15th Match, Group F: Australia v India at Bridgetown

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
BKB1991 said:
This guy is very talented, and though does lack maturity at times, could be the next big Indian batsmen

He isn't as good a batsman as people make him to be. But that's another debate and requires a separate thread.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Exactly. If we had a vote on the no. of Indians that didnt want Sharma in the squad we would have had a unanimous decision. Its strange that most non-Indian fans back him more than the Indians. This guy is very talented, and though does lack maturity at times, could be the next big Indian batsmen. And the only way you can improve him as a player is to give him more time with the current Indian set-up

Its not as if Rohit Sharma proved wrong all those people who didnt back him. To be honest, he deserved all the sack that he has got so far in his career. He is a highly talented player who did not want to take use of the opportunities presented to him. Most of the time, his attitude has been poor. Today he clicked and its good for him. But those who did not want him in the team cant be blamed at all (I was one of them who didnt mind Rohit not playing).

Even today, he was swinging it wildly initially. He was lucky that some of his swings didnt connect and also he got the time in the middle to play his strokes. ROHIT SHARMA WAS LUCKY TODAY, THATS THE TRUTH!!!

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I disagree. I think he's a lot better than the majority of Indian fans give him credit for. I've not seen many people rating him at all on this forum.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
^Agree brother. Rohit gets a little too much crap. He's still a disappointment though. He's got a bit of Mark Waugh about him to me, the kind of player who's oozing with class, but has never really dominated. That's being very unfair to Mark Waugh BTW - 99.9% of people would love his career.

In the IPL final, Raina played the same 'throw the sink at it' kind of shot. He got lucky when Zaheer Khan dropped a catch and also Abhishek Nayar and another fielder misjudged another catch. But here, the Aussies are excellent fielders and caught hold of it.

I remember reading the reports of the IPL final before I'd watched the replay and I was expecting awesomeness from Raina based on said gushing reports. He was a lucky SOB in that match. Mixed in some great shots too, but could have been held 3 times like you said.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
^Agree brother. Rohit gets a little too much crap. He's still a disappointment though. He's got a bit of Mark Waugh about him to me, the kind of player who's oozing with class, but has never really dominated. That's being very unfair to Mark Waugh BTW - 99.9% of people would love his career.

I remember reading the reports of the IPL final before I'd watched the replay and I was expecting awesomeness from Raina based on said gushing reports. He was a lucky SOB in that match. Mixed in some great shots too, but could have been held 3 times like you said.

Even in the previous match vs South Africa, Raina played the same shot a few times. Luckily due to the pace of the pitch being far slower than Barbados, they didnt go high up in the air and also some of the shots, the pace of the bowler guided it to the boundary. Raina has done nothing to his technique since the last T20 WC. He has just been batting on lifeless pitches and boosting his fake reputation and runs.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Gotta love the 263 comments for this thread opposed to the maximum of 75 for another match thread :D

Gazza added 4 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Hmm, if I am correct, the last time these two teams met in WCT20 was in South Africa where Harbhjan and co pulled off a win.

Incorrect. The last time was a dreadful waste of the $5 I payed, Australia v India at the MCG in 2008.

Oh the hype! They'd beat us in the last two games and came here all talked up etc, and were dismissed for 74 or something, the second lowest T20I total! It was all over in about 27 overs, dismal game....

TumTum

International Cricketer
What can I say Gazza it was an epic game, did you watch it live?

Anyways hMarka was talking about WC matches..

TumTum added 3 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Oh the hype! They'd beat us in the last two games and came here all talked up etc, and were dismissed for 74 or something, the second lowest T20I total! It was all over in about 27 overs, dismal game....

Was that the game with the umbrella field for Voges? :D

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Love the India bashing in this thread, especially by England fans :laugh

I gotta get in on that. :D

Even the Bangla bowlers bowled better than the Indians

MacLovin added 14 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

If I can recall, Warner's bat called the Kaboom? I heard the commies talk about it during WI tour of Oz.

I couldnt find a link though.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Mahela has been in great form this tournament and it will be interesting to see how he goes against the Aussie fastmen and Mendis is also bowling well so Aus vs SL should be a cracking contest.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Well played Aussies. This Indian batting line up cannot handle bounce in ODI format. In test matches you have 5 days so they can afford quite overs but when it comes to short format they cannot afford too many quite overs. In trying to get the pace of scoring up they end up playing crap shots.

This has been our weakness in last two ICC events and will haunt this year as well. I do not think WI bowlers will be as threatening as Aussies but still will be hard for India to beat them.

The pitch was never a 183 pitch and once the Aussies got past 160 in 16 overs the game was already sealed. The 6 sixes in 6 balls of Jadeja proved to be the difference for me in the end. Chasing 150 or thereabout on this pitch would have been ideal for India and they would have done that had it not been for those 6 balls.

Indian fans always love to think that they have the team to beat Aussies but to be very very frank and honest, since the time I have been watching cricket Australia has had a lid on India in shorter format. In last few years barring the win in Australia, we have hardly put up fight against them.

Australia on the other hand should don't get carried away by this performance. They have so far beaten the sub continent teams which do not handle pace that well. I still think Saffers can tame down this side. England will also give a good fight therefore a road to final will not be easy for them.

Users who are viewing this thread