Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Should point out, players who are injured IRL and haven't played much cricket recently will lose rating points as their 'form' is going to be non-existent.
Bairstow just got injured, but was in the form of his life, will that affect his rating

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Bairstow just got injured, but was in the form of his life, will that affect his rating
Every case is different.

Bairstow only recently got injured so there is a sample for me to base his form ratings off of. So, he'll stay unaffected by the fact that he's injured IRL because he played as recently as a couple of weeks ago.

Can not say the same for someone like Jofra Archer. He'll be given base ratings for whatever his career stats are, and then he'll have a ratings deduction from his career averages for the fact he last played over a year ago.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Every case is different.

Bairstow only recently got injured so there is a sample for me to base his form ratings off of. So, he'll stay unaffected by the fact that he's injured IRL because he played as recently as a couple of weeks ago.

Can not say the same for someone like Jofra Archer. He'll be given base ratings for whatever his career stats are, and then he'll have a ratings deduction from his career averages for the fact he last played over a year ago.
I have 2 follow up questions.

1. While taking in form as a consideration, do you take the List A matches played in last one or two years as a sample size OR all formats performance. Asking this as this is a List A competition.

Suppose hypothetically, a player like R Ashwin is doing wonders in FC/Test matches, however he has been quite meh in List A/ODI in last 1-2 years. But in last 6 months he has played most of the matches in red ball, where he is in great touch.

2. A subset of this is, what if a player hasn't played any List A matches due to scheduling or any such reason. Will his form in other formats be taken into consideration or will it mean a fix drop in ratings due to lack of the List A matches played due to whatsoever reason.

----
I know my communication skills is a sucks, so incase my above explanation is confusing, let me know, I will try to explain again in a simpler form.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
I have 2 follow up questions.

1. While taking in form as a consideration, do you take the List A matches played in last one or two years as a sample size OR all formats performance. Asking this as this is a List A competition.

Suppose hypothetically, a player like R Ashwin is doing wonders in FC/Test matches, however he has been quite meh in List A/ODI in last 1-2 years. But in last 6 months he has played most of the matches in red ball, where he is in great touch.

2. A subset of this is, what if a player hasn't played any List A matches due to scheduling or any such reason. Will his form in other formats be taken into consideration or will it mean a fix drop in ratings due to missing the List A matches.

----
I know my communication skills is a sucks, so incase my above explanation is confusing, let me know, I will try to explain again in a simpler form.
1. I do consider overall form. If it's a List A format competition (such as this) and the player's been in terrific form in List A, their form will be considered as it is. If it's a List A competition and their form is terrific in First Class or Twenty20; they'll be knocked down a peg or two given it's a List A competition and their form is terrific in other formats.

I think Ravichandran Ashwin's IODC stats of 27 wickets @ 26.78 is very good considering his List A + ODI average of 32.42, when you consider he took 54 wickets @ 16.64 in Tests in 2021.

32.42 is his career average (List A and ODI combined) and he was in scintillating form in Tests, so finished with an average of 26.78. Which is quite impressive given that it wasn't Test cricket so his form shouldn't have translated as it is.

2. Yes, I do take into account form from other formats as I've said above. If I had to use players from IODC as an example, Ashwin, Tripathi, Bairstow, Buttler, Root, Nortje all fall into that category.

To me, form is whatever the most recent set of matches is. It can be in any format, and the narrative for it can be tweaked to support the basics of whatever the ongoing league is.

3. Please do not think of form as the end all be all for a player. Virat Kohli was in the slumps IRL, and finished with an average of 36.18 in IODC. Quite similar to his averages recently. He still scored two centuries in the competition, because the real-life anomaly of "Virat Kohli not being able to score a hundred" is not something you programme into a text-based simulator.

4. Please do remember statistical outliers such as Kuldeep Yadav from IODC. Kuldeep Yadav finished with 35 wickets @ 22.51 in 16 innings. You take his 7-for out from that, he has 28 wickets in 15 innings. A handful of extraordinary performances, or extraordinarily bad performances affect a player's overall stats greatly when the league is 10-game long. The sample size is always going to be small.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Retentions

:eng: :os: :wkb: Jonny Bairstow

:pak: :local: :bat: Babar Azam

:pak: :local: :ar: Iftikhar Ahmed
:aus: :os: :ar: Glenn Maxwell

:pak: :local: :ar: Shadab Khan

:nz: :os: :bwl: Trent Boult
:ind: :os: :bwl: Jasprit Bumrah
:aus: :os: :bat: David Warner
:saf: :os: :wkb: Quinton de Kock

:eng: :os: :ar: Joe Root

:pak: :local: :wkb: Mohammad Haris
:pak: :local: :ar: Qasim Akram

:pak: :local: :bwl: Mohammad Husnain
:aus: :os: :bwl: Josh Hazlewood

:afg: :os: :bwl: Mujeeb Ur Rehman
:nz: :os: :ar: Kane Williamson

:pak: :local: :bat: Saud Shakeel
:eng: :os: :ar: Ben Stokes
:pak: :local: :wkb: Azam Khan

:pak: :local: :bwl: Haris Rauf
:pak: :local: :bwl: Shahnawaz Dahani

:pak: :local: :bwl: Usman Qadir
:pak: :local: :ar: Zafar Gohar
:pak: :local: :bat: Shan Masood

:aus: :os: :ar: Steven Smith
:pak: :local: :wkb: Mohammad Rizwan

:pak: :local: :bat: Asif Ali
:pak: :local: :bat: Khushdil Shah
:pak: :local: :ar: Imad Wasim

:aus: :os: :bwl: Pat Cummins
:pak: :local: :bat: Fakhar Zaman
:pak: :local: :bat: Sharjeel Khan

:ind: :os: :bat: Virat Kohli

:ban: :os: :ar: Shakib Al Hasan

:afg: :os: :ar: Rashid Khan

:pak: :local: :bwl: Mohammad Amir
:pak: :local: :bat: Imam-Ul-Haq
:ind: :os: :bat: Rohit Sharma

:saf: :os: :bat: Rassie van der Dussen
:pak: :local: :ar: Umar Amin

:pak: :local: :ar: Kamran Ghulam
:eng: :os: :wkb: Jos Buttler

:pak: :local: :ar: Mohammad Nawaz
:pak: :local: :ar: Amad Butt

:pak: :local: :bwl: Shaheen Afridi

Squad Compositions

ISLAMABAD UNITED - 3 locals / 4 overseas
- Need 11 players to complete squad
- Up to 3 more overseas players allowed

KARACHI KINGS - 3 locals / 5 overseas
- Need 10 players to complete squad
- Up to 2 more overseas players allowed

LAHORE QALANDARS - 6 locals / 2 overseas
- Need 10 players to complete squad
- Up to 5 more overseas players allowed

MULTAN SULTANS - 5 locals / 2 overseas
- Need 11 players to complete squad
- Up to 5 more overseas players allowed

PESHAWAR ZALMI - 3 locals / 3 overseas
- Need 12 players to complete squad
- Up to 4 more overseas players allowed

QUETTA GLADIATORS - 6 locals / 3 overseas
- Need 9 players to complete squad
- Up to 4 more overseas players allowed

* up to two additional 'Injury Reserves' allowed for each team (one of which can be :os:)
- Complete details for the Player Draft to be revealed soon

@CerealKiller/@Disharies @Ahmad94/@Umair7 @ahmedleo414/@AsadRM @Naman7 @ABDULLAH/@Parth D @RUDI/@Yash.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys

Users who are viewing this thread