Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
Wasn’t this introduced back in DBC 17? I remember there being such a furore when first discovered.

It was either DBC17 or a late DBC14 build. Suddenly the game had bat pad catches in it when previously they'd almost never happened, and there was much rejoicing until everyone realised it was happening way too often now and needed to be nerfed considerably.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It was either DBC17 or a late DBC14 build. Suddenly the game had bat pad catches in it when previously they'd almost never happened, and there was much rejoicing until everyone realised it was happening way too often now and needed to be nerfed considerably.
Wasn’t this introduced back in DBC 17? I remember there being such a furore when first discovered.

It was DBC 17, I did a search and cross-referenced my ID. There are many, many, many posts about it. :lol

Wealey

ICC Board Member
@Rumple43 your like this...

Thought id fire it up again as have a little spare time and do the England v Pakistan series.

Trying to replicate the pitches as best as I can.

Didnt make the most of it with the bat and couldnt contain Pakistan early before 3 gorgeous wickets.

A fast a full one clipped off the legs caught at midwicket low down after some funky field placements.

Leech with a bowled through the gate to a forward defensive making up for going at 5's in his first 10.

Then a diving catch at slip of him for the third!

Yeah some dodgy fielding at times but its so minor it makes no difference.

Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.12.31 - 13.08.51.22.png

There isnt much wrong with Tests, the AI bat beautifully.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It was DBC 17, I did a search and cross-referenced my ID. There are many, many, many posts about it. :lol

I remember seeing them all very frequently as people were shocked that the game had such a bad bug after DBC 14’s relative success and after BA’s response to it was no good in comparison to what they had once.

Biggest shame for me is how their interactions have gone down the drain. I remember this place being very vibrant back when they were first entering the market with Ross and another developer being very active here alongside stating their goals and just interacting otherwise. There has been a loss of a certain charm with each subsequent game in this series ever since they scaled back their communications here.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
The thing for me, is that bat pad absolutely should be a thing.

I've always been loathed to remove my close fielders cos it's a legitimate (and sometimes quite satisfying) mode of real life dismissal.

Having to basically rule out one way of getting wickets for the sake of a decent, balanced contest is maddening.
Post automatically merged:

Thought id fire it up again as have a little spare time and do the England v Pakistan series.

Didnt make the most of it with the bat and couldnt contain Pakistan early before 3 gorgeous wickets.

A fast a full one clipped off the legs caught at midwicket low down after some funky field placements.

Leech with a bowled through the gate to a forward defensive making up for going at 5's in his first 10.

View attachment 274160

I want to see the AI get bowled through the gate to a spinner so bad :tongue:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
The thing for me, is that bat pad absolutely should be a thing.

I've always been loathed to remove my close fielders cos it's a legitimate (and sometimes quite satisfying) mode of real life dismissal.

Having to basically rule out one way of getting wickets for the sake of a decent, balanced contest is maddening.
Post automatically merged:

I want to see the AI get bowled through the gate to a spinner so bad :tongue:

Lower flight and the bat pad issue isn't really a thing. I still remember when Lyon went for 160 for me with only 2 wickets when Pakistan racked up 500.

It's definitely bugged on the grass.

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
I can't remember exactly when the issue peaked - was it DBC17? - but at one stage close fielders were the game's biggest batting fun stoppers. They'd absorb your best hit drives like Superman and catch anything even a hair off the ground, effectively blocking up half the offside.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I can't remember exactly when the issue peaked - was it DBC17? - but at one stage close fielders were the game's biggest batting fun stoppers. They'd absorb your best hit drives like Superman and catch anything even a hair off the ground, effectively blocking up half the offside.
17 yeah

Hester

County Cricketer

View attachment 274160

Have to disagree with there not being much wrong with tests. I've played 16 tests in my test competition (that crashes the game now every time I try to load it) but the AI run themselves out at least 6 times an innings unless I quit and reload each time they do it.
Also, they can't play spin and they'll bat pad off fast bowlers to short leg every other over if you put a fielder there.
It's absolute no fun having to nerf myself just to get the AI to not get themselves all out for 100 every innings.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I remember seeing them all very frequently as people were shocked that the game had such a bad bug after DBC 14’s relative success and after BA’s response to it was no good in comparison to what they had once.

Biggest shame for me is how their interactions have gone down the drain. I remember this place being very vibrant back when they were first entering the market with Ross and another developer being very active here alongside stating their goals and just interacting otherwise. There has been a loss of a certain charm with each subsequent game in this series ever since they scaled back their communications here.
Ashes Cricket was the one where I discovered that you could use the seam control in a certain way - with cutters - to bowl teams out for less than 80 without fail. That was fixed.

That and the issues with spin that has been present at various times is why I think the AI gameplay doesn't handle movement off the pitch particularly well. That might not even be how the game works but that's like my layman's hypothesis.

I did have a look to see if I could find any old bat pad smash videos but it looks like I didn't start uploading until Ashes Cricket. Where I did find this gem (imagine the Benny Hilll theme playing):

It does actually make me want to take @Mouseydread classic teams and do some playfaces.

Do agree, to some extent, about the communication. Clear statements on what you are going to do, what you want to do and what can/can't be done. Wouldn't please everybody but I believe that the more involved and informed a community feels the better. There's an excitement when someone posts from Big Ant on here even now. It is a shame that it isn't a regular thing. Just a dev update on the first of each month, even if it says 'No news this month', might help. Of course it's a two-way street and some of the shitstains posting on here would probably need to wind their neck in.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Have to disagree with there not being much wrong with tests. I've played 16 tests in my test competition (that crashes the game now every time I try to load it) but the AI run themselves out at least 6 times an innings unless I quit and reload each time they do it.
Also, they can't play spin and they'll bat pad off fast bowlers to short leg every other over if you put a fielder there.
It's absolute no fun having to nerf myself just to get the AI to not get themselves all out for 100 every innings.

I'm not going to go over it again. I have numerous times before in other threads. But if you change a few sliders the run outs are fixed. Iv just bowled 75 overs at Pakistan and not had a single run out.

If I do have one I re load. It takes 30 seconds.

Its not perfect but what game is..

Fifa has plenty wrong with it. People spend hours and hours tinkering with sliders to fix stuff.

They can play spin. Leech just went at 5's in his first 5 overs. But again out the box default it may not be the case.

201-3 would suggest they can bat

Last edited:

Cricket_god

Club Captain

View attachment 274160

In your test matches does the AI play the ugly hoik to leg side, I have tried reducing flight but still I get batpads frequently even of fast bowlers.What sliders do you use for reducing runouts .

Wealey

ICC Board Member
In your test matches does the AI play the ugly hoik to leg side, I have tried reducing flight but still I get batpads frequently even of fast bowlers.What sliders do you use for reducing runouts .

There's a few. Ball bounce reduces direct hits etc.

Iv listen them many times.

My point is.. if you want, you can get a brilliant game of cricket going.

Pakistan are 201-3 Iv not restarted once. They have knocked it around into gaps. Quick singles. Hit bad balls. Not gone aerial once.

Great dismissals. Varying run rates. Slowed down after wickets have fallen etc.

Oh importantly I'll add that I do auto fielding nothing manual..

Users who are viewing this thread