4)Hussey
5)White
6)Watson
7)Ferguson
8)Johnson
9)Lee
10)Hauritz
11)Siddle

Interested to see who will come in for Clarke.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hopes won't last much longer than Watson has so far, if anyone was to move I would try White, I would have said Johnson but he now is our finisher.

piriyanth

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hopes won't last much longer than Watson has so far, if anyone was to move I would try White, I would have said Johnson but he now is our finisher.

White for opening:eek:. He will probably slog a few balls and gets out.

If not Hopes then I will promote Hussey for opening and give White the no.4 spot.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
White batted at 3 and averaged like 50 or something, and quite a few times he was coming in early so he should do just fine if moved to opener.

P

pcfan123

Yeah well that makes sense.

Btw, He's 17 years old not 19!

Who really knows, according to cricinfo Afridi is in his late 20s :sarcasm

Remember that quote from Yasir Hameed :

"My cricket age is also my real age."
Yasir Hameed when asked why he made a debut aged 25, which is considered old by Pakistani standards
Aug 18, 2008

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Who really knows, according to cricinfo Afridi is in his late 20s :sarcasm

Remember that quote from Yasir Hameed :

"My cricket age is also my real age."
Yasir Hameed when asked why he made a debut aged 25, which is considered old by Pakistani standards
Aug 18, 2008
Mohammad Aamer is actually 17, I can vouch for his age's accuracy as well as Umar Akmal's (19).

They had bone / wrist tests for the U-19 WC when they were younger which is accurate by 6 months (+/-)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
GO PAKISTAN! Just for today, its "Dil Dil Pakistan" for all Indian fans....:) If Pakistan win, I will have a Pakistani player DP and signature for 2 days (even if India dont beat WI by the required margin or dont beat them at all). Younis's words sound good and hope they can win the game and do us the favor.

Even if India's chances didnt hinge on this game, I would have been on Pakistan's side because I dont hate them that much whereas I hate Australia...

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Read something on cricinfo...

Quote: "There will presumably be little love lost between Asif and the Australians who, prior to the 2007 World Cup, vented their anger at the PCB for recalling the controversial paceman barely a year after he tested positive to nandrolone. Asif has courted controversy ever since, and will be determined to make the most of what may be his last chance in the international game. A fascinating subplot to an intriguing match. "

Interesting that these same Australians had no problem with welcoming a certain blonde leg spinner back as soon as his drug ban was ended.

Maybe Ponting should accept Asif's word that it was Shane Warne's mum who gave him the drugs, might solve a lot of problems.

What double standards?

P

pcfan123

Well, Ricky Ponting or none of the Australians actually said anything about Asif.

So the double standards you would be refering to are in the minds of the press (cricinfo).

Best to ignore them and not fuel this fire.

TumTum

International Cricketer
Is Watson going to open?

Well Ponting was the main guy that settled the innings in both matches, if he gets out early, the new guys will be tested.

There is a positive in this though, that Watson has not scored a run and we managed fine without him.

Hussey is a bit up and down too, played well last game but other days he gets out cheaply, he was so consistent in his prime.

I think Aussie bowlers will dominate against Pak here, they did in Dubai and that was a slow pitch, it's all upto the Aussies to get a good start and not lose a wicket 1st Ball.

Ponting will not be tied down easily, he is in really good form.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well we don't want to keep relying on Ponting, hes bound to fail sooner or later so Watson better find form soon.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Read something on cricinfo...

Quote: "There will presumably be little love lost between Asif and the Australians who, prior to the 2007 World Cup, vented their anger at the PCB for recalling the controversial paceman barely a year after he tested positive to nandrolone. Asif has courted controversy ever since, and will be determined to make the most of what may be his last chance in the international game. A fascinating subplot to an intriguing match. "

Interesting that these same Australians had no problem with welcoming a certain blonde leg spinner back as soon as his drug ban was ended.

Maybe Ponting should accept Asif's word that it was Shane Warne's mum who gave him the drugs, might solve a lot of problems.

What double standards?

Which Australians? Who vented anger?

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I am supporting Aussies because whoever I support looses these days. ;)

Come on Ponting give us 150

Users who are viewing this thread