Career Mode in Cricket 22 (Discuss your career here)

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Ok so it does activate in career mode but a bit strange that you don't get the chance to play in both each year. As I guess your probably one of the best players in your game so should get an offer.
IPL auction is back for me
Post automatically merged:

All that excitement and not selected again

Attachments

• 835DBFE1-6540-4C43-920D-8778DEDF528A.jpeg
    835DBFE1-6540-4C43-920D-8778DEDF528A.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 33
  • A9CAF8C9-8D22-47A1-847B-FC76264E744B.jpeg
    A9CAF8C9-8D22-47A1-847B-FC76264E744B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 32

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Post automatically merged:

All that excitement and not selected again
That's annoying, be interested to know what your strike rate is for batting in T20s or your economy & average for bowling in T20s is. Surely that's one of the factors to get selected or they just don't like your tattoos.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That's annoying, be interested to know what your strike rate is for batting in T20s or your economy & average for bowling in T20s is. Surely that's one of the factors to get selected or they just don't like your tattoos.
I'm guessing overall rating and the position/type of player you are is a factor. Eg: If you're an opener rated at 89, and there are ten other players rated higher (in combination with stats) then they probably get picked first. Pure guess on my part though.

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I'm guessing overall rating and the position/type of player you are is a factor. Eg: If you're an opener rated at 89, and there are ten other players rated higher (in combination with stats) then they probably get picked first. Pure guess on my part though.
Yeah agree there will be many factors involved and I like that getting into the most prestige tournament is quite hard but I'm hoping not to hard! Be good to hear others stories if they have had any success.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeah agree there will be many factors involved and I like that getting into the most prestige tournament is quite hard but I'm hoping not to hard! Be good to hear others stories if they have had any success.
I've found getting into the Australia side quite hard which I enjoy, I'm not a gun international star by seventeen this time as was in C19 lol.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
was offered a place in a Sheffield shield team which i took I was them offered the captaincy which i accepted next thing there is a cut scene of me being introduced/congratulated as the new captain of Middlesex and of course i am not the captain of Middlesex.
These types of things whilst don't matter in the grand scheme of things still shouldn't be happening they should be quite simple to fix.It just shows how poorly certain parts of career mode were coded.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Can you edit teams in career mode after starting one?

I'd like to start, but I don't want to get to the Australian team and be against a whole bunch of unlicensed teams.

But on the other hand using the Academy is such a pain that I really don't want to have to edit them all now.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Can you edit teams in career mode after starting one?

I'd like to start, but I don't want to get to the Australian team and be against a whole bunch of unlicensed teams.

But on the other hand using the Academy is such a pain that I really don't want to have to edit them all now.
Can't edit licenced teams in general. You can edit teams but they'll have no effect on your current career mode save. If you want to get into the national team quickly, I would suggest lowering selection difficulty, it would get you into the team before some retire.

One thing to keep in mind is what you play as: example: if you are an opener you will replace an opener, if you bat at 4, will replace a number 4/5 batsmen and so on.

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
this beautiful ground in somehwere in banglades village ..

Attachments

• 275758556_416926013570459_6701250280546225913_n.jpg
    275758556_416926013570459_6701250280546225913_n.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 21

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Year 11 in career mode - not picked in the hundred draft. Bit bemused as I’m 92 rating and stats are right up there in test and better than loads who were picked I’m just hoping it’s because my short format stats aren’t as good as that’s the IPL and Hundred I’ve missed out on now going to knuckle down for the full year and improve short format and see what happens

swagat das

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Year 11 in career mode - not picked in the hundred draft. Bit bemused as I’m 92 rating and stats are right up there in test and better than loads who were picked I’m just hoping it’s because my short format stats aren’t as good as that’s the IPL and Hundred I’ve missed out on now going to knuckle down for the full year and improve short format and see what happens
At the age of 28 I got the option to be in IPL Auction but unfortunately they didn’t selected me, then I got selected to represent my country and then next year at the age 29, I didn’t even got any option to apply for IPL auction and then I looked for next year and fortunately at the age of 30 I got selected to play IPL for KKR and then Hundred draft came but didn’t get selected.
So, looking for next year Hundred draft and hope that they will take me this time.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
At the age of 28 I got the option to be in IPL Auction but unfortunately they didn’t selected me, then I got selected to represent my country and then next year at the age 29, I didn’t even got any option to apply for IPL auction and then I looked for next year and fortunately at the age of 30 I got selected to play IPL for KKR and then Hundred draft came but didn’t get selected.
So, looking for next year Hundred draft and hope that they will take me this time.
It’s gutting isn’t it having to wait another 12 months I’m hoping it’s sorted purely on form and nothing else because I’ve seen players selected who are bang average on the game with ratings of 65

swagat das

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
It’s gutting isn’t it having to wait another 12 months I’m hoping it’s sorted purely on form and nothing else because I’ve seen players selected who are bang average on the game with ratings of 65
Ya may be

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Can't edit licenced teams in general. You can edit teams but they'll have no effect on your current career mode save. If you want to get into the national team quickly, I would suggest lowering selection difficulty, it would get you into the team before some retire.

One thing to keep in mind is what you play as: example: if you are an opener you will replace an opener, if you bat at 4, will replace a number 4/5 batsmen and so on.

Does this mean if we play against India it'll have no name players and there is nothing you can do about it?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Does this mean if we play against India it'll have no name players and there is nothing you can do about it?
India aren't a licenced team so you can download the team and faces.

Users who are viewing this thread