1st Ashes Test Match - Reduced Skills. Full Playtest.

Man these videos look awesome!

Any specific academy teams we should be using now or just manually playing around with stats!?

Great work from everyone who has been playing around to work this out

Man these videos look awesome!

Any specific academy teams we should be using now or just manually playing around with stats!?

Great work from everyone who has been playing around to work this out

I just manually updated mine with cooks recommended stats from page 14 of this thread, then just played around and made a few tweaks here and there.

Last edited:
I started an Australia tour to England with both teams possessing the new attributes. The gameplay I feel has been much better, lots of playing and missing, edges flying over the slips and edges flying to different angles that it never used to before. Much more realistic I feel. I think I will do this for all International teams and maybe lower some of the stats for associate teams.

As I haven't been playing DBC14 for a while, I've been kind of off the radar with these things, but I am so pleased that the community has got together and made this game work. There is a lot to be thankful for in the work the Big Ant have done in creating a platform, but it has taken a lot of work and testing for us to get to this level. I have to give huge praise to Cooky and Dave for starting this all off with myself (I did nothing except help the guys play test!) all those months ago. I'm so pleased that everyone has got involved and I hope everyone applies these settings and feeds back to Big Ant.

Good work boys and girls!

I just manually updated mine with cooks recommended stats from page 14 of this thread, then just played around and made a few tweaks here and there.

Be good if you could detail what tweaks you made, just so people can either replicate or try some different ones. I am going to try and get some play testing done on XBOX360 this week so I'd like to try something different to yourself. Thanks :-)[DOUBLEPOST=1439390392][/DOUBLEPOST]
What run rate are you folks getting from the AI?

When I was playing a month or so ago, I was getting around 2.8-3.0 an over with the top order, but going for 4.5-5 from the tail!

1st Test, 1st Innings ENG (AI) vs AUS (ME).

4 edges, 3 x to keeper, 1 x to 1st slip. And a legit run out (On PS4, so there is no patch 3 playing a part here. lol). Couldn't believe I got a run out from the AI. There were 2 run outs in the match, but the 1st one was that bug where the AI creeps forward after a run, and then gets stumped.

I was happy with how the AI batted for most part. They had 2 nice partnerships, but other than that, the wickets came in quick succession. Felt they could have done better? What scores do you folks normally get from the AI on PRO ?

I will start my batting innings either tonight, or tomorrow.

Innings 1 Eng AI Batting.jpg

This was the run out, I was so surprised by this, I forgot which buttons did what. hahaha. So started bashing them, and got the run out. Almost didn't get a recording (also from being surprised), but managed to calm myself and get it done. Again, this is on PS4, where NO run outs have happened for me (And as far as I know, anyone else on consoles either). ENJOY!

Has anyone saved these settings to teams in the Academy? Just loaded up the game for the first time in a month and all my old data has disappeared (again!) so I have none of the settings right :-(

Seriously? You folks are making me sad with no comments on the PS4 run out........ :eek::eek:

Hahahaha, I'm taking it, as you can also not believe it......:lol:lol:lol:lol

Be good if you could detail what tweaks you made, just so people can either replicate or try some different ones. I am going to try and get some play testing done on XBOX360 this week so I'd like to try something different to yourself. Thanks :-)[DOUBLEPOST=1439390392][/DOUBLEPOST]

When I was playing a month or so ago, I was getting around 2.8-3.0 an over with the top order, but going for 4.5-5 from the tail!

I've put straight bat and front foot up to 11/12 for a few of the higher order batsmen to see if it helped with the high number of caught and bowled. I haven't had one recently but I've had less edges too.[DOUBLEPOST=1439560435][/DOUBLEPOST]
Has anyone saved these settings to teams in the Academy? Just loaded up the game for the first time in a month and all my old data has disappeared (again!) so I have none of the settings right :-(

Wealey said he's done Eng and Aus under the name HarryW, don't know if someone has a more comprehensive update.

Not sure about you guys, but the AI use their feet alot more to me at the moment. Had a guy bowled coming down the tack and ball spinninh past outside edge!

Not sure about you guys, but the AI use their feet alot more to me at the moment. Had a guy bowled coming down the tack and ball spinninh past outside edge!

Yes I agree, I had a stumping chance in much the same way, missed it though as I couldn't believe it had happened!

I've put straight bat and front foot up to 11/12 for a few of the higher order batsmen to see if it helped with the high number of caught and bowled. I haven't had one recently but I've had less edges too.[DOUBLEPOST=1439560435][/DOUBLEPOST]

Wealey said he's done Eng and Aus under the name HarryW, don't know if someone has a more comprehensive update.

Thanks mate, I'll have a look tonight. Very annoyed as I spent ages doing Eng, Aus, Pakistan and SAF!

Interesting what you said about the straight bat, because I tested a while back with straight bat higher (around the same as yourself) but kept front foot and back foot low and had an increase in edges.

Users who are viewing this thread