Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Well that was new, 2 T20s and I didn’t manage to take a wicket with spin and in addition to that, the AI went at over 8 an over against my spinner. Good to see

Provided it's not once again completely arbitrary as before & always 8+ per over, every over. Some more realistic deviation both down & up in the run rates is definitely required, & the AI also shouldn't always just hammer the human bowler alone while the AI bowlers in the same match are often economical in comparison!!!!

Otherwise, the AI is finally using a good range of shots as well & not just the same old cuts or completely over using the ridiculous leg side pick ups from outside of the offside wide crease markers for every scripted run.

I'm also seeing the AI advancing a lot more now, & playing some decent scoops & ramps. If BA could finally get the AI to mix in some sweeps & reverse sweeps again (for whatever reason they just stopped using them entirely), some very occasional helicopter & swats that were included in the day one C22, & a good range of grounded orthodox shots back in the mix that C19 used to have before The 100 DLC messed up AI shot selection entirely that was also carried over to C22 from C19, things would actually be damn near presentable. Most would finally deem that an acceptable experience as far as the AI batting was concerned at least:)!!

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Provided it's not once again completely arbitrary as before & always 8+ per over, every over. Some more realistic deviation both down & up in the run rates is definitely required, & the AI also shouldn't always just hammer the human bowler alone while the AI bowlers in the same match are often economical in comparison!!!!

Otherwise, the AI is finally using a good range of shots as well & not just the same old cuts or completely over using the ridiculous leg side pick ups from outside of the offside wide crease markers for every scripted run.

I'm also seeing the AI advancing a lot more now, & playing some decent scoops & ramps. If BA could finally get the AI to mix in some sweeps & reverse sweeps again (for whatever reason they just stopped using them entirely), some very occasional helicopter & swats that were included in the day one C22, & a good range of grounded orthodox shots back in the mix that C19 used to have before The 100 DLC messed up AI shot selection entirely that was also carried over to C22 from C19, things would actually be damn near presentable. Most would finally deem that an acceptable experience as far as the AI batting was concerned at least:)!!
Definitely a good mix, Anderson only went for 20 off his 4 overs, but was wicketless yet they took my other seamer for 20 off 2 overs, so was certainly an improvement

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Oh good grief, the old shoey/boot dismissal hasn't been improved one iota at least in FC/tests. (It may be a little better in the shorter formats but it's no better at all in the long format.)

I've just bowled a FC five'fer 1st innings & a four'fer 2nd innings & five of them were classic shoe dismissals.

Rhone

County Cricketer
Oh good grief, the old shoey/boot dismissal hasn't been improved one iota at least in FC/tests. (It may be a little better in the shorter formats but it's no better at all in the long format.)

I've just bowled a FC five'fer 1st innings & a four'fer 2nd innings & five of them were classic shoe dismissals.
I tested this as well and you are right. The boot dismissal is, if anything, more common now.

It just fascinates me how they keep claiming to have 'fixed' things. Their patch notes are just a list of known bugs that may or may not be fixed.

tsn1499

School Cricketer
Anyone know why the stadiums are always 50-25% empty? I'm playing on the PS4 and even while playing Intl matches or the IPL the stadium has empty seats which should not be the case. I don't think this is a bug or anything which is why I'm posting here.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Anyone know why the stadiums are always 50-25% empty? I'm playing on the PS4 and even while playing Intl matches or the IPL the stadium has empty seats which should not be the case. I don't think this is a bug or anything which is why I'm posting here.
Been like that since launch. No idea what the thinking behind it is.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain

I’ve been lucky not had 1 bat/boot dismissal since patch (played over 20 games in diff formats) although you can tell when it is supposed to happen the way the ball just dies off the bat. Had a couple of the flicks to leg off spinners but not as many as before

Hester

County Cricketer
I think they did it with tests in mind because each day sees the stadium get more full. That's the only reason I can think of and yes it proves they are crazy.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I’ve been lucky not had 1 bat/boot dismissal since patch (played over 20 games in diff formats) although you can tell when it is supposed to happen the way the ball just dies off the bat. Had a couple of the flicks to leg off spinners but not as many as before

Indeed, I also got 2x of the leg flick catches to short leg/leg slip on top of the 5x boot bouncers in the same match. (I've played several innings without seeing any since the patch & then bam, they just all come in a massive cluster instead.)

It's as if they've somehow tried to tweak them out in part but another setting or another uncorrected script or coding is still active that still needs to course correct or balance somehow, so they're now coming in large clusters in one match rather than a constant stream being spread out across consecutive matches. (Either way, we can't win can we!!)

Still seems to be a story of a developer who truly doesn't actually understand their own game engine after all this time or the testing that's now supposed to be standard before a new patch is released is still nothing more than cursory. These oddities just keep on coming down the line for us to identify & whinge about.

My physics & AI sliders are at their defaults & legendary, bowling & fielding settings are back to default hard now they've finally fixed the release timing bug, & my batting settings are toughened up from the default hard. (The main settings governing the AI are ultimately default, however, it's not like I'm going mad with adjusting sliders in C22 that could technically introduce unforeseen issues.)

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey guys. I can’t find all South African domestic teams. Anyone have a list of names please?

Skillzy

School Cricketer
When you use "Pace bowling visual speed" at 100 it messes up with Timing window for early and late shot as well. It makes shots unrealistic. Like I can hit the ball way early still it will be registered as "Ideal Timing"(I mean far before ball reaches batsman). I find it better keeping it lower and increasing the "Min and Max Pace Bowling Speed". Also "Spin Bowling Visual Speed" at 0 and 100 is identical. Why would they give this setting then. :facepalm2:

Hester

County Cricketer
I had 3 in 2 overs with Dean Elgar the other day.

Hester

County Cricketer
When you use "Pace bowling visual speed" at 100 it messes up with Timing window for early and late shot as well. It makes shots unrealistic. Like I can hit the ball way early still it will be registered as "Ideal Timing"(I mean far before ball reaches batsman). I find it better keeping it lower and increasing the "Min and Max Pace Bowling Speed". Also "Spin Bowling Visual Speed" at 0 and 100 is identical. Why would they give this setting then. :facepalm2:
These settings are messed up. All my spin bowlers bowl at 55-59mph, which is just ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread