TAOC BETA Requirements / Progress Tracker

bumba26

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
will you ever make a game anywhere near as good as TAOC is going to be. NO

you're calling them the attention seekers, take a look at yourself mate.

Honestly, have some respect for these guys, what did they ever do wrong to you, or were you the one that is the college drop-out

No mate, they aren't, you are.
"will you ever make a game anywhere near as good as TAOC is going to be. NO"

Get real man!!!

If posting a comment here, that may not be Politically Correct, is deemed attention seeking by all of u then we all are attention seekers.

I agree I sometimes go overboard, but I gave these guys the respect they deserve i.e. NONE!!

This is a mentality of people posting here... "Give Respect" is a common term. For what?? Being a smart talker. Well every con-artist has that. Should be respect them too?

And stop shaming others like JK and LM's pet slave and start thinking with ur brains.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Oh!! No No No No!! Cndb...see I will tell how these two guys think JK and LM i.e. See, there sole purpose of opening this thread called TAOC is getting attention. These 2 college drop out losers think they own the world and are huge celebrities. So, naturally they are here to increase their fan base. Stars are never to be criticized but always cheered. How dare we mere mortals insult two huge celebs like JK and LM. Ur comments, criticism, opinion are not valued. They are Gods of cricket gaming and we need to worship them.

In reality these two aren't even college drop-outs. They were possibly smoking crack on their college terrace and were caught red handed. Then their nuts were smashed with a brickbat and kicked out of college.

The major diff between these two morons and Mindstorm is they didn't want to get attention for nothing. I came to know about CR in 2007.....their website didn't post any new info for the whole of 2008 and good parts of 2009. Suddenly, one day they announce CR is ready to be released. This is only because they were looking to make a real game and not get worshiped for smart talks which is all hot air.

What a bloody shame? Its sad we have to share this planet with evil like these 2, JK and LM. Go find some real job and stop being an attention seeker.
warm_cup_STFU-785776.jpg
Seriously, just shut up. You aren't helping the process of the game. You can't say they aren't putting any effort into it. No one is paying them a cent to do it and quite frankly if it was me who was making TAOC I would've said stuff all and gave up a month into it with not only the sheer workload of creating a game for such a strict gaming market/genre but more so with people like you.

I respect your opinion, but only to a certain extent. When you 'gun down' people for not releasing a game when obviously their working as hard as they can on it then you aren't really helping anyone. Do you know the process of creating a game? Don't compare it to CR or even any other mainstream cricket game. Because quite frankly not only do they/we not want to hear it but they don't have the budget to compare with even minor cricket games. ie. Cricket Revolution, Cricket Life * cough *, Trine Cricket, etc. To be honest, you talk about them scamming you? What are you being scammed out of? Time? They've put years onto this project. Its only recently that they've started to make MAJOR developments into the game. For Christ sake at least give them that. They've kept us members posted and that's all we can hope for. There's no doubt that TAOC will be the BEST cricket simulator out there. Not to mention the cost - nothing at all.

Last edited:

edx

School Cricketer
Last time I checked this was a thread for discussing the progress of TAOC.

@ Bumba26: No one has a problem with you criticising TAOC and providing ideas for improvement but stop taking pot-shots at LM and JK and pretending that you know who they are. Because mate you just dont :facepalm If you dont want to talk about TAOC just turn off your computer and do something else OK:)

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Last time I checked this was a thread for discussing the progress of TAOC.

@ Bumba26: No one has a problem with you criticising TAOC and providing ideas for improvement but stop taking pot-shots at LM and JK and pretending that you know who they are. Because mate you just dont :facepalm If you dont want to talk about TAOC just turn off your computer and do something else OK:)

More so he should start taking pot shots at Gamebience for their take on Cricket Life in the CL thread for "taking their time to release a 'non-existent' game". :sarcasm

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Oh!! No No No No!! Cndb...see I will tell how these two guys think JK and LM i.e. See, there sole purpose of opening this thread called TAOC is getting attention. These 2 college drop out losers think they own the world and are huge celebrities. So, naturally they are here to increase their fan base. Stars are never to be criticized but always cheered. How dare we mere mortals insult two huge celebs like JK and LM. Ur comments, criticism, opinion are not valued. They are Gods of cricket gaming and we need to worship them.

In reality these two aren't even college drop-outs. They were possibly smoking crack on their college terrace and were caught red handed. Then their nuts were smashed with a brickbat and kicked out of college.

The major diff between these two morons and Mindstorm is they didn't want to get attention for nothing. I came to know about CR in 2007.....their website didn't post any new info for the whole of 2008 and good parts of 2009. Suddenly, one day they announce CR is ready to be released. This is only because they were looking to make a real game and not get worshiped for smart talks which is all hot air.

What a bloody shame? Its sad we have to share this planet with evil like these 2, JK and LM. Go find some real job and stop being an attention seeker.

