Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Played a couple of matches and looks like the weird fielding I mentioned above was just a one off thing.

Things that I liked:
1) Fielding. Defnt improvement. Especially the response. Fielders no longer save the boundary, go for a stroll come back and throw the ball. They are quickly coming back and throwing it back.
2) Camera zoom out bug : Fixed.
3) More natural feeling diving attempts.

Things that I didnt like
1) fielders still throwing ball to the keeper / bowler who are far from the stumps, when they have a greater chance of direct hit and getting the batter out.
2) WK still acts like Flash while keeping up to the stumps.(small sample size, so I could be wrong)
Nothing else. Found the rest pretty good so far.

Last edited:

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Played for half an hour. Looks like the fielding and the commentary has improved a lot.
Bro, just a Q. Can we replicate this year's IndianPL format ? IT's a bit tricky and confusing as it is, but any idea how to do it in the game?

Mr Snrub

International Cricketer
Have trialled 2 seperate 2-player games tonight. There seems to be several improvements and I'd like to be able to talk about and focus on those, but there was a very worrying thing that happened in both games several times. We tried to watch closely to analyze what seemed to be the common factor.

The setup we were using.

Broadcast 1 batting view, Semi Auto Fielding, vs gameplay

What was happening was that catches were going into the outfield (and occasionally infield) and no catching game would come up, the ball would just whizz past the fielders. This happened whenever the catch was what I would describe as low to medium arc through the air. When catches were higher to very high arc, this did not seem to happen.

Once we noticed this, we tested by slogging from that point on in game 1 and 2. It happened overall 7 out of 11 times we tried to catch the ball over two games. The person I was playing with seems to feel that, pre-empting the catching game by moving the direction early seemed to be a factor, but I'm unsure if that was part of the reason.

Most times it looks like the catching game is about be triggered, but it doesn't. This happened a lot, over more than one game.

Also a super fast wicketkeeper catching game popped up once in each game. The amount of time it was up would've been no more than 2/10's of a second.

It was the first and only time I've had something happen so much over more than one game that I thought, this is surely a hotfix situation. Both games ceased to have any quality due to the frequency of what happened. If anyone else is getting this please let BA know through here.

noys390

Club Cricketer
I cherish the fact that BigAnt is providing regular patches but this time specially I do not see any AI improvements and gameplay improvements added. There are many issues reported or discussed here on the forum in recent times, don't know why BigAnt has not acted on any. Cosmetic changes fine like adding players, teams or stadiums, but AI improvements and gameplay improvements are what most people are looking for.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Post patch, squeezed in a few mins of play. I noticed that Athers said “That’s at least one.” which is the sort of not too specific commentary that I think would’ve always been better. It’s somebody saying something but they’ve kind of covered themselves. I know, I know… I should turn commentary off!

I also played a late defensive shot to a bouncer which hit my batter’s arm… and went back over the bowler for six!!!

I also recently had Jake Lintott take a first three balls hat-trick in a T10 International… which I just had to share!!!

rangersw12

Club Captain
They need to reset the game back to what it was like 3 patches ago and then take a while to sort things out .

Every patch since the peak of a few weeks has made it worse

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Bro, just a Q. Can we replicate this year's IndianPL format ? IT's a bit tricky and confusing as it is, but any idea how to do it in the game?
I don't think that can be done in the game. I think even the BCCI is confused with the current format. All we can do is play 2 games against each team.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I cherish the fact that BigAnt is providing regular patches but this time specially I do not see any AI improvements and gameplay improvements added. There are many issues reported or discussed here on the forum in recent times, don't know why BigAnt has not acted on any. Cosmetic changes fine like adding players, teams or stadiums, but AI improvements and gameplay improvements are what most people are looking for.
I think they really focused on fielding this time around and now we have something which is somewhat close to perfection in terms of fielding. I am having fully assisted fielding and looked perfect to me. But one of the above posts mentioned about the mini game not showing. If that's the case, they should consider a hotfix.

Overall the game feels better now and I hope they will be focusing on other gameplay improvement including the AI tuning and stuff in the forthcoming patches.

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Post patch, squeezed in a few mins of play. I noticed that Athers said “That’s at least one.” which is the sort of not too specific commentary that I think would’ve always been better. It’s somebody saying something but they’ve kind of covered themselves. I know, I know… I should turn commentary off!

I also played a late defensive shot to a bouncer which hit my batter’s arm… and went back over the bowler for six!!!

I also recently had Jake Lintott take a first three balls hat-trick in a T10 International… which I just had to share!!!
I had Wasim take a 3 wicket maiden in a T20 PSL game in career mode, it was quite special to witness. He did however go for 16 in his final over which ruined his stats unfortunately.

Any improvements in career mode?
I'm praying so, the bare minimum I would like is to see the final standings of tournaments after they have finished. The data is surely in the game but just not accessible.

zafar_sheikh

Club Captain
Hi everyone... I bought the game 2 days back... I am a batting person so for me batting gameplay was important and definitely it's better than cric 19. Since inception I use to play on classic control so it's better than cric 19.

I really enjoyed batting in cric 22. Surprisingly AI was able to bowled me on a yorker which was not the case in cric 19.

I didn't find fielding bug in a match before the latest patch. But i guess when you put fielding and running camera on broadcast 3 it doesn't trigger.

AI fielding is improved after the latest patch. Realistic looking diving attempts and match changing diving catch was awesome.

I also didn't find any crashes or strutting issues in night matches.

Overall I can say it didn't waste my money.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread