TAOC BETA Requirements / Progress Tracker

yusuf_m

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Awesome,

Getting good sound sounds like a pain but would really add something. I was watching a bit of cricket last night and it was amzing what sounds you hear during just a single delivery.

The grunt of the bowler, the ball hitting bats and pads. The sound of the batsman moving as he plays the shot is one thing I really noticed..(!) ..

Little things like this in the sound effects would be much more impostrant than commetary and would make the game stand out even more.

Yusuf

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The bowler who I have seen mainly grunt is Shahadat Hossain

thanfire

School Cricketer
Hey guys, regarding sound effects..
Have you ever heard of a contact mic?? Or piezo-electric transducers?? (they are one in the same).
Basically, they're a tiny piece of metal you can get for only a couple of bucks at any decent electronics parts store that turns vibrations (sound) into current.
If you connect the wires to an audio jack, and the audio jack to a computer (or any other recording device) then you've got yourself a microphone.
They are the BEST at recording percussive/earthy type sounds, so I would imagine that taping one to a cricket bat, then hitting a couple of balls would produce some magnificent sound effects (or ball on pad, ball on stumps etc etc..).
They're dead cheap, and a 3 year old could put one together!
Just ask me if you need any more info.

Gurjot95

National Board President
The time this game will release I will get my new Graphic card.

Just kidding I am getting my new Graphic Card today or tomorrow so you can take this post as positive ;)

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Disgraceful.

If you don't believe and aren't waiting for this game, dont ever open this section and post trolls. Just play EA and Mario games (;))

There have been significant proof that the game is for real and have made a lot of progress. both the developers of the game past around 8 hours a day sitting infront working hard to complete the game with all new features. Moreover they took our feedback what we would have like to, new staduims etc.

Leave it guys please ignore that tool and go on with the game, i dont mind playing it if released late, with my son :D (j/k)

coolz_hari

International Coach
Disgraceful.

If you don't believe and aren't waiting for this game, dont ever open this section and post trolls. Just play EA and Mario games (;))

There have been significant proof that the game is for real and have made a lot of progress. both the developers of the game past around 8 hours a day sitting infront working hard to complete the game with all new features. Moreover they took our feedback what we would have like to, new staduims etc.

Leave it guys please ignore that tool and go on with the game, i dont mind playing it if released late, with my son :D (j/k)

Well said Chetan . I am really sick of negative comments .
Hope is a good thing .In fact best of the known things and Good thing never dies .

styles20

School Cricketer
Why is this thread inactive ? I wish this thread be updated regularly.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
am creating this thread to make a waypoint / map kinda of thing for me and LM.
once we know what exactly the requirements are....we can plan out the developments accordingly and in the process can finish it quicker.

heres what i think should be in the beta :-

NOTE : the percentages below show how much of it is completed.

*Batting - 80%
*Bowling - 50%
*Fielding - 25%
*Wicket Keeping - 70%
*Umpiring - 80%
*AI - 5%
*Different Player Models(tall,Skinny,fat etc) - 20%
*Stamina System - 0%
*All test teams...their respective stats/rosters - 20%
*One Stadium Per Test Playing country. - 45%
*Pitch Conditions,Grass Conditions and Weather Conditions - 25%
*Ball Physics(New and old with regards to the above conditions) - 30%
*Three Difficulty Levels : Easy, Medium , Hard.
*Kits - 90%
*Bats - 100%
*Overlays - 0%
*Menu Screens and Options - 0%

this is all i could come up with....anything else ??

also, which Tournaments / Series Should be included ?
please suggest only the major ones.

Hi,
Can u send the updated percentages of completion as of April 2011

dibakash

School Cricketer
Alpha

Hi Karthik, when I came to know about the art of cricket i felt really happy as I am a cricketer and i would like to seea good cricket pc game with good gameplay ( realistic swing , spin, bounce, edge( when not playing a swing ball or cutter carefully) or batsman got bitten by outswing, inswing, cutters(deviation of line of ball after pitching) to get bowled or edge, physics as per different pitch type and weather conditions and capabilities of bowlers etc etc. i tried the alpha release ..and guess what i loved it. and i love it more than cricket revolution, ashes cricket etc etc. I would like to help you in developing the game giving you ideas what a cricket fan expects from the game.

1. the bowling indicator should be removed, and bowler should be able to ball these four types of balls- short, good length, overpitched and full,
2. and these four type lines - off side zone, off stump, middle stump and leg stump/outside leg,
3. the accuracy of the ball will depend on the bowlers ability/attributes, (eg. if an average bowler tries to do an out swinger from middle and of stump within his speed limit he'll do fine, but if he tries to push his speed he'll end up landing on far outside off and swinging further away for a wide ball...same with length ..attempted short ball will become shorter, good length will become overpitched (easily played by batsman), yorker will be full toss if he bowls out of his threshold (fast bowlers speed threshold will be more for accuracy ).
4. for batsman part - A good batsman could see the ball early in the bowlers arm, so icon should be there reflecting the shinier side of the ball when it is new , so the batsman can predict which way the ball will swing / seam or googly or arm ball or normal etc etc and plan his shot accordingly. ( eg. a good batsman would see the icon pop up 2/3 seconds before the ball is released)...failing to do so he might(probability should be 90%) end up giving an edge or LBW or bowled.
5. same with legth/line for the batsman... it should pop up as an icon near the ball icon just when the ball is released....failing to play in the right line will cause him the same consequences as above.
6. placement will depend upon the above two ( how accurately played )
7. fielding and catching should be automatic and depend on the abilities

please reply what do you think about my idea. can this be done .. i am not a software eng or developer guy it might be difficult or might not be difficult to develop this type of game play. please reply..... and thanks a lot for your effort towards a good cricket game

Users who are viewing this thread