:clap:clap:hpraise:hpraise
:rtfl:rtfl:laugh:laugh

no sarcasm, no nothing !!
seriously and with all honestly, you made my day !!! hahahaha !!!

anyhoo....lets stick to the topic gentlemen. i think we've had enough conflicts for today ! ;)

jkartik added 5 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

am getting even more pumped up now.....gonna work even more crazier just to prove the detractors wrong and to give the supporters a good cricket sim.

tbh, the real reason for so much delaying is only 2 people working on the core aspects of the game and that cricket is such a complex sport...its not funny !

another reason being that our primary members are the planetcricket ones
who are more than hard to please(including myself here) with the cricket sim.
so no point in rushing for a sub-standard game when you might as well play
EA cricket 07 !!

bumba26

School Cricketer
warm_cup_STFU-785776.jpg
Seriously, just shut up. You aren't helping the process of the game. You can't say they aren't putting any effort into it. No one is paying them a cent to do it and quite frankly if it was me who was making TAOC I would've said stuff all and gave up a month into it with not only the sheer workload of creating a game for such a strict gaming market/genre but more so with people like you.

I respect your opinion, but only to a certain extent. When you 'gun down' people for not releasing a game when obviously their working as hard as they can on it then you aren't really helping anyone. Do you know the process of creating a game? Don't compare it to CR or even any other mainstream cricket game. Because quite frankly not only do they/we not want to hear it but they don't have the budget to compare with even minor cricket games. ie. Cricket Revolution, Cricket Life * cough *, Trine Cricket, etc. To be honest, you talk about them scamming you? What are you being scammed out of? Time? They've put years onto this project. Its only recently that they've started to make MAJOR developments into the game. For Christ sake at least give them that. They've kept us members posted and that's all we can hope for. There's no doubt that TAOC will be the BEST cricket simulator out there. Not to mention the cost - nothing at all.

After reading a few comments here also on Ashes forum on a post called "Transmission closes down" where I dare to say that I felt cheated after buying Ashes and don't care those guys lost their jobs, I feel how different I am. I guess, my friend Christopher was right yet again. He said most people operate from a Slave Mentality and independent thinking person is as rare as gold. Whats popular is right or people perceive it to be right. If someone points out that maybe perception isn't reality, then people instead of breaking that perception ends up attacking the person who challenged them. It doesn't matter that breaking out of that perception will ultimately help those same people who are attacking. Most have a drone like herd mind-set.

This may not be applicable for TAOC, but certainly is for life. Slavery indeed is the natural state of man.

U guys have been great teachers. With every shaming and insult, it became evident how much different and better I am from the herd. My point of posting controversial comments was this. So, thank u all, I found out all I needed.

Even with a small and trivial thing like cricket games people follow the same concept. What about bigger issues in life? Food for thought?? Maybe for me, for cattle here maybe not.

Last edited:

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
awesome ! now that you've realized your true-self and efficiently came out of the herd, can we move on please ?

any further posts like that will be deleted !

Last edited:

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
wow, what set him off?? Jeez, i'm not aware of doing anything that might annoy anyone so much...oh well, i wont even begin to try and understand...

Though i can say he was pretty far off the mark lol. I have a job, a really good job actually, well paid and great working conditions. I'm not making this for the money, but because I want to play a great cricket game and the only way i can be totally happy with a game is if i do it myself ;)

JK is still young, but he is very talented and has tremendous determination and stamina. He has counseled me numerous times and convinced me to keep going during some of the darkest times.

We certainly are not 'college drop-outs' lol.

But i regret we did something to put Bumba off, that's a real shame. Also didn't realise we are celebrities lol? No, we are just two average guys who never asked for a thing. We dont think we are gods or anything hehe, we are just doing our best to finish off this project which we began 4 years ago.

Constructive criticism is great and really important in finding out the bad stuff that can be improved but Bumba's crits seemed more of a non-factual rant, verging on personal attacks. That's not only uncalled for but just falls into the category of 'trolling'.

So, without further ado....let's get back on topic! :happy

thanfire

School Cricketer
JK/LM,
It must really put you off when you get guys like this feel the need to try and bring you down. But let me speak for the rest of the TAOC community (It really is a community these days) when I say that we all really appreciate what you guys do, and also thank you for letting us be a part of it.
Eventual release or not, you have already shown what two guys without a budget or any agenda (other than creating the people's cricket game) can do. I personally believe that all of the next generation's cricket games will be better as a result of this project alone.
Keep up the good work.

International Coach
I think everyone should just ignore that immature kid.....anyway great going LM and jk hope your project keeps progressing.

harrisb

International Coach
i don't think a rushed video will shut him up nabeel, a video that shows the game being developed to it's maximum potential will shut him up.

sunsamrat1980

Club Captain
I just wonder the Mr. Bumba is trying to get all of the attention by criticizing the TAOC team. The more we reply to his comments, the more he is going to creep in. I would suggest to even go ahead and delete his older posts (and any subsequent ones) so that the actual intent of this thread is not diverted.

yusuf_m

School Cricketer
whoa... looks like I missed all the drama...

Just a quick TAOC related question...

Are there any plans for sound effects? Not full blown commentary but crowd noises, cheering, ball hitting bat, calls for runs etc?

Yusuf

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
whoa... looks like I missed all the drama...

Just a quick TAOC related question...

Are there any plans for sound effects? Not full blown commentary but crowd noises, cheering, ball hitting bat, calls for runs etc?

Yusuf

We've put some thought into this, even though has not yet been implemented. I have a little library stashed away of some really high quality great sound effects that someone sent to me some time ago. Sound effects are going to add that extra dimension to the game, so i'm really excited about getting them in to the game. Hopefully not too far away. Implementing the sounds is easy, but getting the raw great sound FX is the hard part ;)

Users who are viewing this thread