TAOC - Fact List

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sorry if this has already been covered, but will there be 360 degree batting? If possible, the batting system from BLIC 2007 would be perfect (plus back/front foot choice).

dazzazzad22

School Cricketer
I've always dreamed of being able to play a test match with or against a mate. Being actually engaged in all 5 days, even if it takes a couple real world days to play. As it stands, with every cricket game that I've played, even batting for 20 overs feels like a slog (excuse the pun). And bowling is even worse. I've become so beaten down by the disappointment that I just can't imagine a cricket game that is accurate, realistic and fun to play.

I really want to believe.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
ok, some of them are in the features list,some are not.
the main reason for this thread is to be as transparent
as possible so that no member would feel cheated and we wont want
to be labeled as "Liars" ! this list will be updated as the game
progresses.

Things That are present in TAOC that are NOT present in EA / Codies cricket series :-

1.) First Up, Plain And Simple - Realistic gameplay !!

2.) Realistic physics. The cricket ball will move realistically.

3.) Stat-Tracking.

When you say stat-tracking, do you mean auto stats that come up between overs for example? One of the things most annoying about Ckt 07 in that regard is there are loads of stats, but they're always hidden in some menu or other, instead of coming up occasionally like they do on TV!

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
When you say stat-tracking, do you mean auto stats that come up between overs for example? One of the things most annoying about Ckt 07 in that regard is there are loads of stats, but they're always hidden in some menu or other, instead of coming up occasionally like they do on TV!

they will pop up in between overs. The stat tracking here refers to career stats and tournament stats - meaning if your average is xx.xx during the game it will be updated and stored on the players permanent record (if accepted by the player at the end of the game) - if playing a tour or competition then stats will be available for that particular tournament as well as permanent record.

hope that makes sense

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
just one question. it may have been answered before though. i went through the fact lists and it was not mentioned there. is the fielding going to be completely automatic? or is it going to be manual? or maybe sub-automatic?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Sorry if this has already been covered, but will there be 360 degree batting? If possible, the batting system from BLIC 2007 would be perfect (plus back/front foot choice).

Do you think this will be possible? BLIC 2007 got the batting system spot in in my opinion.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Do you think this will be possible? BLIC 2007 got the batting system spot in in my opinion.

BLIC07 SUCKED !! in ALL DEPTS !!

with the current batting system, the ball can go to 100's of directions
unlike the scripted ones in BLIC and C2k7......

a lot of factors will influence on where the ball will end up....
i.e from where the ball is pitched, how much it does while "in-air"
and off the pitch, what type of shot you select, your timing etc......
the comp will calculate all these and physics will do the rest :D

usy

Chairman of Selectors
ok, some of them are in the features list,some are not.
the main reason for this thread is to be as transparent
as possible so that no member would feel cheated and we wont want
to be labeled as "Liars" ! this list will be updated as the game
progresses.

Things That are present in TAOC that are NOT present in EA / Codies cricket series :-

1.) First Up, Plain And Simple - Realistic gameplay !!

2.) Realistic physics. The cricket ball will move realistically.

3.) Stat-Tracking.

4.) View replays of your favourite moments!

5.) Awesome batting includes many different strokes on the front and back foot.

6.) It is the first game to pioneer a stamina system for batsman which recreates the fatigue which is part of a long innings.

7.) dew factor For ODIs in the subcontinent. That is, it would favour the side batting second under lights.

8.) players like tendulkar / symonds can bowl medium pace, offspin etc.
so if we select part-time bowlers, there would be an option to choose whether we want to bowl leg / off / medium etc.....

9.) McGrath would bowl 80% of his deliveries in the similar area becuase he is very consistant with his bowling. where as brett lee would bowl 65% on the proper line.

10.) There Would be tentative pushes by the AI which will result in more edges
and a bowler like mcgrath can take advantage of his seaming ability.

11.) We would be able to select any headgear (cap,helmet etc) in between overs from
the menu.

12.) Player likenesses. Witness the Tall & skinny Mcgrath bowling to the Short & chubby Tendulkar.

13.) totally free cam can be used to select any default camera angle view and also in replays, no restrictions to angle or zoom.

14.) You can choose the people that will umpire your match from the official ICC panel.(will be available via patch)

15.) Dynamic weather conditions and lighting effects. It may begin to rain and it will get darker throughout a day!
And not like EA where the rain continues throughout the day :rolleyes:

16.) Duckworth Lewis system

Things That WONT be there :-

1.) Classic Matches (too much time & research required)

2.) Domestic Teams / cups / leagues (may be as an addon)

3.) Presentation After the match (unecessary)

4.) Licenses (Fixable via patch)

5.) Authentic Batting and bowling Styles.(very hard to do as anims are done by hand)

6.) Snickometer,Hawkeye,Ultra Motion.(money constrains)

7.) Next Gen Graphics.(limited technology / sources)

8.) Manual LBw Appeal Button (not necessary)

9.) Career Mode (too time consuming)

10.) Ball Smashing the pavillion windows :rolleyes:

11.) Authentic Faces.(gameplay more imp than graphics)

Things That Would Be Editable :-

AI
Bats
Kits (Jersey,Pads,gloves,helmet etc)
Adboards
Pitchmats
Grass
Turfs
Faces
Hair
Overlays
menu graphics
Rosters(stats,attributes)
Teams
Competitions/tours
Sounds

Things That Would NOT Be Editable :-

Source code(obviously) :rolleyes:
Animations
Player models
Stadiums

fair enough..

also I really really want to know who requested "Ball Smashing the pavillion windows".. LMAO

Also, As long as player faces and kits and TV overly look realisitc with the good A.I.

naresh091

International Cricketer
yeah.the features are great and realistic.but however i would have loved to see the presentation ceremony.anyway all the best for the developers to finish the project soon and successful.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Please make us be able to make and add stadiums to TAOC. That'll be great for some patches. I'm gonna so love making patches for this game. How will we be able to edit the things? Will there be a template like Cricket 07 or a program where you can edit it (like Oedit style)

Neo95

Club Cricketer
Please make us be able to make and add stadiums to TAOC. That'll be great for some patches. I'm gonna so love making patches for this game. How will we be able to edit the things? Will there be a template like Cricket 07 or a program where you can edit it (like Oedit style)

Stadiums are uneditable in this game.

eshadz

Club Cricketer
hey guys, the game looks awesome.....really looking forward to some authentic gameplay.....but i wonder if the following luxuries are also available in the game...

in game line up editor (where u select the captain and the bowlers as well as the batting order) as it is done in pes

computer ai shuffling the bowlers according to the conditions or game situation (unlike ea)

player form variablity that might also affect the team selection (like in PES once again)

in game player editor (attributes and basic appearance)

custom tournament (chose venue teams number of rounds groups etc)

multiple kits (once again like PES)

in game editable kits using templates (PES again)

and autoplay......

best of luck fellas

Users who are viewing this thread