Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Just to carry on the conversation, because we really can't talk about clouds enough.

This was the last match I played at Kensington Oval:

View attachment 266309

View attachment 266310

On day 4, the sun came out, and the clouds went away:

View attachment 266311

Can't say I noticed anything untoward about the shadows in truth. In fact, here's both the scoreboard and floodlight casting a shadow on the sunny day 4:

View attachment 266312

I'd also say the shadows are far darker/more pronounced on the sunny images than the ones with some cloud cover, as it should be.
Yeah superb. I didn't get a shadow for the floodlight though and the sun was out. So something was up!

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah and I’ve seen light clouds. What shouldn’t happen here though is the shadow from the sun disappear. The pitch became lit up like it was a night match

Just to carry on the conversation, because we really can't talk about clouds enough.

This was the last match I played at Kensington Oval:

View attachment 266309

View attachment 266310

On day 4, the sun came out, and the clouds went away:

View attachment 266311

Can't say I noticed anything untoward about the shadows in truth. In fact, here's both the scoreboard and floodlight casting a shadow on the sunny day 4:

View attachment 266312

I'd also say the shadows are far darker/more pronounced on the sunny images than the ones with some cloud cover, as it should be.
Had a similar weather setup in my current SA vs Ban Test. clouds up until day 4 - and think I could see fine rain if I looked hard enough, then full sun on
day 4 and 5. Just want to be able to pick the exact weather conditions - then I will be happier

noys390

County Cricketer
Had a similar weather setup in my current SA vs Ban Test. clouds up until day 4 - and think I could see fine rain if I looked hard enough, then full sun on
day 4 and 5. Just want to be able to pick the exact weather conditions - then I will be happier
Yes, cloudy sky should there.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Do we have super overs in competition mode?

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
View attachment 266330
Good news! Clouds are back. They arrived with the second ball of day 2. First ball was clear when the weather forecast said cloudy and 23 degrees but they are here.
Yes - minor bug there I also experienced where it is blue sky for 1 ball (or 1 over) then suddenly the weather kicks in

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes - minor bug there I also experienced where it is blue sky for 1 ball (or 1 over) then suddenly the weather kicks in
Its always been like that. Likewise on a cloudy day, when it hits a certain time late afternoon, most clouds are gone. Definitely a bug but its been there for quite some time.

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
It’s sad that it doesn’t surprise me. It’s like if you watch any highlights the weather and time of day is the same as where you are playing. It won’t change as per when the highlight was captured.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
It’s sad that it doesn’t surprise me. It’s like if you watch any highlights the weather and time of day is the same as where you are playing. It won’t change as per when the highlight was captured.
Its the small things like this that baffle me. These weren't issues in C19 but suddenly all these little one percenters pop up in C22 and add up to being somewhat annoying.

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Its the small things like this that baffle me. These weren't issues in C19 but suddenly all these little one percenters pop up in C22 and add up to being somewhat annoying.
Yeah I was thinking this wasn’t an issue in 19 but haven’t gone back to check. It is those bits that just add up. Ross said he’s happy where the game is but it feels unpolished still with stuff like this.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeah I was thinking this wasn’t an issue in 19 but haven’t gone back to check. It is those bits that just add up. Ross said he’s happy where the game is but it feels unpolished still with stuff like this.
I enjoy it in bursts. But its a game that was in development for a year and a half and it shows in all areas imo.

Users who are viewing this thread