they seem to have gone missing, something I noticed today is that some perks seem to have disappeared, I will keep an eye on this.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded New Zealand 1970s.

Nez Zealand cricket came of age in the 1970s.

The batting was led by opener Glenn Turner who world class during the 1970s, the rest of the batting is anchored by Bev Congdon, Mark Burgess, Geoff Howarth, John Parker and Brian Hastings. Ken Wadsworth was another star performer behind the stumps, backed up by Warren Lees. There is a young talented Jeremy Coney waiting in the wings.

The bowling led by Richard Hadlee, ably backed up by Richard Collinge and the all-round talents of Bruce Taylor, Hedley Howarth, and the exciting Lance Cairns.

Dayle Hadlee, Rob Thompson and David O'Sullivan are capable back ups to the squad.

I think I've done all the major nations of the 1970s.

West Indies - complete
England - complete
Australia - complete
India - complete.
Pakistan - complete
New Zealand - complete
World Team - complete

I will do a South Africa 1970s, even though they were banned from international cricket, many of the players played in the English Championship and played against many Test players.
I will come back and do Sri Lanka 1970s - though not yet a Test Nation, many would be in their inaugural test line up and become touring rebels, Arosa Sri
Lanka.

Enjoy!!

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Uploaded New Zealand 1970s.

Nez Zealand cricket came of age in the 1970s.

The batting was led by opener Glenn Turner who world class during the 1970s, the rest of the batting is anchored by Bev Congdon, Mark Burgess, Geoff Howarth, John Parker and Brian Hastings. Ken Wadsworth was another star performer behind the stumps, backed up by Warren Lees. There is a young talented Jeremy Coney waiting in the wings.

The bowling led by Richard Hadlee, ably backed up by Richard Collinge and the all-round talents of Bruce Taylor, Hedley Howarth, and the exciting Lance Cairns.

Dayle Hadlee, Rob Thompson and David O'Sullivan are capable back ups to the squad.

I think I've done all the major nations of the 1970s.

West Indies - complete
England - complete
Australia - complete
India - complete.
Pakistan - complete
New Zealand - complete
World Team - complete

I will do a South Africa 1970s, even though they were banned from international cricket, many of the players played in the English Championship and played against many Test players.
I will come back and do Sri Lanka 1970s - though not yet a Test Nation, many would be in their inaugural test line up and become touring rebels, Arosa Sri
Lanka.

Enjoy!!
Just discovering all these uploads. Can you add individual players to teams or do you have to play with the full team if that makes sense like can I add warne to the Yorkshire team ? Cheers and great work

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Just discovering all these uploads. Can you add individual players to teams or do you have to play with the full team if that makes sense like can I add warne to the Yorkshire team ? Cheers and great work
In Most Big Ant Games. like Cricket 22, the customisation is almost limitless. You could add Warne to Yorkshire if you want to. :) Or Root could play for anyteam in the world.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded Pakistan 1980s.

The 1980s Pakistan side had it all, from the mid to late 80s they even held their own against the all conquering West indies of that era which says a lot. They now had superstars to go with their veteran core from the 1970s. Leading the way was the mercurial batsman, Javed Miandad a man not to back down from anyone who would frustrate teams with his precise batting, Javed was also one of my early cricket heroes, he was just a bundle to talent and trouble!

Imran Khan had emerged as one of the 4 best allrounders of the era (Botham, Hadlee and Dev) being the others. Imran's leadership was excellent throughout the era, though Javed would test him throughout!

The supporting cast consisted of the brilliant but now veteran, Zaheer Abbas, an emerging teenage talent that would emerge in the 90s as one of the worlds best in bowler Wasim Akram. There was the later to be controversial Salim Malik, the defensive minded Shoaib Mohammad, intelligent Mudassar Nazar, veteran Majid Khan, promising Ijaz Ahmed, the genius of Abdul Qadir, the handsome opener Mohsin Khan, the Raja brothers in first Wasim and then his more famous brother Ramiz, veteran Sarfaz Nawaz, spinner Iqbal Qasim, resourceful Tahir Naqquash and Azeem Hafeem and talented keepers Wasim Bari and his young successor Saleem Yousuf.

