2010 FIFA World Cup Discussion

blake

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Feel free to discuss anything related to the 2010 FIFA World Cup in this thread. Who will win? Which nation will be the biggest surprise? What big countries will be bundled out at the group stages?

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Spain to win the World Cup. Italy runners up. Australia to get to the Quarter Finals. New Zealand to draw Italy. That is what I think will happen. I have a feeling New Zealand could get close against Italy by either drawing them or losing out in a close game.

P

pcfan123

I hope the USA lose early, last thing I want is for us to do well and soccer to become popular here :laugh

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Oy, Hmarka, it's bloody called Football! Get it right;):p

Generally people in Australia are expecting the Socceroosto make it past the group stage. But I wouldn't be too convinced, we have a hard group.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
USA actually have the most fans travelling to SA for this.

Spain should win it. Brazil may pose some threats, but Spain are just so strong. I can't see France doing any good. Such a troubled time for them atm.

mattfb added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

I wouldn't be surprised if Australia lost every game. That said we are also every chance to go through.

P

pcfan123

That does not mean anything, we also have the most fans who travel to figure skating events but that does not mean its popular here amongst the mainstream.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
It may not be mainstream but it's certainly popular to a certain extent. To have the most fans travelling there out of all the nations does mean something.

mattfb added 2 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

Australia to get to the Quarter Finals. .

You seem confident. To do that we will have to;
1) Get out of our group
2) Most likely face England in the round of 16 and then have to beat them.

JBlues08

Club Captain
Spain to win the World Cup and maybe France to crash out of the competition early.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
The top 2 from each go through to the round of 16. Then the winners of the Round of 16 matches go to the quarter finals, then the semi's, then the final.

EDIT: You beat me to it again J-Psychic :p

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
We play NZ at home on the 24th of May. Then we head to South Africa and play USA and Denmark in warm ups.

blake

School Cricketer
124dhep.png

Made it a week ago for 99designs but the competition closed for no reason.. so I am posting it here instead.

Users who are viewing this thread