TAOC BETA Requirements / Progress Tracker

harrisb

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
what can you edit in NCAA Football, never played a game like that, what can you do in it, i'm guessing like kits and the like, but i'd like to know more

bumba26

School Cricketer
am creating this thread to make a waypoint / map kinda of thing for me and LM.
once we know what exactly the requirements are....we can plan out the developments accordingly and in the process can finish it quicker.

heres what i think should be in the beta :-

NOTE : the percentages below show how much of it is completed.

*Batting - 80%
*Bowling - 50%
*Fielding - 25%
*Wicket Keeping - 70%
*Umpiring - 80%
*AI - 5%
*Different Player Models(tall,Skinny,fat etc) - 20%
*Stamina System - 0%
*All test teams...their respective stats/rosters - 20%
*One Stadium Per Test Playing country. - 45%
*Pitch Conditions,Grass Conditions and Weather Conditions - 25%
*Ball Physics(New and old with regards to the above conditions) - 30%
*Three Difficulty Levels : Easy, Medium , Hard.
*Kits - 90%
*Bats - 100%
*Overlays - 0%
*Menu Screens and Options - 0%

this is all i could come up with....anything else ??

also, which Tournaments / Series Should be included ?
please suggest only the major ones.

Woah!!!:brickwall

By the time we are done here we will be playing Cricket Revolution 20.

harrisb

International Coach
well said that man (guddu), i don't actually think that there will be a CR20

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
ignore him guys ! if you look at his posts in TAOC forum, all hes done is critized the game. i dont even bother looking at his posts....

jkartik added 4 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

the following are the posts by our great bumba26 !

Woah!!!:brickwall

By the time we are done here we will be playing Cricket Revolution 20.

The big announcement from TAOC team on 01/09/09 will be

"THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!"

:rtfl:clap:clap:happy:hpraise:hpraise

This maybe off topic...but IGN.com has Cricket Revolution on their upcoming games list for PC. :banana2 This is a huge achievement for Mindstorm Studios. As far as I know, IGN do not bother with...
(WTF did this have to do with TAOC ??)

What are we supposed to do with templates of bats???? :doh
Use it as wallpapers?? :sarcasm
:clap:rtfl

I think LM is married to a 500 kilos grizzly bear and has 10 screaming kids....thats why we don't hear from him much...:happy:hpraise:hpraise;):D

Just release the damn thing...we will worry about silly details later...outdated or not...just finish the thing even if it only has 2 teams...thats all I can say...

I wonder if this a scam. All we hear is big talks of hard work and lots of comments from various posters. In three years we have seen videos of a fatso bowling leg spin and a confused fast bowler...

cnbd_novice

International Coach
That's pretty ignorant. Sure, the guy went OTT with his criticisms at instances, but no one's allowed to post their criticisms on here anymore?
Just release the damn thing...we will worry about silly details later...outdated or not...just finish the thing even if it only has 2 teams...thats all I can say...
Yeah, that seems pretty fine to me. Everyone's been saying that for a while now. If you haven't realized - we don't care about all the extra features if it takes you this long to do them - just get the core game out.

Oh, and leaving out this post of his was a dick move at best. The guy had valid points, and shooting it down doesn't make you look like the good guy here:
I am sorry JK and LM, if I was too cruel in my previous post, but I had to be cruel to be kind.
See, the major problem is these two people working behind TAOC is their non-professional attitudes. Why do I say this? There are more than 1 reason. Let me highlight a few here.

JK and LM think this project is a charity work for the betterment of the cricket gaming community. Here I have news for u, social work doesn't work. EA and Codemasters can get away with crappy games and earn a fortune because they deal with it professionally. No body out here have asked u to become an angel of cricket games. U should stop thinking about charity and work as professionals. If people can fork out their hard earned cash for some terrible games like BLC 2007, certainly they won't object to pay a worthy amount for a better quality game like TAOC.

Why, in the name of God, are only two people working on this project? Why can't u go out and hire at least 1/2 more guys? Yep, another breaking news, people don't help each other for free, they sell help. Have a few more guys working on the project. Try hiring novices as they cost less and are willing to work to gain exp. Yes, there will be a lot of trail and error, but since budget is a factor, u will have to live with it. If u r wondering, how will u pay their salaries, then go for a small bank loan and keep the funds in reserve for their salaries. They can work, when u r busy and vice versa. Try finishing this asap.

