19th of May - New IC10 video teaser - with actual gameplay

P

pcfan123

I just hope they have play and misses like in 04, there was hardly and play and miss in ac09

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
You would have a play a shot extremely early or late in AC09 to get a swing and miss. And it was really obvious. The ball beating the batsmen happens all the time in cricket and needs to be reinstated somehow.

P

pcfan123

anyone else agree that Cricket 04 had the best play and miss system. Soo bloody realistic

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
On the whole EA's gameplay has generally been better than Codies with a couple of differences...

1. Codies has 360 degree shot selection which EA hasn't managed to do.
2. Codies gameplay is easier for casual gamers to pick up and play.

If you are looking to play offline, EA is the way to go whereas Codies is better for online or multi-player mode. If EA manages to implement 360 degree shot selection they would have a better game as EA has most of the shot animations spot on. I mean look at Cricket 2004 or Cricket 2007's square cut, square drive, cover drive or flick to fine leg. The shots look so realistic. Shame they didn't follow up on that.

sibis

School Cricketer
On the whole EA's gameplay has generally been better than Codies with a couple of differences...

1. Codies has 360 degree shot selection which EA hasn't managed to do.
2. Codies gameplay is easier for casual gamers to pick up and play.

If you are looking to play offline, EA is the way to go whereas Codies is better for online or multi-player mode. If EA manages to implement 360 degree shot selection they would have a better game as EA has most of the shot animations spot on. I mean look at Cricket 2004 or Cricket 2007's square cut, square drive, cover drive or flick to fine leg. The shots look so realistic. Shame they didn't follow up on that.

I agree!
Except for the AI and graphics, EA's game was the best! The shot animations were perfect and was very smooth...They had tour mode too and infact in cricket 2004 they even implemented height i guess?! EA is always the best in making quality games!
I just hope they get back into the market and then will see some amazing game developments!:D

Last edited:

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
CK04 was the best starting point for a decent cricket game. I don't know who made them develop CK05 and rehash the same into CK07. Things could have been so different if they had improved on the formula they had in 2004.

Users who are viewing this thread