Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
MAN down! tweaking HELL IT'S BUMRAH. Oh for fearsome tweak's sake. I really hope it's not serious.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
News is that Bumrah is fine.. Fingers crossed

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I am relived to learn that Bumrah is fine.

Match notes, that inning from Rishabh Pant was crazy. His shots were not in total control but were still awesome. Also Yuvraj was a surprise package.. just for his sake I would love if he could play this way throughout the tournament.

On KKR SRH match, wow! Its like Warner never left. It was such a nice inning and Russel is a monster, it is so nice to have him in the team.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Also Yuvraj was a surprise package.. just for his sake I would love if he could play this way throughout the tournament.

TBH, I still think he looked pretty scratchy throughout his inning. Batting against left arm spinners has always been his strength and he showed that even today. I think he scored 32 runs off 10 balls that he faced from Akshar Patel. However, he was struggling against Keemo Paul when he the pace was varied, he also looked uncomfortable against Tewatia. However, as we all know this is not the same Yuvraj Singh that we have been used to watching growing up. My only problem is that now that he has played an inning like this, a young player with real potential (Ishan Kishan) will have to wait even more for his chance.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yuvi was struggling, big time! Hope we rope in a good replacement for Milne. Rasikh looked good but Pant's blinder took it away from him. Hoping to see Ishan back in for Yuvi and Markande for Rasikh, or actually bring Markande in for Yuvi everyone go a strs up in the order.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I thought Delhi looked very good for most part of that game. I really like the look of them this season. They’ve got some Delhi regulars (Dhawan, Ishant) in and their biggest one is Pant, who’s going to win them games from challenging positions. I think Ishant with his experience and recent form is going to be very good for them. The change of name and the new jersey is also very good (I really loved their jersey design).

Hope they finally fulfill their promises and reach farther than before.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Sarfaraz is way too "potly" for T20 cricket.

B

Bigby Wolf

Hotstar live streaming quality of the IPL is poor - a lot of pixelation even at @720p which is surprising considering they do broadcast Premier league matches whose quality is way better than what they are showing in the IPL.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
That is such a stupid thing by Ashwin! What a crybaby! Absolute disgrace for a cricketer and that too being a captain. Shocker. No way Buttler was deliberately backing up too far. Ashwin has lost whatever respect I had for him. Utter nonsense!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Buttler Mankaded by Ashwin? Wow. If KXIP go on to win this, that's going to be a huge talking point. I think batsmen have to stay in their crease until the ball is delivered. But bowlers should not use it as a strategy. This is going to be controversial considering that Buttler is such a big influence and the way he was batting.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
That is such a stupid thing by Ashwin! What a crybaby! Absolute disgrace for a cricketer and that too being a captain. Shocker. No way Buttler was deliberately backing up too far. Ashwin has lost whatever respect I had for him. Utter nonsense!
I disagree. Why did Butler leave the crease ? He is gaining advantage here ! And just look how ahead he was already.

The last time this happened was in U19 WC and it was rightly given out even that time.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK

It has gone to the third umpire and they've ruled it out. Either take out that law and live with it! And I am not saying this coz its Ashwin (I know someone will pull me up for this).

And I am not watching it live and so cannot really discuss from that perspective, but if the third umpire has reviewed it and ruled it out, all rights to the bowler! Also did Ashwin warn Buttler a few times before resorting to "Mankading" him? If yes, then all the more power to Ashwin.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Buttler Mankaded by Ashwin? Wow. If KXIP go on to win this, that's going to be a huge talking point. I think batsmen have to stay in their crease until the ball is delivered. But bowlers should not use it as a strategy. This is going to be controversial considering that Buttler is such a big influence and the way he was batting.
He was just about to deliver and surely that much of backing up is okay and this was a horrible act by Ashwin.

Users who are viewing this thread