Once, TAOC is released, u can go places with it, as it works as a portfolio which will enable u to get high paying jobs. So, see being professional about it can be very rewarding. Of course, it is a huge risk, but with ur kinda situation, its all or nothing. Business is always risky. After toiling hard for 3 years in the business world, I have learned this, "No pain, No gain". These are my 2 cents. U can call me a prick, but I being a fan of cricket games, would want to see the game out there in the market rather than in the recycle bin of ur computer. At least in the market it has a chance, can't say the same in ur recycle bin.
Bye and all the best.

Best wishes on the beta, however.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
you being a dick(have always been) on not seeing the fact that i didnt want
to post the entire thing(which had more -ve and than +ve fyi) .
and another reason which is making you look like a dick is the fact i posted
the one "constructive" post from him which you proudly quoted !

and i never stopped anyone from posting their views...otherwise i would've deleted his posts....i didnt even delete
his posts like "LM marrying a 100 Kg gorilla" and stuff like that which is clearly going personal(if you failed to see that)...
cant give a better explanation that that !

P.S - i expect you to report this post to the admins !

Last edited:

cnbd_novice

International Coach
you being a dick(have always been) on not seeing the fact that i didnt want
to post the entire thing(which had more -ve and than +ve fyi) .
and another reason which is making you look like a dick is the fact i posted
the one "constructive" post from him which you proudly quoted !

and i never stopped anyone from posting their views...otherwise i would've deleted his posts....i didnt even delete
his posts like "LM marrying a 100 Kg gorilla" and stuff like that which is clearly going personal(if you failed to see that)...
cant give a better explanation that that !

P.S - i expect you to report this post to the admins !

And I personally needlessly attacked you, where?

cnbd_novice

International Coach
Due apology to LM and everyone else for veering off-topic. I have great expectations from this game once it comes out, and don't doubt that it will, one day.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
We are still on track for early next year. That old post is - well, old. And as for Bumba's comment about hiring people, lol, we have a budget of approximately zero and unfortunately not many talented people will work for free.

And when did we suggest we were in any way "professional"?

Also, just wanted to say that i think simulations like cricket are very hard for a "professional" company to get right because inherently they lack the passion. The moment it becomes all about money the moment they will fail. Just look at all the versions released in the past that have been epic fails. Codies, EA.....

I think as long as we actually do release this thing in the near future we have a good chance of success.

Last edited:

bumba26

School Cricketer
That's pretty ignorant. Sure, the guy went OTT with his criticisms at instances, but no one's allowed to post their criticisms on here anymore?

Yeah, that seems pretty fine to me. Everyone's been saying that for a while now. If you haven't realized - we don't care about all the extra features if it takes you this long to do them - just get the core game out.

Oh, and leaving out this post of his was a dick move at best. The guy had valid points, and shooting it down doesn't make you look like the good guy here:

Best wishes on the beta, however.

Oh!! No No No No!! Cndb...see I will tell how these two guys think JK and LM i.e. See, there sole purpose of opening this thread called TAOC is getting attention. These 2 college drop out losers think they own the world and are huge celebrities. So, naturally they are here to increase their fan base. Stars are never to be criticized but always cheered. How dare we mere mortals insult two huge celebs like JK and LM. Ur comments, criticism, opinion are not valued. They are Gods of cricket gaming and we need to worship them.

In reality these two aren't even college drop-outs. They were possibly smoking crack on their college terrace and were caught red handed. Then their nuts were smashed with a brickbat and kicked out of college.

The major diff between these two morons and Mindstorm is they didn't want to get attention for nothing. I came to know about CR in 2007.....their website didn't post any new info for the whole of 2008 and good parts of 2009. Suddenly, one day they announce CR is ready to be released. This is only because they were looking to make a real game and not get worshiped for smart talks which is all hot air.

What a bloody shame? Its sad we have to share this planet with evil like these 2, JK and LM. Go find some real job and stop being an attention seeker.

harrisb

International Coach
will you ever make a game anywhere near as good as TAOC is going to be. NO

you're calling them the attention seekers, take a look at yourself mate.

Honestly, have some respect for these guys, what did they ever do wrong to you, or were you the one that is the college drop-out

In reality these two aren't even college drop-outs.

No mate, they aren't, you are.

Users who are viewing this thread