Australia can host Soccer World Cup

danny2502

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
One Problem With Having It India Is That They Have A Crap Football Team And They Will Get Thrashed 12-0 every Match Same As the aussies really there crap at every sport

sachin

International Coach
danny2502 said:
One Problem With Having It India Is That They Have A Crap Football Team And They Will Get Thrashed 12-0 every Match Same As the aussies really there crap at every sport
Yeah,Australia is **** at every sport,always has been always will be.:rolleyes:

aussie1st said:
India have bigger venues, don't know about better.
We have better venues,no doubt.

jdbais

International Cricketer
The problem is that not many of the venues here in Australia are suited to soccer. Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth would probably have to build new stadiums or something. Anyone who has seen soccer at the MCG will know what I am talking about. .

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Its about time Aus got some new stadiums. I would love to see some of the designs from Japan and Korea in Aus. With league and union being played every year i'm sure they can use those stadiums afterwards.

That way grounds like the MCG can be used for cricket and AFL which the new rectangular stadiums used for rugby and soccer.

danny2502

School Cricketer
They Need to be bloody good stadiums you will have tough competition from the english

We Have Old Trafford, Villa Park, City Of Manchester Stadium, The KC Stadium and Wembley And The Emerites Stadium still to be built If you want the world cup your gonna need at least 6 stadiums that can hold over 40,000 people

sachin

International Coach
jdbais said:
The problem is that not many of the venues here in Australia are suited to soccer. Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth would probably have to build new stadiums or something. Anyone who has seen soccer at the MCG will know what I am talking about. .
But they would have Soccer at the 'G',they are not going to build another stadium.I think the Dome would be a good place to watch soccer. :)

danny2502 said:
They Need to be bloody good stadiums you will have tough competition from the english

We Have Old Trafford, Villa Park, City Of Manchester Stadium, The KC Stadium and Wembley And The Emerites Stadium still to be built If you want the world cup your gonna need at least 6 stadiums that can hold over 40,000 people
We have that,prolly more.Imagine,England with even more people-the BNP would go psycho! :D -,you'd be packed in as tight as a........maybe...a bit.... ahhh....rude to post ;)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Korea and Japan made at least 10 new stadiums so it can be done. Still heaps of time for that to happen.

Of course the English are going to be hard to beat given they would have hosted the Olympics a few years ago.

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
sachin said:
We have better venues,no doubt.
Are you serious??

So you have better venues than the MCG(over 100,000 seats), Telstra Dome (over 50,000 seats with roof) and other venues around Oz???

From what i see on Tv your stadiums just look like a little stand with a cat cage around it.

MWaugh

International Coach
steve i wouldnt go running around talking about the telstra dome to much. the surface is shocking and is causing injuries because of the sandy surface. however we have far greater stadiums that india. suncorp, stadium australi, scg, aussie stadium, waca, subiaco, energy australia stadium. they are all world class and look absolutly superb. the indians are basically grounds with cages and lots of dirt and stand in the middle. you could put a big fence and some seats around the aussie beach and add some dirt if you want, then we can compare stadiums :p

sachin

International Coach
.::Stevo::. said:
Are you serious??

So you have better venues than the MCG(over 100,000 seats), Telstra Dome (over 50,000 seats with roof) and other venues around Oz???

From what i see on Tv your stadiums just look like a little stand with a cat cage around it.
I'm an Aussie,you siily Prat! :mad:

MWaugh said:
steve i wouldnt go running around talking about the telstra dome to much. the surface is shocking and is causing injuries because of the sandy surface. however we have far greater stadiums that india. suncorp, stadium australi, scg, aussie stadium, waca, subiaco, energy australia stadium. they are all world class and look absolutly superb. the indians are basically grounds with cages and lots of dirt and stand in the middle. you could put a big fence and some seats around the aussie beach and add some dirt if you want, then we can compare stadiums :p
And it wouldn't smell nearly as bad :D

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
sachin said:
I'm an Aussie,you siily Prat! :mad:

And it wouldn't smell nearly as bad :D

lol sorry mate, i thought your location said India.

Yeh, well at least we could hold the Beach Vollyball World Cup at the Dome :p

mattwinter

School Cricketer
MWaugh said:
australia have absolutly no right to host the world cup. as much as i would love to watch it and have it here in australia, we cant even make the bloody thing. at the moment we have good players in kewell, viduka, cahill etc. they will all be long gone by the time the 2018 cup comes along. we could be as bad as the islanders we play against.

australia only want to host the world cup because we have been trying for over 30 years to get in without any luck. they would be better off too stop winghing about how tough the draw is and make a team good enough to get in in the first place instead of taking it off countries who have worked hard to get where they are.

we dont even have a decent national comp. we have a comp of good amatures with 2 decent players, an aged ned zelic (newcastle) and dwight yorke (who is brilliant but old as well). it just doesnt make sense. put the resources into making better young kids first

At the moment, yes, but by the time we are bidding for 2018, that may have changed and we may have a great team, and a strong national comp.

You have to remember that it is still many years away, we have stadiums in at least 4 stadiums already that would be perfect for world cup soccer (Suncorp, Telstra Stadium, Aussie Stadium, Telstra Dome)

And Perth are planning a 60,000 seat multi-purpose stadium already. In Adelaide, Hindmarsh might be able to be upgraded, or games could be played at the Adelaide Oval, but Adelaide could probably build a new 50,000 seat square stadium by then.

If you upgrade stadiums like Energy Australia Stadium, and Central Coast Stadium, possibly the new stadiums planned for Melbourne and the Gold Coast we would have plenty of venues.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Perth aren't building at 60,000 seat stadium. Closer to 30,000.
Canberra could use a bigger stadium they always sell it out during the Super 12.

Users who are viewing this thread