KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
B

Bigby Wolf

Dhoni not only changing bats but also the sponsors with it - started with a SS sponsor then changed to the BAS (the one he use at the start of his career).

KP on Air - Anything is possible when MS is there and also the fact we are in India.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Dhoni not only changing bats but also the sponsors with it - started with a SS sponsor then changed to the BAS (the one he use at the start of his career).

KP on Air - Anything is possible when MS is there and also the fact we are in India.

MSD is an absolute legend. These little things show the individual he is. I'll tell you what I feel the story going around is-

I have a respect and admiration for Federer words can't describe. But, he recently signed a deal with UNIQLO which was a mega deal due to which he dumped Nike. He asked Nike to match the offer, but they know that he's no longer going to be around for a long time. As per my understanding, it's a lifetime deal.

MSD has probably turned down any bat sponsorship because he's bowing out and doesn't want to rob someone off a lucrative deal. AB himself has benefitted massively from the MRF deal and I'm sure they wouldn't have offered him the money they did had he informed them of his retirement plans. Just a great great man MS!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Good win for CSK! Especially Suresh Raina with that innings that set the platform along with Shane Watson. I have a feeling that Rayudu will have a middling season this time. In that case, Raina should step up and play the leader role in the top order with Watson.

In the end, it was taken too light by Dhoni and co, but then we know how Dhoni operates. In fact, Dhoni's style of taking it easy and timing the chase is rubbing off on players who play with him in CSK (Kedar, Jadeja, etc seem to display similar characteristics in recent times)

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
KKR might struggle tomorrow with Russell out.

Punjab should get Tye in for Curran and Henriques for Pooran with Rahul keeping unfortunately.

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good win for CSK! Especially Suresh Raina with that innings that set the platform along with Shane Watson. I have a feeling that Rayudu will have a middling season this time. In that case, Raina should step up and play the leader role in the top order with Watson.

In the end, it was taken too light by Dhoni and co, but then we know how Dhoni operates. In fact, Dhoni's style of taking it easy and timing the chase is rubbing off on players who play with him in CSK (Kedar, Jadeja, etc seem to display similar characteristics in recent times)

Loved the way Raina dealt with short balls today from two bowlers bowling at 140+. This bodes well for the rest of the campaign. Thakur shouldn't be in the playing XI however, if he's only gonna bowl two overs. He's tended to be expensive whenever he usually bowls, and I'd rather have an extra batsman like du Plessis in place of him, with Rayudu moving down to 4. The likes of Jadhav, Raina and/or Watson could have easily bowled the two overs needed instead. CSK should also try to get a good replacement for Ngidi as the lack of a quality death bowler will surely prove to be detrimental in defending totals.

Given the horror collapse that happened in yesterday's chase, I'm glad that Dhoni was there to take the team home. Bigger totals might need better solutions than nearly playing out Axar for a maiden though, which is a cause for concern given the lack of an established batsman after Dhoni.

Pant's keeping has definitely improved recently. He also seems to be much more confident and well settled in the DC setup compared to India with the gloves. Dk was struggling with Lockie the other day, in contrast to Pant being quite comfortable with Rabada. He could go a long way if backed properly.

Wonder if Delhi made the wrong decision in trading Shankar away for Dhawan. Whilst their overseas openers weren't great last year, I feel that they would have been much better this season, especially in the case of Munro who's got a good record in t20s. Instead, he's now a bench player who's unlikely to play unless they opt to go with three openers in the top 3. On the other hand, Shankar would have been a much better option at 6 compared to Paul who bats like a tail-ender.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I wonder why the hell is Shardul Thakur being preferred over Mohit Sharma? Dhoni acknowledged today that Ngidi being ruled out is a big blow for them especially in the death overs. Mohit is a better death bowler with his slower balls and back of the hand cutters. And he is a former CSK'ian. Shardul has absolutely nothing in him. It makes sense to bring in David Willey and have Willey-Chahar handle the opening overs. And have Mohit-Bravo handle the death. Drop Harbhajan and Thakur for Willey and Mohit.

Also when does CSK play their game in Mumbai against MI? Hope its not too soon. Without Ngidi and a good death bowling replacement for him, we'd be toast at the Wankhede in the death overs. On flat pitches, you need a genuinely quick bowler and someone who can hold their own in the death.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Btw, great article from Harsha Bhogle on 'laws of cricket vs spirit of cricket'
https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-ne...the-game-be-at-variance-with-laws-of-the-game

I concur with Bhogle, and vote for the Mankading law to be amended where "the batsman at the non striker's end must stay in the crease until the ball has left the bowler's hand". And have an equal rule implemented where if a bowler stops intentionally after loading up and the batsman is inside his crease, then the batting team is awarded 5 penalty runs that counts against the bowler. This new rule could also thwart gamesmanship by the bowler who then cannot intentionally back out of a delivery after loading up (a certain Kieron Pollard did this quite often in IPL).

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Btw, great article from Harsha Bhogle on 'laws of cricket vs spirit of cricket'
https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-ne...the-game-be-at-variance-with-laws-of-the-game

I concur with Bhogle, and vote for the Mankading law to be amended where "the batsman at the non striker's end must stay in the crease until the ball has left the bowler's hand". And have an equal rule implemented where if a bowler stops intentionally after loading up and the batsman is inside his crease, then the batting team is awarded 5 penalty runs that counts against the bowler. This new rule could also thwart gamesmanship by the bowler who then cannot intentionally back out of a delivery after loading up (a certain Kieron Pollard did this quite often in IPL).

Agree with this solution. That mankading rule is so very vague, totally inviting for it to be misused

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Don't you guys think that Kings XI should play Tye for Curran and get Henriques for Pooran? Make Rahul keep? I think with Shami and Tye at the death and their spin in the middle, they can be one of the really top bowling sides.

Users who are viewing this thread