TAOC BETA Requirements / Progress Tracker

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i think...

256 MB RAM
Minimum of Intel 845 GL series with DX8...
1.8 GHz
Maximum 500 Mb hard disk space...

will this be the minimum....
i doubt on the size of RAM....

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Nabeel, you just entirely made those up, and besides which didn't answer the question.

There is no size for the demo, because not all of the demo is done to know how big it will be. Any guesses would just be wild estimates at this stage of completion.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
i think...

256 MB RAM
Minimum of Intel 845 GL series with DX8...
1.8 GHz
Maximum 500 Mb hard disk space...

will this be the minimum....
i doubt on the size of RAM....

LOL !!! DX8 ??? this is not 2002 !! :p

though i personally feel you need to have ateast 128mb GFX card
anything around and above the Nvidia 7300GS / ATI X1600 range should run perfectly fine IMO !!

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Yeah from the looks of the screenshots I'd expect the same JK. I'm ready with my 9600GT though. Get those AA / AF in game or I'll have to force it through the nV control panel! :p

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
why?
If Cricket 07 can run on 64 MB GFX Card withDX9...then why cannot TAOC....

Sorry if i am being rude

well, can BLIC07 run on a 64MB GFX card ?? i dont think so.
see, its more about optimization than anything else.

TAOC will run on a 64MB GFX card...but how smoothly, i cant guarantee simply because i havent tested it on such a system.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
why?
If Cricket 07 can run on 64 MB GFX Card withDX9...then why cannot TAOC....

Sorry if i am being rude
Get with the times my friend. You can't stick with one graphics stick for over 5-6 years! [And if you bought it recently, well lets just say you made the wrong buying decision].

See this is how developers are frustrated. People want quality yet they want to run it on old, sluggish hardware. Not possible, really.

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
Kshitiz....
dude,i am not the owner of the house where i take my decisions whether to buy a new comp or not.....
i am just guessing because when POPT2T,C07,GTA SA,PES6,FIFA07,2 stages of NFS MW etc,games run on my pc,then why not TAOC....

@Kartik,you can collect many members having different system requirements,and have a test so that people can know the estimated requirements.....

and yes,C07 runs very smoothly after fully patching too,never tried BLIC on my pc....

chaitanyaraghav

Club Cricketer
Kshitiz....
dude,i am not the owner of the house where i take my decisions whether to buy a new comp or not.....
i am just guessing because when POPT2T,C07,GTA SA,PES6,FIFA07,2 stages of NFS MW etc,games run on my pc,then why not TAOC....

and yes,C07 runs very smoothly after fully patching too,never tried BLIC on my pc....

This is because those games are optimised to perform under both low end and high end systems.for ex you can run crysis on dx9 and dx10 because it is optimised to work under both settings! I am guessing TAOC wont be optimised to work under many systems because we have a lot of work to do and other than optimising!

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Kshitiz....

@Kartik,you can collect many members having different system requirements,and have a test so that people can know the estimated requirements.....

Yes I didn't make a claim that you can buy a new computer any time, just that you can't demand something with old hardware mate. I'm 100% sure you can't run all those games you mentioned on 100% settings with AA, which is what I was referring to when I mentioned the word "run". By run I mean run at the best eye candy. Ofcourse TAOC would start up and play on the lowest graphics on any DirectX 9.0c [or even 9 I guess] graphics card, but to "run" it, as in with the best settings, you really need something higer.

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
OK Kshitiz,i will look up into this matter but being the owner of low end pc,i know all the possible tricks for running next gen games.....
lie the software 3d analyser,i am sure it will run TAOC on my pc....

@JK,can i make some designs of main menu background etc...
i can supply it to you in PNG form....

Users who are viewing this thread