Story 10 over World Cup

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'm half way through a World Cup which I'll update here when I play more matches.

My last match was against Sri Lanka. They restricted me to 73/5 off 10 overs and then hit 44 off the last 2 overs to win the match with a 4 off the last ball after I had bowled brilliantly for the first 8 overs. I'll get some screens up later.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
England bowling stats:

engslbowl.jpg

just those last two overs...

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Final Group Stage Match
England vs Netherlands

These were the top two teams in the group going into this match but England batted and bowled brilliantly to ensure that they would top the group (although the loss to SL means that they won't take maximum points to the super 6)

England paced their innings beautifully with a flurry of runs during the first and last 2 overs and and a steady increase in the middle. The Dutch bowlers didn't help themsleves. With England 91/3 and only one ball to go, De Leede bowled a no ball, got hit for 4 and then for 6 on the extra ball gifting England another 11 runs.
Some extremely tight bowling with only one boundary being scored saw Holland struggle to 18/3 off their 10 overs. Two players getting caught deep in the final over with wild slogs.

engnedstats.jpg

engnedbat.jpg

engnedbowl.jpg

A truly excellent and comprehensive victory for England.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
2nd Super Six Match
England vs West Indies

On a dusty pitch the West Indies won the toss and decided to bowl first. Marcus Trescothick and Michael Vaughan were in ominous form crashing a 50 partnership off just 4 overs.

Vaughan strokes one for 4:

vaughandrive.jpg

Trescothick also got a bit lucky when he was caught on the boundary but the fielder put his foot over the rope:

wc6catch.jpg

He top scored with 80 in the end from just 37 balls:

wcengwibatting.jpg

Spider and Manhattan

stats.jpg

Full Scorecard

engwiscore.jpg

WI innings coming soon

M

m_vaughan

should be another comfortable win for england

also btw what are thorpe and butcher doing in the one day team?

and the screen where the windies player puts his foot over the rope, he appears to have dropped the catch as well. (or is it another ea bug?)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
The catch is an EA bug, if you watch closely no catches go straight in; indeed many bounce on the ground or suddenly veer into the fielders hands.
Thorpe and Butcher are in the ODI team because I'm picking the squad not David Graveney... (likewise Blackwell for Giles although I dropped Harmison because he's a terrible ODI player in the game and I haven't got round to changing his stats)

Attachments

• read.JPG
    read.JPG
    4.2 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread