2010 FIFA World Cup Discussion

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Good graphic there, Blake :)

Surprised, no one gave England a shot or even reaching the Semi's! To me, After Spain, Brazil and England are the strongest teams in the competition.
I'm actually rooting for them to reach the Finals. Spain and England Final would be Awesome! and Spain lifting the cup would be awesome-er :D

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
1 Winner A vs Runner up B
2 Winner C vs Runner up D
3 Winner D vs Runner up C
4 Winner B vs Runner up A
5 Winner E vs Runner up F
6 Winner G vs Runner up H
7 Winner F vs Runner up E
8 Winner H vs Runner up G

QF 1 Winner Match 5 vs Winner Match 6
QF 2 Winner Match 1 vs Winner Match 2
QF 3 Winner Match 3 vs Winner Match 4
QF 4 Winner Match 7 vs Winner Match 8

SF 1 Winner QF1 vs Winner QF2
SF 2 Winner QF3 vs Winner QF4

Final Winner SF1 vs Winner SF2

Thats the tournament layout after the group stage. So I predict;

1 France vs Greece
2 England vs Australia
3 Germany vs USA
4 Argentina vs Mexico
5 Holland vs Paraguay
6 Brazil vs Switzerland
7 Italy vs Denmark
8 Spain vs Portugal

QF 1 Holland vs Brazil
QF 2 Greece vs England
QF 3 Germany vs Argentina
QF 4 Italy vs Spain

SF 1 Holland vs England
SF 2 Argentina vs Spain

Final Holland vs Spain

Winner Holland

blake

School Cricketer
My updated predictions. Have changed a few teams around from some previous predictions that I've made.

1 France 1-0 Greece
2 England 3-2 Serbia
3 Germany 4-1 USA
4 Argentina 2-1 Mexico
5 Holland 2-0 Paraguay
6 Brazil 3-1 Chile
7 Italy 3-0 Cameroon
8 Spain 2-1 Portugal

QF 1 Holland 1-2 Brazil
QF 2 France 2-3 England
QF 3 Germany 3-1 Argentina
QF 4 Italy 0-1 Spain

SF 1 Brazil 1-1 England (Brazil win on penalties)
SF 2 Germany 0-2 Spain

Final Brazil 0-1 Spain

Winner Spain

Last edited:

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Just made a little sweepstake between me and eight of my mates.

Pretty much we split the teams up into a top nine group, and a ten - eighteen group, and picked one team out of each group.

I picked out Brazil (top nine), and Greece (ten - eighteen), both of which I though were pretty decent picks.

----------

On another note I heard this thing on the radio, apparently a dream final for the journalists around the world would be England vs Brazil, and a nightmare final for them would be North Korea vs New Zealand. :laugh

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Just made a little sweepstake between me and eight of my mates.

Pretty much we split the teams up into a top nine group, and a ten - eighteen group, and picked one team out of each group.

I picked out Brazil (top nine), and Greece (ten - eighteen), both of which I though were pretty decent picks.

----------

On another note I heard this thing on the radio, apparently a dream final for the journalists around the world would be England vs Brazil, and a nightmare final for them would be North Korea vs New Zealand. :laugh

My dream final would be South Korea vs North Korea. How cool would that be...

It won't happen though so I'll settle for Spain vs England or Spain vs Argentina.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
A south korea vs north korea match would be immense, they'd probably all come out onto the fields with weapons of some sort.

My dream final would be New Zealand vs Australia, not that that's actually going to happen.

King Cricket

International Coach
Don't know much about football, apart from the fact that there are certain teams like England, France, Brazil, Argentina, Spain etc who are the world's bests at this sport and are also the favourites to win the World Cup. :D Have heard the names of certain stars courtsey the EPL and print media, but tbh, I have very little idea as to in what positions they play and what are their weaknesses/strengths. Nonetheless, I would try to follow the WC as the whole world seems to be enthusiastic about it, and no matter what new channel I change to, it's always the news of this tournament. Not to mention that I'm bored and badly need something to indulge in to kill the time. Will try to research and learn more about the game as the tournament progresses. ;)

chelsea boy

School Cricketer
Don't know much about football, apart from the fact that there are certain teams like England, France, Brazil, Argentina, Spain etc who are the world's bests at this sport and are also the favourites to win the World Cup. :D Have heard the names of certain stars courtsey the EPL and print media, but tbh, I have very little idea as to in what positions they play and what are their weaknesses/strengths. Nonetheless, I would try to follow the WC as the whole world seems to be enthusiastic about it, and no matter what new channel I change to, it's always the news of this tournament. Not to mention that I'm bored and badly need something to indulge in to kill the time. Will try to research and learn more about the game as the tournament progresses. ;)

I would definately if i was you try and watch as much of brazil and spain as you can i gaurantee you will witness a masterclass in how to play football.
But if you just want poor football, drama and heartbreak come and watch england.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Looking forward to this want South Africa to win this even if I drew Mexico in the sweepstake we're having.

Get Zuma off one of my most disliked foreign heads of state.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
They've had a few half decent attacks. Need to go down the right more though. A ton of space whenever they have

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
They have looked much better this half, but I still think Mexico possess too much of a threat going forward to lose this.

A great decision from the linesman in the first half. Most of the linesman in England probably would have let that goal stood. Uzbekistan linesmen FTW! :p

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Am I missing some offside rule thing? Didn't see how it was offside.

Quality goal from SA. Mexico probably deserved 1 or 2 in the first half though

Users who are viewing this thread