1st Ashes Test Match - Reduced Skills. Full Playtest.

Australia remain in control of Test. England boyed by wicket in the last over of the day.
England fight back after Tea removing Clarke and Voges, before Haddin (44*) and Marsh (43) regain initiative for Australia on Day 1.

Missing the Voges and Clarke wicket! Will post them up when I can!

Last edited:
When creating your Aus and Eng teams, did you make the spinners tall too? Unless it's the pitch (dusty, hard, uneven) far too many spin deliveries go over the stumps than is a) realistic or b) conducive to taking wickets (which is the main aim imo). Only edges I've got so far in 130 overs have been 1 to WK and to gully (and all 3 off Lyon, which I assumed never resulted in thick edges so had no gully in place...)

When creating your Aus and Eng teams, did you make the spinners tall too? Unless it's the pitch (dusty, hard, uneven) far too many spin deliveries go over the stumps than is a) realistic or b) conducive to taking wickets (which is the main aim imo). Only edges I've got so far in 130 overs have been 1 to WK and to gully (and all 3 off Lyon, which I assumed never resulted in thick edges so had no gully in place...)

No have not changed the height. But have had LBW and bowleds with the spinner. You just need to pitch it up by messing around with the needle.

It must just be the pitch then, as it happens I got a couple of lbw's just clipping the bails, I can just remember many frustrating instances of height being the issue when looking at BARS. I did make sure to bowl fuller too, it's just I normally had no problem with height whatsoever.

Australia continue their dominance in 2nd Test as they look to level the series.
Johnson (74) survives early scares to power Australia past 450 before Lunch on Day 2 before Root (4/31) helps England finally wrap up innings for 462.

Have a look out for the Starc dismissal and the turn Ali and Root were getting away from the lefties. Again not as many edges as cloudy but with these settings a good variation of dismissals and a good tussle between bat and ball going at a stead rate of 3.6. Great fun again.

Australia continue their dominance in 2nd Test as they look to level the series.
Johnson (74) survives early scares to power Australia past 450 before Lunch on Day 2 before Root (4/31) helps England finally wrap up innings for 462.

Have a look out for the Starc dismissal and the turn Ali and Root were getting away from the lefties. Again not as many edges as cloudy but with these settings a good variation of dismissals and a good tussle between bat and ball going at a stead rate of 3.6. Great fun again.

What a performance by Root!

Shows how much of an impact cloudy weather makes...

Which stadium in the game, would you guys say had the "most" cloudy days?

Maybe just bad luck but i seem to find that when doing a competition, i got alot more clear days than when im doing a casual match!

Also when i get clear days the stupid geezer says its cloudy!!

Correction: hes not stupid, RealWorldData confuses the best of us!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread