2010 FIFA World Cup Discussion

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
If you are behind the goalkeeper when the ball is played you are offside. He was just behind him.

That was a sensational finish. Just what this game needed. I would put money on Mexico scoring the next one though.

harrisb

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Mexico were offside from that corner because you cannot pass the ball to somebody who is in front of the keeper. The SA keeper came to try and punch it, and so the Mexico guy on the line (Vela?) was offside as he was in front of the keeper.

It was a very nice goal, and they could have had a couple themselves in this half.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Poor defending that, but an excelent cross. Wouldn't be surprised to see a winner in these last ten minutes.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
That is one of the best games of football i've watched in a while, sets the standard for a great tournament. Hope more of this will come

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Not a bad start for the hosts. If they can somehow get out of their group, it'll be good for the tournament.

Edit: I'm BaaaaAAAACK!!! :laugh

D

Dutch

Great game. First half was tense and cagey as expected but the goal certainly livened things up. Mexico were better overall but SA should be kicking themsleves for not winning this one: at least two other massive chances to bury this one.

D

Dutch

Really want the Uruguay-France game to kick-off now. Can't wait another 2 hours :p

Hey Trev, how you doing? Any idea how the Uruguay team shape up? Are they going to be a decent opponent for France?

D

Dutch

Are you scared of losing your investment(s) mate :D:D

Nah, what comes round, comes round! I must admit I have lost a few bets over the past few weeks though but if even one of my specials comes off I am right back on top....and on top is my favourite position! (Damn, what a give away!):):p

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hey Trev, how you doing? Any idea how the Uruguay team shape up? Are they going to be a decent opponent for France?

They are excellent going forward. Diego Forlan (At. Madrid), Luis Suarez (Ajax) and Edinson Cavani (Palermo) are their best players, and they all play up front. They have a decent defence as well with Diego Lugano and Jorge Fucile. France will certainly be tested, but I still think they'll beat them.

D

Dutch

They are excellent going forward. Diego Forlan (At. Madrid), Luis Suarez (Ajax) and Edinson Cavani (Palermo) are their best players, and they all play up front. They have a decent defence as well with Diego Lugano and Jorge Fucile. France will certainly be tested, but I still think they'll beat them.

Ah Forlan, of course. Not a lot of people know that Uruguay actually one this damn thing in 1934 I think!

Users who are viewing this thread