So many of my favourite players here, Mohsin, Majid, Abdul Qadir, Javed and Imran.

This should be an exciting team to use or play against.

24 players make this squad.

Enjoy!!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded Australia 1980s.

A transitional era, with Dennis Lillee, Greg Chappell and Rodney Marsh, three of their best players calling it a day by 1984. Jeff Thomson another of their 1970s great would call it a day soon after. This left Australia weakened, further so with defections to play on rebel teams. Still they revived by winning a World Cup in 1987, and dominant Ashes win in 1989.

There are many stars of the era here, a few I've rated on some of the individual teams I've uploaded that also made the 70s Squad.

However there are many in the squad of 32 that I had not rated before on Cricket 22.

So the team despite the transition still has excellent players, Geoff Marsh, Bruce Laird, John Dyson, Andrew Hilditch, and Graeme Wood will battle over the opening slots. Alan Border leads the batsmen, with Kim Hughes, Graham Yallop, David Hookes, Dean Jones, Kepler Wessells, Greg Ritchie and David Boon, will fight for the batting. Ian Healey will grab the gloves from Marsh.

Australia had some good bowlers, Geoff Lawson, Terry Alderman, Craig McDermott, 6 ft 8 left armer, Bruce Reid, Merv Hughes, Rodney Hogg, Carl Rackeman and earlier in the decade, spinner Bruce Yardley and later in the decade Greg Matthews. The sad thing was that Hogg and Rackeman were very quick but lost their way and Reid who should have been a world beater faded due to injuries.

Still the foundations were in place including Steve Waugh by the 1987 World Cup and it led to the beginning of a successful era in the 1990s and 2000s.

Enjoy!

The uniforms can be downloaded from @Rowdoss

I will update mine too which are Vanilla.

Last edited:

joe2517

Club Captain
Uploaded Australia 1980s.

A transitional era, with Dennis Lillee, Greg Chappell and Rodney Marsh, three of their best players calling it a day by 1984. Jeff Thomson another of their 1970s great would call it a day soon after. This left Australia weakened, further so with defections to play on rebel teams. Still they revived by winning a World Cup in 1987, and dominant Ashes win in 1989.

There are many stars of the era here, a few I've rated on some of the individual teams I've uploaded that also made the 70s Squad.

However there are many in the squad of 32 that I had not rated before on Cricket 22.

So the team despite the transition still has excellent players, Geoff Marsh, Bruce Laird, John Dyson, Andrew Hilditch, and Graeme Wood will battle over the opening slots. Alan Border leads the batsmen, with Kim Hughes, Graham Yallop, David Hookes, Dean Jones, Kepler Wessells, Greg Ritchie and David Boon, will fight for the batting. Ian Healey will grab the gloves from Marsh.

Australia had some good bowlers, Geoff Lawson, Terry Alderman, Craig McDermott, 6 ft 8 left armer, Bruce Reid, Merv Hughes, Rodney Hogg, Carl Rackeman and earlier in the decade, spinner Bruce Yardley and later in the decade Greg Matthews. The sad thing was that Hogg and Rackeman were very quick but lost their way and Reid who should have been a world beater faded due to injuries.

Still the foundations were in place including Steve Waugh by the 1987 World Cup and it led to the beginning of a successful era in the 1990s and 2000s.

Enjoy!

The uniforms can be downloaded from @Rowdoss

I will update mine too which are Vanilla.
how to get the player faces for the earlier years like border boon and all of the teams u mentioned uniforms can be downloaded you mentioned above what about the faces to go with the uniforms where can i download the faces pls thanks.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
how to get the player faces for the earlier years like border boon and all of the teams u mentioned uniforms can be downloaded you mentioned above what about the faces to go with the uniforms where can i download the faces pls thanks.
go onto the academy and do a search and you will be able to see if the player you want has a face.

Users who are viewing this thread