1st Test: England v Australia at Nottingham Jul 10-14, 2013

Game strongly in England's favor with the track getting harder and harder to bat on.

----------

And another falls, Smith out. This is a game and a half.

Amazing! Within two balls the complexion of the match has completely changed. Test cricket!

Another one, Another one, Another one, Another one.

This is so much like watching Pakistani's bat.

Agar - to do it twice would be absurd

Clarke,Smith & Hughes all gone so can Agar do it again :D

Last edited:
137 more needed with 4 wickets in hand.We can still win this if we use our heads

Going to be very difficult. For the first time ever I am rooting for Australia in an Ashes series. Fingers firmly crossed for a miracle...

Well Umair's relentless and slightly deluded optimism continues unabated.
Hard to score runs on this pitch. Yes Agar is there but he's a 19 year old who's played only 10 first class games as a bowler not Don Bradman (although their averages are very similar).

A really great match to watch but I'm very confident we're not going to see anything as close as Edgbaston 2005 here.

A really great match to watch but I'm very confident we're not going to see anything as close as Edgbaston 2005 here.

Stepping in dangerous territory there Colin! :p

You'd expect England to win but the pitch is still very slow and hard to take wickets on. If Australia can bat for a long period and be willing to graft to make runs, then they still have a chance.

They don't have the batters. Haddin will play a silly shot and whilst Agar may stick around I can't see Aus getting within 50.

Teams can now always expect a collapse in that middle order. All that after the openers got us to a good start. Clarke isn't dispelling the myth that he isn't as good at 4. Cowan is done and dusted.

Users who are viewing this thread