Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Buttler would've left the crease at the exact moment Ashwin released the ball, if he had continued his delivery stride. At least a warning was warranted, because he wasn't leaving the crease at a quicker pace than you normally do.

B

Bigby Wolf

Buttler would've left the crease at the exact moment Ashwin released the ball, if he had continued his delivery stride. At least a warning was warranted, because he wasn't leaving the crease at a quicker pace than you normally do.
Why edited/deleted that Ashwin Part ? nothing wrong with the statement tbh.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
If Butler indeed left the crease before Ashwin paused, it is fair. But if Butler left the crease after Ashwin paused, it isn't fair.

See the replay. When the bowler's front foot lands, he's in the crease comfortably i.e the point when the ball would be released. By this yardstick, every batsman who moves would be run out and a ball wouldn't have been bowled in cricket.

Any Indian (and I don't mean you zee, I'm generalising) with an iota of self respect will not deem this as fair. This was not unsporting, it was cheating. And if we condone or back this, we should shut the hell up about the Sydney test or the Tendulkar run out at Kolkata.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Any Indian (and I don't mean you zee, I'm generalising) with an iota of self respect will not deem this as fair.

So you basically wrote this to suit your side of the argument?

This was not unsporting, it was cheating. And if we condone or back this, we should shut the hell up about the Sydney test or the Tendulkar run out at Kolkata.

Hah how is playing within the laws the game called cheating/?

B

Bigby Wolf

See the replay. When the bowler's front foot lands, he's in the crease comfortably i.e the point when the ball would be released. By this yardstick, every batsman who moves would be run out and a ball wouldn't have been bowled in cricket.

Any Indian (and I don't mean you zee, I'm generalising) with an iota of self respect will not deem this as fair. This was not unsporting, it was cheating. And if we condone or back this, we should shut the hell up about the Sydney test or the Tendulkar run out at Kolkata.
Typical - Had to agree with first part that its not fair but to exaggerate in which the manner you did was kind of expected.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
So you basically wrote this to suit your side of the argument?

Hah how is playing within the laws the game called cheating/?

See the replay. The bowler just said in his PC that he hadn't loaded up. See the replay. He went into that with the intention of mankading. When his front foot lands, Buttler's bat is well inside the crease.[DOUBLEPOST=1553538644][/DOUBLEPOST]
Typical - Had to agree with first part that its not fair but to exaggerate in which the manner you did was kind of expected.

Exaggerated? Why?

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
See the replay. The bowler just said in his PC that he hadn't loaded up. See the replay. He went into that with the intention of mankading. When his front foot lands, Buttler's bat is well inside the crease.

See the thing is there is not point in arguing to you about this anymore because I don't think me saying anything here will change your view. However, I certainly did not appreciate the second part of your last post. It is foolish if you are calling someone a cheat when they are playing within the laws of the game.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I am not sure if anyone is watching but I would really request people to watch Kumar Sangakara right now on Star sports. He is making a lot of sense right now and he is also currently the part of MCC who has made this rule.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In live, it looked as if Butler left the crease. Atleast for me it looked like that ! Ashwin mankaded and appealed. So, it was the 3rd umpire who took the decision and dismissed it as out. After watching the highlights in slow mo, it looked like Butler was IN when Ash paused. It should have been not out, so the actual blame goes to 3rd umpire who didn't analyze it well enough. Can't say if Ashwin did it with a plan or if it was an instinct. At the heat of moment, I feel it as an instinct.

In general, mankading should be seen as out and not like 'against the spirit' and stuff.[DOUBLEPOST=1553539300][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am not sure if anyone is watching but I would really request people to watch Kumar Sangakara right now on Star sports. He is making a lot of sense right now and he is also currently the part of MCC who has made this rule.
Yeah. I saw that. The earlier rule was to give an official warning and then you are free to dismiss the non striker. But that was scrapped and the current rule states that 'warning' is not necessary.

B

Bigby Wolf

See the replay. The bowler just said in his PC that he hadn't loaded up. See the replay. He went into that with the intention of mankading. When his front foot lands, Buttler's bat is well inside the crease.[DOUBLEPOST=1553538644][/DOUBLEPOST]

Exaggerated? Why?
Not exactly sure but its just the way write your posts and explains them but I just found it exaggerating at times.

B

Bigby Wolf

In live, it looked as if Butler left the crease. Atleast for me it looked like that ! Ashwin mankaded and appealed. So, it was the 3rd umpire who took the decision and dismissed it as out. After watching the highlights in slow mo, it looked like Butler was IN when Ash paused. It should have been not out, so the actual blame goes to 3rd umpire who didn't analyze it well enough. Can't say if Ashwin did it with a plan or if it was an instinct. At the heat of moment, I feel it as an instinct.

In general, mankading should be seen as out and not like 'against the spirit' and stuff.[DOUBLEPOST=1553539300][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah. I saw that. The earlier rule was to give an official warning and then you are free to dismiss the non striker. But that was scrapped and the current rule states that 'warning' is not necessary.
Exactly watching it live or in real time it looked more instictive than a planned thing. The visuals in slow mos are the one which gives more indepth on the dismissal where Buttler was IN when Ashwin stopped but then again you have super slow mo camera shot at 960 fps and this frame by frame stuff can let to a lot of equivocal discussions like in the today's dismissal or the ones where ground catches are checked whether they had been taken cleanly or not.

B

Bigby Wolf

Ashwin had this knack of mankading batsmen saw a couple of times he did that - CB series 2012 vs Sri Lanka and one against Smith in 2013 for CSK on both ocassions Dhoni being the captain the appeal was withdrawn considering the spirit of the game. But different people different perspective I guess, IMO a proper 1st warning would have been ideal though before actually running him out.

Also Buttler this is the 2nd time he has been mankad - 1st time vs SL in 2014 and today in this match.

Actually Sehwag was the captain in that game and we had Sachin's input to the whole incident as well.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread