2018 World Cup Bids

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Doesn't that demean the point of a secret ballot?

Anyway Spain had the olympics in 92 iirc.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
oh my god why does blatter hate England so much! He is the most idiotic man in the world and anyone could do a better job than him. I think all the European nations should boycott the world cup!

themuel1

International Coach
Leicester Fox said:
oh my god why does blatter hate England so much! He is the most idiotic man in the world and anyone could do a better job than him. I think all the European nations should boycott the world cup!

Sepp Blubber is a complete tosser. Why the hell is he in charge of FIFA !!!??? :mad:

This is what he has done since he's been there:
Under Blatter, various rules purported to elevate the moral standards in the playing of the game were implemented including booking players who remove their shirts after scoring a goal starting in 2004, as well as those who are guilty of 'over-zealous celebrations'. The rationale for this particular rule change was that football is a global sport, and thus the sensibilities of conservative nations and spectators must be respected. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sepp_Blatter)

The rules are absolute rubbish and haven't improved the game. Also - the offside rule too.

Remember how he dealt with Marc Vivian- Foe's death......

I think the FA should grow some balls and tell FIFA to pi** off until they can sort themeselves out.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
1994 - North America
1998 - Europe
2002 - Asia
2006 - Europe
2010 - Africa
2014 - South America
2018 - ??

If the World Cup is held in an European country in 2018 it will be the third in the span of just 20 years. So North America or Asia would be a more fair decision. I was wondering if Australia could be considered as host?

themuel1

International Coach
m_vaughan said:
1994 - North America
1998 - Europe
2002 - Asia
2006 - Europe
2010 - Africa
2014 - South America
2018 - ??

If the World Cup is held in an European country in 2018 it will be the third in the span of just 20 years. So North America or Asia would be a more fair decision. I was wondering if Australia could be considered as host?

Why would the U.S want it? Also, is the game big enough in Ausralia? I'm not sure it is.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
That's the thing that bugs me about a rotational policy. When USA had it in 94 most Americans didn't know or care it was happening and fans (probably mainly from Europe) had to travel to America. I don't know if Football is a massively popular game in Asia (percentage of population interested) , but it certainly is in Europe and South America so any rotational policy should reflect this and bias it towards where the fans are.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
we are one of the most passionate nations in the world about football and the country practically shuts down when games are played so why shouldn't we have it just because people on a different continent would quite like to have something to do for a few weeks??

themuel1

International Coach
Kev said:
That's the thing that bugs me about a rotational policy. When USA had it in 94 most Americans didn't know or care it was happening and fans (probably mainly from Europe) had to travel to America. I don't know if Football is a massively popular game in Asia (percentage of population interested) , but it certainly is in Europe and South America so any rotational policy should reflect this and bias it towards where the fans are.

Agreed Kevin - In the long run this is punishing football fans that have to goa large distance to see their team play in a country that doesn't care. It's all very well saying everyone deserves it and that it will spark interest......Look at the USA - it did nothing.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
To be fair you'd expect to see whether it made a difference to the USA within the next 5-6 years, as all the kids from that time will now be reaching the right age. Since Beckham is now going there, and more and more Americans are coming to play in top clubs in Europe, I'd say it has made a difference.

To that degree I think the World Cup in 2018 if it can't be in England should be in Australia.

themuel1

International Coach
puddleduck said:
To be fair you'd expect to see whether it made a difference to the USA within the next 5-6 years, as all the kids from that time will now be reaching the right age. Since Beckham is now going there, and more and more Americans are coming to play in top clubs in Europe, I'd say it has made a difference.

To that degree I think the World Cup in 2018 if it can't be in England should be in Australia.

It WILL NEVER be big in the US, they have their own sports and their welcome to them. Baseball, Basketball and American football. A problem stems that two sports named football confuses the American. :p

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
themuel1 said:
It WILL NEVER be big in the US, they have their own sports and their welcome to them. Baseball, Basketball and American football. A problem stems that two sports named football confuses the American. :p

Half of them don't understand football...at the opening game of USA '94 30 fans left after the first goal because they thought it was the end :laugh.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Well I think being bias towards Europe and South America wont allow increase the gap between them and the rest of the world. If you want the other countries to compete then you got to allow them to host the World Cup so as to generate more and more interest.

And about USA, I think WC 94 has made a considerable difference. Ofcourse it wont beat baseball and football (american), but it has definately more well known now than it was before.

Users who are viewing this thread