2018 World Cup Bids

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The US Soccer Federation president Sunil Gulati has stated that the USA would bid for the FIFA World Cup in 2018. This comes 1 week after the UK government announced its backing for an English Bid.

A European host is most likely in 2018 after the 2010 games in South Africa and a South American (Unconfirmed) country in 2014. But Fifa regarded the 1994 USA World cup as a huge success.

So, where would you prefer it to be held?

Sureshot

Executive member
Well USA had it only 24 years between events, that's too close imo given that we could hold a brilliant world cup plus it'll have been 52 years between events.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
If Spain wasn't such a hive of scum and racism then i'd like it to be held there.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
I would say Spain if not for the fans.
I would say England if not for the fans.
I would say Italy if not for the fans.

You know, I don't ****ing know!!!

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Tad unfair isn't it Matt.

Stadiums like Barca's and Real's are very good, and its been shown the spanish authorities have means on controlling racism, but it seems to avade the national coach. If spain had the WC then the security would be stepped up to the maximum like Germany (Were there is a bit of trouble just like Spain.)

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Simbazz said:
Tad unfair isn't it Matt.

Stadiums like Barca's and Real's are very good, and its been shown the spanish authorities have means on controlling racism, but it seems to avade the national coach.

Watch any Spanish league game and there will be at least one case of racism towards a black player. I don't care how good the stadiums are, Spain is full of racist filth and the authorities are doing sod all about it. If they are doing things about it then it clearly isn't working.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Spain had it in 82. I'd love a WC in England that I can actually remember reather than being constantly reminded of one from before I was born.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
I would love the World Cup to be held in Spain. Some of the best stadiums in the world and is also an awesome place to visit. It would be a magnificent world cup.

And Racism has been dealth with fairly well this season and very few games face problems caused by an extreme minority of idiots.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Well banning "members" from the rest of the season or more is the correct punishment as there are only a few causing problems.

Sureshot

Executive member
It's more than just a few, I've heard hundreds on numerous times.

The paltry fines to the clubs is what I'm talking about. ?2,000 fines, etc.

D

Deleted member 11215

england. we got loads of stunning stadiums that dont get enough credit. a WC final at wembley would be amazing!

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
there would be the emirates,old trafford,st James,Wembley and Liverpools new stadium (probably)

give it to us!

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
stadium of light as well, also by then Stamford Bridge will be a decent size with excellent facilities. Basically we will have a lot of top class stadiums about.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
City of Manchester holds near 50,000 too. We have the best stadiums and a lot will be bigger in 2018. Fergie wants old trafford to be 100,000!

Users who are viewing this thread